Poplars+BioBaler: Worth it?

Crazof

Re: Poplars+BioBaler: Worth it?

Post by Crazof »

last time I did popular it was using a forage harvester and was meant to be a fill in job during slow days in seasons. I also had the storage capacity to put the entire 500K liters away until the high price came around in the middle of winter. was it the most profitable probably not, but it was something different to do, and except for the special forage header I had all the other equipment.

Chedly, did you do them? was looking forward to hearing your results
ThatCanadianGuy

Post by ThatCanadianGuy »

Dairydeere wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:52 am What would a forager look like for profit, assuming that you would use it for silage as well? I might be considering adding poplars to my production on Geiselsberg.
If you already have it for silage it would be a supplementary income for the machine, I doubt you would ever pay off the machine just using it for poplar unless a very large % of your farm was trees. It would all depend on your map and the prices also.
Former real life farmer of lentils, mustard, and wheat on the Canadian prairies.
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

I'd use it on Geiselsberg, where I already will have a silage harvester for my BGA contracts
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!