SimpleQuestions!

juf.de

Re: SimpleQuestions!

Post by juf.de »

The distance definitly helps of you already have a lot of equipment, but it depends on the building and map, how far it has to be away, but to be safe i recommend 1/4 to 1/2 of the map as a distance. If you already have all your animalrelated stuff at your main farm you could also decide to move your grain equipment and grain silo to another location.
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
SimpleFarmer

Post by SimpleFarmer »

I think the issue is all the bales in storage combined with the animal pen nearby. (and of course all my agri equipment there as well) Should I have the bales away from the enclosure and just bring TMR in a trailer to the animals? I wish I would have thought of this when I built my farm.
With all the equipment storage I have built here I think the easiest thing to do would be move the animal enclosure elsewhere and just bring the TMR there every day. Not sure how I would do the straw though, it would be a pain to have to bring bales out to the animal enclosure.
juf.de

Post by juf.de »

In that case i recommend, that you use the hay barn and a forage wagon instead of bales, this will help with framerate and if the barn is full, you can alsways put a second one rigth next to it.
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

So here's one I think qualifies for this thread, say over got a 500 hp tractor, but the plow I want to get says it requires 550 hp. Can I still make this work, or will it not pull? If it does pull, will I wear out the tractor faster on a 50 hp deficit?
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)
SimpleFarmer

Post by SimpleFarmer »

I think you're right. I think the straw barn is the solution. But dealing with bales is one of the most enjoyable parts of the game for me. I will put a straw barn by the animal enclosure for straw; I will have a seperate location for TMR production which will have a bale storage shed, the TMR mixer, and a small silo to put the mixed TMR in. At the original farm location will only remain my agri equipment and regular large silo. Thanks for the insight Juf.de

Bryan, I don't think the tractor will pull the plow very well. Even when you match 1:1 the tractor struggles on slopes and sometimes won't even pull it, especially with a plow. I don't think the maintenance will be affected however, I think it is only a factor of operating hours, but I'm not 100% sure.
Rabbitbugs93

Post by Rabbitbugs93 »

SimpleFarmer wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:47 pm How neccesary is it to move the animals away from the rest of the farm for frame rate purposes? I am about to expand my current 50-cow enclosure and am wondering if I should move it away from the farm.
I don't really want to because almost half of the things on my farm are for them, but I've already started to notice a bit of a delay I think.
Does anyone know how to manage this? Like how far away do I have to put it if I do have to spread stuff out.
Thanks

I'm playing on greenwich an at the sheep farm I've 200 sheep an 180 cows on the same farm,, never had any problems yet lol
SimpleFarmer

Post by SimpleFarmer »

Rabbitbugs93 wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:21 pm
I'm playing on greenwich an at the sheep farm I've 200 sheep an 180 cows on the same farm,, never had any problems yet lol
[/quote]

On a console right? I saw somewhere else on here that people were moving animals away from the farm for frame rate reasons. I hadn't noticed before but was just starting to notice one the last time I was on. I have almost 1100/1299 slots and like 80 bales stacked there. I think it is all too much for the same area.
Also, if you're using the starting farm I think the game runs smoother as opposed to placing all the buildings yourself like I did here - on Lone Oak I had a similar set up and used the regular farm and never noticed a frame rate problem.
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

Wouldn't a solution be to store most of the bales off site, and just haul in straw bales for a couple of days worth?
Making tmr off site sounds like a good idea to.

And, I agree, bales are good :)
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
Fifty1990

Post by Fifty1990 »

If there is lag involved on consoles its more likely to be the amount of machines/bales to close to eachother. I don’t think the amount of cows or sheep make the game lag because they only show a small amount in the fields the rest are virtual animals.
Fifty1990 is the gamertag on ps4. Farm on people *thumbsup* :mrgreen:
Crazof

Post by Crazof »

ditch the bales, go loose with everything. use alien Jim's MF shed pack silo. watch some sealyp videos, he shows how to make TMR and not move the machinery, pull into the silo, dump in the straw, hay, silage. mix then dump out the TMR, repeat. then you can use almost any tipper to haul to the cattle barn to feed them.
SimpleFarmer

Post by SimpleFarmer »

Thanks for all the feedback. I finished my farm, it took me a few hours to get it all done. I have a TMR mixing facility, with bales and a silo and all the latest TMR technology for premium quality product. I make deliveries every two days using a newly purchased delivery truck to the local cattle farm. I moved my cow enclosure out on it's own - even though it might not have been causing the lag itself, with all the equipment it takes, I think it was good to just move it away from the agricultural equipment. Where everything used to be is quite empty now, I think I will just spread out the equipment sheds and leave it. I haven't gotten so close to the slot limit before so I haven't had to manage frame rate. Also, Geiselsburg is half forest, which I think uses a lot of the slots.
Crazeof, I think handling bulk kind of takes some of the enjoyment out of the game. With the autoloading bale fork, or the new bale claw thing, moving and stacking bales is pretty enjoyable.
SimpleFarmer

Post by SimpleFarmer »

Can sugar beats be placed into pallets to sell?
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

Yes they can. There's a grime that does that
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
SimpleFarmer

Post by SimpleFarmer »

Noraf wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:44 pm Yes they can. There's a grime that does that
Perfect, thanks.
Crazof

Post by Crazof »

SimpleFarmer wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:19 pm
Crazeof, I think handling bulk kind of takes some of the enjoyment out of the game. With the autoloading bale fork, or the new bale claw thing, moving and stacking bales is pretty enjoyable.
get a large herd and you may change your mind, then add seasons and the console bale limits and loose in silos is the way to go( at least in my opinion).

In fs17 I had 4 of the forage and chips silos(500K cap ea) on my main map running 3 day seasons I'd buy the peecon mixer(60K+liters) and mix TMR 1 million+ liters in a play session, sometimes even storing it loose on the ground. I would have never been able to have that many cattle with bales. I haven't grown to this point yet in FS19