SimpleQuestions!

jasonbarron

Re: SimpleQuestions!

Post by jasonbarron »

FarmCatJenkins wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 4:27 am Is there a small mod out there that stores just woodchips? I don't need a whole multifruit silo, I have storage for everything else. Just need to store my woodchips until winter. Thanks!
Sounds like someone has been cleaning out around their fields!
Rabbitbugs93

Post by Rabbitbugs93 »

Currently playing greenwich an I've a question about a man that walks across the road in front of me everytime,,let's just call him Ted for name sake,,but I'm wondering do Ted have a collision for bale's because I've drove through him hundreds of times and he just walks through the tractor but when I've bales on the trailer some will fall off when I hit him,,can't think what else might cause it apart from Ted
Max4hdmatt77

Post by Max4hdmatt77 »

Hey Ted. Get out of the road and watch for workers!
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

jasonbarron wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:13 pm
FarmCatJenkins wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 4:27 am Is there a small mod out there that stores just woodchips? I don't need a whole multifruit silo, I have storage for everything else. Just need to store my woodchips until winter. Thanks!
Sounds like someone has been cleaning out around their fields!
Lol yeah harvest is done time to combine some fields
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
MacCLovin

Post by MacCLovin »

Rabbitbugs93 wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:36 pm Currently playing greenwich an I've a question about a man that walks across the road in front of me everytime,,let's just call him Ted for name sake,,but I'm wondering do Ted have a collision for bale's because I've drove through him hundreds of times and he just walks through the tractor but when I've bales on the trailer some will fall off when I hit him,,can't think what else might cause it apart from Ted
I've never tried it but I am assuming if I hit someone in the road, there will be at least a little thud, right?
ThatCanadianGuy

Post by ThatCanadianGuy »

https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2019

Just be aware it leaves a hole in the ground after you sell it.
Former real life farmer of lentils, mustard, and wheat on the Canadian prairies.
Rabbitbugs93

Post by Rabbitbugs93 »

MacCLovin wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 5:23 pm
Rabbitbugs93 wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:36 pm Currently playing greenwich an I've a question about a man that walks across the road in front of me everytime,,let's just call him Ted for name sake,,but I'm wondering do Ted have a collision for bale's because I've drove through him hundreds of times and he just walks through the tractor but when I've bales on the trailer some will fall off when I hit him,,can't think what else might cause it apart from Ted
I've never tried it but I am assuming if I hit someone in the road, there will be at least a little thud, right?
I was using the in cab view so didn't see what exactly knocked off the bales,, there was a slight thud or bump so I'm just curious to know if it was indeed the great Ted because I'd rather not try it again and have to reload the bale's if it is Ted doing it
hpmc13

Post by hpmc13 »

FarmCatJenkins wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 4:57 pm Lol yeah harvest is done time to combine some fields
I read "combine some fields" as "Combine Harvester some fields," not "put some fields together."
I thought Why? Your harvest is done, are you doing it twice?
Reading is hard.
Playing on PC
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

hpmc13 wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 5:35 pm
FarmCatJenkins wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 4:57 pm Lol yeah harvest is done time to combine some fields
I read "combine some fields" as "Combine Harvester some fields," not "put some fields together."
I thought Why? Your harvest is done, are you doing it twice?
Reading is hard.
😂😂
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
Old McGlenno

Post by Old McGlenno »

ThatCanadianGuy wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 5:24 pm

Just be aware it leaves a hole in the ground after you sell it.
There is also this mod

SimpleFarmer

Post by SimpleFarmer »

I was quite dissapointed to see hte sugar cane trailers can't hold root crops. I say a root crop operation going on last year and I saw them using trailers that looked like the medium sized sugar cane trailers. Is there a trailer that dumps into another that supports root crops? I don't really want to follow the root crop harvester around with the big truck. I saw a youtube video of them dumping the potatoes into a conveyor system that dumped into a truck so maybe I will do that.
juf.de

Post by juf.de »

The Holmer DLC should have a attachmend for loading root crops.
Rootcrops are heavy, thats way to much weigth for the ligth built sugarcane trailers.
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
SimpleFarmer

Post by SimpleFarmer »

juf.de wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:09 pm The Holmer DLC should have a attachmend for loading root crops.
Rootcrops are heavy, thats way to much weigth for the ligth built sugarcane trailers.
Yeah I noticed the ones I saw were more like mining equipment than farming equipment, I'll check that pack out. Thanks.
SimpleFarmer

Post by SimpleFarmer »

Does anyone know how exact the crop growth cycle window is? For example, I am using 3 day seasons and it's early spring. It says i (Can't? shouldn't?) plant soybeans until late spring and the temperature is blue. I have never had a whole field say germination failed and i have planted at some out of season growth times, or when the temperature was blue. The only thing I've had screw me over before was planting in late spring and not being ale to harvest because the crops never dry out in the fall. If I plant my soybeans in early spring will they all die.
Max4hdmatt77

Post by Max4hdmatt77 »

SimpleFarmer wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:02 pm Does anyone know how exact the crop growth cycle window is? For example, I am using 3 day seasons and it's early spring. It says i (Can't? shouldn't?) plant soybeans until late spring and the temperature is blue. I have never had a whole field say germination failed and i have planted at some out of season growth times, or when the temperature was blue. The only thing I've had screw me over before was planting in late spring and not being ale to harvest because the crops never dry out in the fall. If I plant my soybeans in early spring will they all die.
The reason you the crops dont dry out is cause youre using 3 day seasons. The seasons mod reccomends using 9 day seasons and most seasons geo mods recommend using 6 day seasons. With 3 day seasons theres not really enough time in between rain for crops to dry especially if its a rainy geo. Hope this helps.