MaizePlus mod

dimi

Re: MaizePlus mod

Post by dimi »

Goose66 wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:02 am Certain mappers have changed animal feeding requirements. Think oxy has for that map.
I'm not an expert, but the only changes i see in the sandy bay files is that he added clover and alfalfa as possible feed options for animals. he also added the feed requirements for calves of course. like i said in my previous post, the last time i made tmr i needed the exact same ingredients for the tmr as those that are listed in the MaizePLus/Forage extension mod.
Elspoox

Post by Elspoox »

So that bar represents cows productivity? so im guessing something is glitchy for me, because its full green, even though i dont have any silo in it, it only goes down if the cleanliness is bad or i dont have water
Doc3d

Post by Doc3d »

I think there is a file missing from the latest sandy bay. The animalfeed*something*.xml is empty in the map folder under maize plus, while on other maps with forage extension, that file has all the TMR and feed requirements in it. Not sure if it’s by design or a mistake, but I copied the info from another map, and mixer wagons showed the correct requirements(as listed in forage extension) afterwards.

Not by my computer atm so can’t be more specific but there is a folder in the map zip called maize plus. Inside that folder there is a file named animal*something* that sets the requirements.
dimi

Post by dimi »

Are you playing with seasons mod or not? i can't answer the question if you don't run seasons mod since i never played fs19 without it. but with seasons the bar at the top just represents the cleanliness. the actual health is what is important. you can find that figure under the image of the cow/breed on in the right of the animal screen.
dimi

Post by dimi »

Doc3d wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:11 am I think there is a file missing from the latest sandy bay. The animalfeed*something*.xml is empty in the map folder under maize plus, while on other maps with forage extension, that file has all the TMR and feed requirements in it. Not sure if it’s by design or a mistake, but I copied the info from another map, and mixer wagons showed the correct requirements(as listed in forage extension) afterwards.

Not by my computer atm so can’t be more specific but there is a folder in the map zip called maize plus. Inside that folder there is a file named animal*something* that sets the requirements.
the animal food definitions are listed in the animalfood.xml file in the FS19_MaizePlus_forageExtension mod.

the following is a quote from that file
"This is the animalFood.xml it basically more or less replaces what would be the husbandryFoodDefinitions.xml when MaizePlus is active.
We override all default stuff so husbandryFoodDefinitions is invalid if MaizePlus is active.
If you use a custom husbandryFoodDefinitions in your map and you want to have the same changes or additional animals with MaizePlus active, or you want to alter the MaizePlus Settings for your Map you can do so as follows.
- create a Folder called "maizePlus" in the base directory of your map
- copy this XML-File into it
- rename the XML to animalFoodAdditions.xml
- remove everything you don't want to edit/change
- leave/add those things you do want to change. The addition file is loaded after the main file so if you change a setting for the existing Foodgroups or Foodmixtures the map-file will override the base MaizePlus file!"

what i make from this is that in the file that you mention the map makes just needs to list any changes he wants to make, (like OxygenDavid did with the calves) but he doesn't have to list the all the tmr and feed requirements because those are listed in the forage extension mods.
Elspoox

Post by Elspoox »

https://image.giants-software.com/index ... codes=true

So this is my situation, ive only put in hey, silage, water, straw and the bar is full, so im wondering if this bar represents productivity or health, i have also changed the map (both maize plus ready) to see if the case is still the same, and it is. im playing on seasons, i hope you can see the picture.
Elspoox

Post by Elspoox »

I have just seen "health" displayed on the right, which is 69% (nice) so that means that bar must represent productivity, but it cant be right, since i dont have every food, maybe its glitchy?
dimi

Post by dimi »

Elspoox wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:26 am https://image.giants-software.com/index ... codes=true

So this is my situation, ive only put in hey, silage, water, straw and the bar is full, so im wondering if this bar represents productivity or health, i have also changed the map (both maize plus ready) to see if the case is still the same, and it is. im playing on seasons, i hope you can see the picture.
the green 100% bar is cleanliness, not health or productivity. the health/productivity is 69% in your case, as can be seen at the right side of your screenshot

edit: i add this quote from the seasons manual to indicate what health/productivity means with seasons: "The productivity in the base game is again replaced with a health indicator. The health increases with time as all the needs of the animals are fulfilled. Note however that if not properly fed the decrease in health can occur quicker than the increase."
Elspoox

Post by Elspoox »

dimi wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:30 am the green 100% bar is cleanliness, not health or productivity. the health/productivity is 69% in your case, as can be seen at the right side of your screenshot

edit: i add this quote from the seasons manual to indicate what health/productivity means with seasons: "The productivity in the base game is again replaced with a health indicator. The health increases with time as all the needs of the animals are fulfilled. Note however that if not properly fed the decrease in health can occur quicker than the increase."
i am asking for that bar on the far left, which is white( because i clicked on it), that bar is full, which i assume means productivity, so i assume that bar is wrong and i should only focus on that health percentage, which also means productivity, right?
Doc3d

Post by Doc3d »

My take on the white bar in your picture is that it’s an overall representation. So if your bar is topped off, you’re good. If it dips down, it can be because of lack of food, water or cleanliness. You’d have to look on the right side to figure out which one is at fault. In your case they have all their needs met, health is going up(albeit slowly) and they are clean, so you’re good.
dimi

Post by dimi »

thanks for the clarification, i thought you meant another bar. yes you should only focus on the health. not completely sure about that white bar but i think its green because you have enough of some of the foods.
with the maizeplus/forage mods you will need all the foods to get to 100% so i don't think the health will rise very much more. that being said i don't think there is much use in trying to maximize the health till your cows are getting close to start producing milk, which will still take a while.
Elspoox

Post by Elspoox »

Thank you very much guys.
Azfoor

Post by Azfoor »

Doc3d wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:11 am I think there is a file missing from the latest sandy bay. The animalfeed*something*.xml is empty in the map folder under maize plus, while on other maps with forage extension, that file has all the TMR and feed requirements in it. Not sure if it’s by design or a mistake, but I copied the info from another map, and mixer wagons showed the correct requirements(as listed in forage extension) afterwards.

That did it :biggrin2: Thank you *thumbsup*
Azfoor

Post by Azfoor »

Buuut.. Do I need all of the ingredients to get TMR because I added maize silage and grass silage straw and soybeans but it just says forage. :confusednew:
humbe

Post by humbe »

FSarndrone wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:13 pm For any one wondering how the maize mods work read these descriptions :hi: Main maize mod https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2019 forage extension https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2019
Ccm Extension https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2019
The description says nothing about making it more complex to feed animals when enabled, yet on sandy bay with seasons I get 4 food categories instead of 1 with this extension active. Needs more info