MaizePlus mod

Lucass

Re: MaizePlus mod

Post by Lucass »

I don't really understand the differences between: Grasssilage and Silage grass, Silageclover and Clover Silage, Alfalfa fermented and Silage Alfalfa.
Could you explain in "two words"?
Goose66

Post by Goose66 »

Lucass wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:11 pm I don't really understand the differences between: Grasssilage and Silage grass, Silageclover and Clover Silage, Alfalfa fermented and Silage Alfalfa.
Could you explain in "two words"?
They will be wrapped as silage grass, silageclover and so on. Wait the 72 hours and they will ferment to Clover silage, grass silage etc . Animals will only accept latter.
Buy Wopsters tool also to see the time left until ready
Playing on PC....Hollandscheveld maizeplus map
Suffolk, England
Discord ...Goose66
Lucass

Post by Lucass »

Ok, so Silage Alfalfa/Grass/Clover is only wprapped bales, not yet fermented - right?

I have another questions:
a. I play on Sandy Bay (Seasons) and don't have horses yet - but I see in Animal Screen they don't need "horse silage" and "horse hay" - what is the point of buying bales of these special horse food?
b. I bought mixer wagon to make TMR for cows and see that it takes - among others - soybean and sugar beets (two types of silage also - maize and WCS). In animal screen I 'don't see that cows need soybean and beets. I assume that I don't need to throw them to the mixer?

Thanks.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

The horse silage and hay is in preparation for the next maize plus update which will change how the horses are fed I believe.
Goose66

Post by Goose66 »

Yes, same with maize. Although with maize you have to chop the corn and dump the fresh maize on ground to wrap. Or stick it in a bucker to ferment

Depends if map is maizeplus ready or if the mapper has changed animal requirements. I never do horses so can't really answer that
Not sure which mixer wagon that is but if it makes TMR from those them you'll need to use then. Try the maize and wcs first and see if it makes tmr. If not you may have to add the others
Suffolk, England
Discord ...Goose66
Azfoor

Post by Azfoor »

Is there any point in using a mixer wagon when using Maize plus? The cows don't even require TMR no more :confusednew:
Goose66

Post by Goose66 »

I'm on Stone valley and no tmr on that so maybe not.
Suffolk, England
Discord ...Goose66
FSarndrone

Post by FSarndrone »

For any one wondering how the maize mods work read these descriptions :hi: Main maize mod https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2019 forage extension https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2019
Ccm Extension https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2019
I love multiplayer :mrgreen: and John Deere :coolnew:
Azfoor

Post by Azfoor »

FSarndrone wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:13 pm For any one wondering how the maize mods work read these descriptions :hi: Main maize mod https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2019 forage extension https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2019
Ccm Extension https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2019
Thank you man I had no idea *thumbsup* gonna make it even more fun doing cows now :mrgreen:
Azfoor

Post by Azfoor »

Does anyone know if Sandy Bay map does something to the feeding of cows because on sandy bay the feeding wagons only display three types of input but on other maps (with otherwise the same mods selected) the feeding wagons display 6 or 7 inputs like soybeens and potato's I think but not on sandy bay. :confusednew: :frown:
Goose66

Post by Goose66 »

Certain mappers have changed animal feeding requirements. Think oxy has for that map.
Suffolk, England
Discord ...Goose66
Elspoox

Post by Elspoox »

So what im seeing is, that cows "happiness bar" only depends on cleanliness, water and straw, i hope this bar doesnt also represent cow productivity, if so, then its pointless giving cows any silage or such...
Azfoor

Post by Azfoor »

Goose66 wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:02 am Certain mappers have changed animal feeding requirements. Think oxy has for that map.
That's a shame.. Any idea how to revert that?
Azfoor

Post by Azfoor »

Elspoox wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:36 am So what im seeing is, that cows "happiness bar" only depends on cleanliness, water and straw, i hope this bar doesnt also represent cow productivity, if so, then its pointless giving cows any silage or such...
No it's the other way around. You have to give them feed for all four feeding categories to get full productivity i believe as each category is 25%
dimi

Post by dimi »

Azfoor wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:51 am Does anyone know if Sandy Bay map does something to the feeding of cows because on sandy bay the feeding wagons only display three types of input but on other maps (with otherwise the same mods selected) the feeding wagons display 6 or 7 inputs like soybeens and potato's I think but not on sandy bay. :confusednew: :frown:
that is not the experience i have with Sandy bay. admittedly i haven't made tmr since the latest maizeplus/forage extension update, but before that i definitely had to add moister food(beets/potatoes and concentrates (soybean, canola etc) just like is says in the forage extension mod description.