What your source of income?

BreadedVirus

What your source of income?

Post by BreadedVirus »

My main income is from potatoes (washed and premium) , silage and wool.
the big print giveth the small print taketh
Mwal

Re: What your source of income?

Post by Mwal »

Corn, soybeans, wheat, and beef cattle.
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

My job as a trucker.

Oh wait, in the game.

Currently arables and contracts. Il update that when I own more land, but it will probably remain with the grain.
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)
Bobbydj1980

Post by Bobbydj1980 »

My main source is cotton and wheat corn and beef cattle is the follow up on loneoak
Love farming simulator I play on the Xbox series x orangebeach Alabama
Atomixx

Post by Atomixx »

Although I'm quite new to the game, I already generate my most income by using solar power. There are several sizes of photovoltaic panels, which generate good money every day. :coolnew:
Viele Grüße,

TOM

------------------
LS22 (PC) (i9-13900KF, RTX 4090 Gigabyte OC, 64 GB DDR5, 3 TB m2.SSD, Samsung G9 Odyssey 49")
LS19 (PS5)
george.earlslight

Post by george.earlslight »

Silage to the BGA before the cows started producing milk, now cow milk.
Phigo

Post by Phigo »

in my first year in France (on hard economy) I do mostly contracts and my main income is not to spend Money. There are 60 € daily fee for Buildings and vehicles and if I don't spend any Money everything I sell is a plus on my bank account. I am happy if I can get the income to 7000 € a day (on 15x Speed). In the summer there are some good bailing contracts (which gave me 15 Silage-bales to store by myself). In a Month I will get my first calv and then I hope on making some Money on milk. If the manure-production climbs up a bit I will stop selling it to the bga and put it on the fields to save some Money for my fertilizer.

hard economy on that map is a real grind. contracts are often around 500 € and the yield from an average field is not more than 2000 Liters. Atm I have 14 Holstein, 7 sheep (no wool, just meat) and 50 chickens (easy 300 € every couple of days - yay).
PS4 und PC
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

Just started Hazzard County. My first year main source of income will be pig food production, compost, and flour. Hopefully year two I will be self sufficient enough to start breeding pigs and have dairy cows.
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
Ado239

Post by Ado239 »

Soy beans, canola, sunflower and oats(i like baling straw) Tillage and baling contracts for fun.
PS4 player. Case is ace but fear the Deere! *thumbsup*
bossmanslim

Post by bossmanslim »

My stance on crops:

Wheat, Barley = more difficult Oats
Oats = best straw crop and I'll plant if I want to deal with straw
Soybeans & Canola = best crops to rotate between to keep things not so boring
Cotton = best crop if all I want to do is make money and have a hankering to load the bales
Potatoes & Sugarbeets = too much volume for how poor the AI is, I might mess with this once I fill like mastering Courseplay
Sunflowers = bit too specialized, but with the sunflower header it is a good crop, otherwise it requires an extra step for the same payout as the grains above.
Corn = pass due to plowing requirement. I am thinking of editing the corn yield to make it more enticing to grow.
Popular = hard pass
Logging = I like it as an alternative to normal farming and it pays well
Haylage = I like it, especially with follow me to form a train to get all the processes done in one pass
Corn silage = too much volume and requires the extra step of plowing. I may try with fermenting silos. This is also a courseplay opportunity.
Sugarcane = good only for small farms
jasonbarron

Post by jasonbarron »

I just started Hazzard County on New Farmer trying out Seasons for the first time. My experience up till now was just growing a few crops and no animal husbandry on a simple map in vanilla, so this is pretty overwhelming. I think I'll just stick with the basics for the first "year" since all of my inherited fields require so much work getting them prepared, planting Canola everywhere I can in the early spring and then perhaps following up with soybeans in the mid to late summer.

Perhaps if the first harvest goes well I'll look into getting some cows and pigs after I've gotten a few harvests under my belt. Right now I'm not even sure how you get feed for them, so I have a lot of research to do.
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

Marwell: My main source of income is milk. Then solar energy. Wool and Horse training after that. Then crop sales. My season/year lasts around 60 in game days.

Osina: Main source of income is contract work, then selling pork, and my own crop sales.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
Stryder87

Post by Stryder87 »

It depends on what I need at the time. I can make so much money mowing, baling and wrapping grass (including all the extra you get from baling contracts) that I can pull in a few hundred thousand very easily. It feels like cheating so I've decided not to do that anymore and just use crops as my main income, with some contracts for fun. If I need a piece of machinery, and it's expensive, I'll pull out the mower and pay for that shiney new Fendt 1000 I need.
SimpleFarmer

Post by SimpleFarmer »

Government Subsidy.
El_Nino_NL

Post by El_Nino_NL »

Just started on The Hills of Slovenia in my first year, day 1 of summer.
Hopefully my main income will be wool and milk, from year 2. The fields are small so not much of an income fro those, just some pocket change.