SimpleQuestions!

Illinois Farmer

Re: SimpleQuestions!

Post by Illinois Farmer »

If it is similar to real life. You could sell them at 700 lbs or finish them out to like 1400 lbs.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

iB055 wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:49 am Quick question for those that have more experience with animals on seasons.

I'm raising Holsteins and im keeping the females and putting the male calves in a separate pen. At what age or weight would you suggest selling the males?
From my experience I sell males around 1300 lbs. It seems the most efficient. Once they go over 1400 lbs the increase in food eaten doesn’t outweigh the small rise in value in my opinion.
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
Phigo

Post by Phigo »

There is a section in the Seasons-Manual exactly for the weight of animals if you want to sell them.
PS4 und PC
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

Question: Is there a PC mod that allows you to place custom written signs?

jasonbarron

Post by jasonbarron »

FarmCatJenkins wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:20 pm
iB055 wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:49 am Quick question for those that have more experience with animals on seasons.

I'm raising Holsteins and im keeping the females and putting the male calves in a separate pen. At what age or weight would you suggest selling the males?
From my experience I sell males around 1300 lbs. It seems the most efficient. Once they go over 1400 lbs the increase in food eaten doesn’t outweigh the small rise in value in my opinion.
If you're raising Holsteins, do they (steers) need to be kept in separate pens and away from the females, or is it just down to preference?
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

@farmcatj.
Yes, on the modhub
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

jasonbarron wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:02 pm
FarmCatJenkins wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:20 pm

If you're raising Holsteins, do they (steers) need to be kept in separate pens and away from the females, or is it just down to preference?
Not in game, as far as I see they eat the diet they are intended per individual animal. in real life they would be separated after weaning or if your fattening steers or raising heifers you wouldn’t be feeding them the same way.
jasonbarron

Post by jasonbarron »

Thanks Mwal. I appreciate the comparison between game and rl, too. One of my favorite things about this game is how many real farmers I get to ask questions of!
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

Noraf wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:08 pm @farmcatj.
Yes, on the modhub
Do you know the name by chance?

FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

jasonbarron wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:02 pm If you're raising Holsteins, do they (steers) need to be kept in separate pens and away from the females, or is it just down to preference?
Preference. In game I run a separate pasture for males when they are born. There are a couple on Modhub that don’t produce manure or milk, and don’t require straw (I think). Perfect for males.

Noraf

Post by Noraf »

FarmCatJenkins wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:33 pm Do you know the name by chance?
Yes, i do, but i can do one better ->press here<-

was on the mobile earlier, a bit harder looking trough all the mods there
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
SimpleFarmer

Post by SimpleFarmer »

Does anyone know if there is a way to get the "Sell" button in the workshop to work? Seems like if it has no purpose it shouldn't be there.
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

SimpleFarmer wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:30 pm Does anyone know if there is a way to get the "Sell" button in the workshop to work? Seems like if it has no purpose it shouldn't be there.
Placeable workshop or one already on your farm at the start? What map? I think after so many hours on it you can’t sell at the workshop you have to take it to the store. Or vice versa before it has too many hours you can’t sell it.

SimpleFarmer

Post by SimpleFarmer »

The placeable workshop - really any workshop besides the one at the dealership. I never had it work. I've only tried it a handful of times though. The one at the dealership works every time.