Changes in base game

Alagos

Re: Changes in base game

Post by Alagos »

Since PC players can, console players should be able to too. The games are essentially identical.
I assume people don't use Seasons, unless they say otherwise.

How to upload your >> log<<
How to upload >>images << to the forum
How to get your gamekey's activation limit >>reset<<
How to report a >> bug <<

>>Rules<<
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

I know I've done preventive spraying before. Granted, the seasons mod is active, but I think you can with seasons off, you just have to do it manually as the AI helper can't be employed unless 2nd stage weeds are present.
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)
Lexie

Post by Lexie »

This is working on console too (tested on PS4) without seasons. Worker won't do it for you so you have to do it yourself and you will see a little different texture color between the parts which are sprayed and not.
Anyway, I turned off the "Weeds" option, as those fields full of weeds are so ugly and unnatural.
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

If you let a field go irl with no spraying, it will be covered in weeds. If you were to walk the rows there would be weeds everywhere and eventually would overtake the crop. Seasons is a little unrealistic too. Yes, I could see it coming on patchy, but eventually everything would be covered with weeds.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Lexie

Post by Lexie »

I do believe you, but farmers doing everything to protect their crops, so normally your will not see those fields full of weeds (at least not where I live). And when you see a field full of weeds, it's when the land is abandoned for some reason.

Also the A.I. farmers do everything like cultivating, sowing, harvesting, but not protecting their crops, only if you accept their contract and doing it yourself. Another point, when growth is set to normal, everything is growing way to fast including weeds, so in no time you sou the big weeds everywhere. The implementation of weeds could be done so much better, like A.I. farmers also protecting their crops, no fields full of weeds, more different sizes of weeds. So I do more like the FS17 way with 3 times fertilization needed, 1st one slurry, 2nd one spreading and 3rd time was my crop protection with spraying, or slurry, weeding and spreading. Now in basegame 19, only 2 times fertilization is needed, so I have to choose what to do, spreading of spraying.
Illinois Farmer

Yes I agree it could be better, but you did say irl farmers do stuff to prevent weeds early on, so you don't see fields full of weeds. Well in the game, if you don't spray, then why should the weeds not grow? You didn't do anything to stop them from growing. If you wanted it closer to real life, then you should be required to spray for weeds 2 or 3 times to kill the weeds.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Lexie

Post by Lexie »

I do not have a problem to spray my fields, I do have a problem with A.I. farmers not spraying or weeding their fields. And I'm the one who have to look to all those fields full of weeds while driving around.
GothicKing13

Post by GothicKing13 »

Yes, you can spray herbicide right after planting. I love that feature. My fields look perfect every time... beautiful fields of $$$, erm... I mean crops. But, also... another tip if playing the base game, without utilizing the seasons mod.

If you want to fully finish a field before they even start growing.
1. Plant and Fertilize (either with a seeder with fertilize or fertilize right after)
2. Herbicide (with fertilizer already on the field... it's easier to see where you have been with the herbicide and also allows step 3)
3. Fertilize

Now with this you have 0 Weeds from start to finish and 100% fertilizer before the field even starts growing. Makes managing multiple fields, grass fields and animals a breeze. Turn crop growth off... prep all fields for sowing and then follow steps 1 - 3 and then turn crop growth back on to desired growth rate. :hi:
GOTHICKING13 With every deed, you are sowing a seed. Though the harvest, you may not see.
Illinois Farmer

Lexie wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:14 pm I do not have a problem to spray my fields, I do have a problem with A.I. farmers not spraying or weeding their fields. And I'm the one who have to look to all those fields full of weeds while driving around.
I don't disagree with you on that aspect. Maybe in the future games, you will see ai working in the fields.
Lexie

Post by Lexie »

I'm already happy when they spray their fields when I'm sleeping :mrgreen: