MaizePlus mod

dimi

Re: MaizePlus mod

Post by dimi » Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:02 pm

Azfoor wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:52 pm
Buuut.. Do I need all of the ingredients to get TMR because I added maize silage and grass silage straw and soybeans but it just says forage. :confusednew:
you also need between 2 and 15% potatoes or sugar beets
Stop in and check out the FS community traiding forum
For all your dynamic sales and roleplaying needs @ FS Comunity Trader

dimi

Post by dimi » Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:08 pm

humbe wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:32 pm
The description says nothing about making it more complex to feed animals when enabled, yet on sandy bay with seasons I get 4 food categories instead of 1 with this extension active. Needs more info
what animal do you need more info on? the forage extension mod is made to make the feeding of animals more interesting and as a result also more "complex". With the forage extension mod you will need to fill all categories in order to reach maximum health on the animals, instead of just filling the best food group.
Stop in and check out the FS community traiding forum
For all your dynamic sales and roleplaying needs @ FS Comunity Trader

FSarndrone

Post by FSarndrone » Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:18 pm

humbe wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:32 pm
The description says nothing about making it more complex to feed animals when enabled, yet on sandy bay with seasons I get 4 food categories instead of 1 with this extension active. Needs more info
It said nothing? Here is part of the description Image
I love multiplayer :mrgreen: and John Deere :coolnew: I am known as TNT gaming on silver news’s server

humbe

Post by humbe » Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:03 am

Hmm.. My fault.. I was reading docs for MaizePlus as that was the mod I thought I disabled to get back to normal feeding, but I see the forage extension mod was also in my list and got disabled when I disabled MaizePlus...

I was having issues with sheep wondering about how to make them stay healthy.

Azfoor

Post by Azfoor » Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:12 am

dimi wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:02 pm
Azfoor wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:52 pm
Buuut.. Do I need all of the ingredients to get TMR because I added maize silage and grass silage straw and soybeans but it just says forage. :confusednew:
you also need between 2 and 15% potatoes or sugar beets
That did the trick :biggrin2: finding this out sparked new life in to fs for me *thumbsup*

swafixer

Post by swafixer » Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:12 am

So maybe my light is not so bright. I play with Seasons. I can fill all 4 food types individually without a mixer wagon and the health percentage is going up. It's playable. As a rule, I like to understand how a mod works even if I don't use it's full functionality. My question is about the Mixer Wagon. Do I require the correct percentages of all 6 categories in order to make TMR? I have not played long with the mod but I did use a mix of Maize silage, Grass silage and Straw and all were in the green ban in the mixer display. This only made Forage and when fed to the cows only filled the top food category and only used Maize silage and straw from the mixer wagon leaving the Grass silage until the ratio went into the red. Does the TMR fill all 4 food categories? I'm sorry. I have not taken the time to use all fill types in all situations to test. I was hoping someone else had and would be gracious enough to share that information. The Mod guide was not real clear to me. Again, maybe I'm not so bright.
This is on Ellerbach with stock equipment.

Doc3d

Post by Doc3d » Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:32 am

You need soybeans,barley or canola in the mixer as well, and a dash of potatoes or beets.

This will make TMR, if you have forage, you are missing an ingredient. Forage will simply be a mix of whatever you have in the mixer (that is not yet quite TMR) and the way the game works is that it separates them when you empty in a trough and you fill the groups that the mix consists of. So if you put maize silage and straw only in the mixer, you will fill those two groups, for example.

If you have TMR and add that to the trough you will fill 3 of the 4 groups. The last being hay, which will have to be fed separately.

That is my understanding of it, I am still experimenting but I think that’s correct. Good luck :)

Lucass

Post by Lucass » Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:38 am

So the question is...
is there a difference for animal's condition between:
a) making TMR in mixer including all necessary components (plus hay separatelly)
b) giving them all necessary food (in 4 gropus) separatelly
? :hmm: