When to sell animals for meat

player1s

Re: When to sell animals for meat

Post by player1s »

Alagos wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:18 pm 544 - 635 KG, for future reference, google knew this =P
I tend to sell mine when they're above 650. So far it hasnt dissapointed me
Jimbob0704

Post by Jimbob0704 »

So there you go, if you have any questions regarding farming simulator Alagos advice is don’t come to the forum and ask, ask google instead, I’m surprised he didn’t ask for the thread to be locked too
Owner of YouTube channel FS landscaping
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVa5pA ... kqx5eVXmxw
Alagos

Post by Alagos »

Wow, again such a nice post from you. The original advice/answer to the question was reading the information Realismus Modding provided. Google was just to convert lbs to KG. Please read the whole topic before complaining.
I assume people don't use Seasons, unless they say otherwise.

How to upload your >> log<<
How to upload >>images << to the forum
How to get your gamekey's activation limit >>reset<<
How to report a >> bug <<

>>Rules<<
Jeytav

Post by Jeytav »

Jimbob0704 wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:18 pm So there you go, if you have any questions regarding farming simulator Alagos advice is don’t come to the forum and ask, ask google instead, I’m surprised he didn’t ask for the thread to be locked too
Alagos merely said that google can convert from lbs to kg by simply asking for XXX lbs in kg, so I see no need for that kind of comment
Jimbob0704

Post by Jimbob0704 »

Hmm, he didn’t just refer to to op using google instead of using this forum once though did he, he kept chipping away at it, surely people should be allowed to ask farming simulator related questions here if they choose?? This ain’t the first time this has happened with alagos
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

What do you think is more disruptive? Him referring OP to google or you constantly calling him a troll?
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
Fifty1990

Post by Fifty1990 »

Can this topic be locked now before the fight begins 👀 there is a new troll in town 🧙🏻‍♂️
Fifty1990 is the gamertag on ps4. Farm on people *thumbsup* :mrgreen:
jasonbarron

Post by jasonbarron »

Mwal wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:39 pm If playing with seasons this should help
https://www.realismusmodding.com/blog/2 ... iRCp_vWWOE
Great resource, thanks for the share. I'm currently on the first day of spring on a brand new farm, so I haven't gotten into animal husbandry yet, but I'm planting with that in mind for the second year, fingers crossed. One thing I didn't see in that manual was reference to market prices: how much can a 1200-1400 lbs beef cow be sold for on average?
Jimbob0704

Post by Jimbob0704 »

It’s almost double what you pay for it if I’m correct, I watched SealyP do a video on it a while back
jasonbarron

Post by jasonbarron »

Jimbob0704 wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:05 pm It’s almost double what you pay for it if I’m correct, I watched SealyP do a video on it a while back
Interesting. And I assume the manure/slurry is a useful/marketable byproduct, too, adding to that profit from a direct sale?
Jimbob0704

Post by Jimbob0704 »

Not really, slurry and manure price has dropped to almost nothing with seasons, it would nearly cost more diesel driving to sell it than the profit you would make
aklein

Post by aklein »

TO bring this topic back on track a bit. For the meat chickens you should sell them when they reach about 8lbs beyond that they do not really gain any more value. Plus the Cornish cross chickens have a very short life span. Life hard and grow fast. Don't keep them beyond one season. If you buy them in spring sell them before summer no mater their weight. As for cows they will live 10 game years so you will be selling them long before they die of old age as far as beef cattle. I find cattle and pigs intended for slaughter will at some point start consuming more food than they are worth and that is when I target selling them. I dont really pay much attention to weight I just one day get a feeling that the amount of food they are consuming is becoming excessive and at that point look to offload them and get a new batch. The amount they eat is on par with how much they weigh so as they continue to gain weight they will continue to consume more and more each game day.

I find I enjoy the whole experience much more when I just wing it and play it by ear than a hard and fast rule on when to holdem and when to foldem.

Manure and slurry being free fertilizer is a useful resource. Some maps will permit selling of those if you own the BGA (an added cost in its own right) or there are sell point mods to use if the map does not have a way to sell those. But they are rather valuable as free fertilizer.
Jimbob0704

Post by Jimbob0704 »

Save it and use it for greenhouses and spraying on fields, save a lot of cash compared to buying fertiliser
Jimbob0704

Post by Jimbob0704 »

You and sealyP are probably the best at explaining these things farmer Klein, some great videos..
jasonbarron

Post by jasonbarron »

aklein wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:10 pm TO bring this topic back on track a bit. For the meat chickens you should sell them when they reach about 8lbs beyond that they do not really gain any more value. Plus the Cornish cross chickens have a very short life span. Life hard and grow fast. Don't keep them beyond one season. If you buy them in spring sell them before summer no mater their weight. As for cows they will live 10 game years so you will be selling them long before they die of old age as far as beef cattle. I find cattle and pigs intended for slaughter will at some point start consuming more food than they are worth and that is when I target selling them. I dont really pay much attention to weight I just one day get a feeling that the amount of food they are consuming is becoming excessive and at that point look to offload them and get a new batch. The amount they eat is on par with how much they weigh so as they continue to gain weight they will continue to consume more and more each game day.

I find I enjoy the whole experience much more when I just wing it and play it by ear than a hard and fast rule on when to holdem and when to foldem.

Manure and slurry being free fertilizer is a useful resource. Some maps will permit selling of those if you own the BGA (an added cost in its own right) or there are sell point mods to use if the map does not have a way to sell those. But they are rather valuable as free fertilizer.
Great post as usual. Is animal husbandry worth engaging in from a profitability standpoint, as opposed to just putting all the money and time into extra fields for instance, or is just a fun labor of love to increase the feeling of verisimilitude in the game world?