SimpleQuestions!

jasonbarron

Re: SimpleQuestions!

Post by jasonbarron »

Are there limits to bales on the PC?
juf.de

Post by juf.de »

No, there are no limits for bales on PC, you also have no slots. Trees however are still limited.
Be aware though that to many bales in the same place decrease your FPS.
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
jasonbarron

Post by jasonbarron »

I've yet to produce any, but I'm always curious about where I'll be going in the long run with this game. I'm currently getting set to sow 18 acres with grass early on my first year, plus I think I have around 32 acres collectively of wheat and oats, so I've been pondering how to handle all the hay and straw, whether to bale or get a loading trailer. I'm leaning towards baling.
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

If you're on PC, I'd recommend using the bale storage mod from GtX, available on the mod hub.
It lets you store a lot of bales easily in stacks, and seems to me to be more fps friendly than a standard stack.

Edit :
If you want to get the bales off the field fast, go for an auto loader, like the aruscin(I have no idea how that's spelled) or the Anderson's. Bit more work, use the 4 stack, or just use a frontloader/telehandler/wheel loader to collect from the field and load up on trailers. Plenty of real life farmers do that
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

Noraf wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:51 pm If you're on PC, I'd recommend using the bale storage mod from GtX, available on the mod hub.
It lets you store a lot of bales easily in stacks, and seems to me to be more fps friendly than a standard stack.

I guess that is even though you see the bales they are not really there until you spawn them. What i really like from GTX are the stacks which have no building with them as by using place anywhere you can put them inside existing buildings on a map *thumbsup*
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

That's the ones I ment, yes. Though you can put a roof over them, it's built in to the mod, and looks really good
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
Fifty1990

Post by Fifty1990 »

Noraf wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:51 pm If you're on PC, I'd recommend using the bale storage mod from GtX, available on the mod hub.

Edit :
If you want to get the bales off the field fast, go for an auto loader, like the aruscin(I have no idea how that's spelled) or the Anderson's. Bit more work, use the 4 stack, or just use a frontloader/telehandler/wheel loader to collect from the field and load up on trailers. Plenty of real life farmers do that
Those sheds should have been implemented in the base game by giants would be the best way to solve the bale limits on consoles.
Fifty1990 is the gamertag on ps4. Farm on people *thumbsup* :mrgreen:
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

So, in the Welker Farms map, in the shop there's a car lift that goes up and down, but I noticed you can slide the overhead crane over as well. Is that just another for your entertainment animation, or can you use the crane to actually lift things?

On a separate note, not a question, I had a stupid me moment on that map. So when I first downloaded it, I went walking around exploring and thought to myself, "It sure would be nice of there a workshop trigger in here," in the shop building. Only by accident when I was going turn the lights off in the office did I realize that if you park a piece of equipment in the west end of the shop, then go to the computer inside the office, lo and behold, a workshop trigger is there. We need a facepalm smiley for moments like this.
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)
SimpleFarmer

Post by SimpleFarmer »

Bryan83 wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:15 pm So, in the Welker Farms map, in the shop there's a car lift that goes up and down, but I noticed you can slide the overhead crane over as well. Is that just another for your entertainment animation, or can you use the crane to actually lift things?

On a separate note, not a question, I had a stupid me moment on that map. So when I first downloaded it, I went walking around exploring and thought to myself, "It sure would be nice of there a workshop trigger in here," in the shop building. Only by accident when I was going turn the lights off in the office did I realize that if you park a piece of equipment in the west end of the shop, then go to the computer inside the office, lo and behold, a workshop trigger is there. We need a facepalm smiley for moments like this.
I have a lot of these moments. Which is why now before I even start a map I see if there is a MrSealyP walkthrough of it. It's almost a must for maps like Sussex.
SimpleFarmer

Post by SimpleFarmer »

Should I buy the Claas DLC? I've been hearing rumors that it's unstable but I really want to use some of the equipment. Is it the whole pack that is unstable or just a specific piece?
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

Well I bought the season pass, so I got it when it released. Haven't played with it yet, plans to build a Claas fleet on Westbridge Hills when I'm done in Montana.
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

I think either the telehandler or the wheel loader can’t refuel and the header trailers drift while stationary. I haven’t messed around with them much so I can’t say more than that
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Telehander can't be refueled.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:15 am Telehander can't be refueled.
Hey I saw you talking about that Indiana GEO earlier today. Have you tried it out?
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
jasonbarron

Post by jasonbarron »

FarmCatJenkins wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:10 am I think either the telehandler or the wheel loader can’t refuel and the header trailers drift while stationary. I haven’t messed around with them much so I can’t say more than that
I was thinking of going with Claas harvesters & headers, does the drifting constitute a major problem or just a graphical annoyance?