More forestry questions

Perbjorkhem

More forestry questions

Post by Perbjorkhem »

Hello again fellow farmers!

I try to use the big log fork with the wheel loader. It looks like it could grip 4-6 logs at once, but I only manage to grip 1 or 2. What am I doing wrong? What's the trick?

So I loaded the log loading wagon almost full with perfectly cut 8 m's fir logs that I cut and cleaned with the most expensive harvester, the Scorpion. I get 25-30.000$. What is wrong?

I play seasons on Minibrunn.

Is the fir log price low on fs19 also or is it a season thing?

Or is it a map price?
jasonbarron

Re: More forestry questions

Post by jasonbarron »

It's just the way the physics engine in the game works, bouncy almost to the point of being glitchy. Technically you can pick up to two logs with the pincers, but it's more reliable and quicker just to stick with one at a time.

Were you asking a question about price? 25-30k is very good money, so I don't think there's a problem with that.
SJ_Sathanas

Post by SJ_Sathanas »

A Telelift with the manure fork will consistently lift 3-5 all day. The default wheel loader forks are the worst in game IMO.
Your price sounds about right. I use to use a hooklift MAN TGS with a log module, towing an ITRunner also with log module. Best I ever managed was about 70,000 - it was blatantly overloaded and I had to drive very slowly so bit wouldn't topple over.
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

Price sounds about right. I’m pretty sure timber is worth more in winter but not sure. Try some different size logs as well, as the price will change.
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
Perbjorkhem

Post by Perbjorkhem »

SJ_Sathanas wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:21 am A Telelift with the manure fork will consistently lift 3-5 all day. The default wheel loader forks are the worst in game IMO.
Your price sounds about right. I use to use a hooklift MAN TGS with a log module, towing an ITRunner also with log module. Best I ever managed was about 70,000 - it was blatantly overloaded and I had to drive very slowly so bit wouldn't topple over.
Thank you so much! Awesome!
jasonbarron

Post by jasonbarron »

I had a go at using a telehandler for loading and don't think it's as fast or convenient as using a log pincer on the back of a truck, but a big downside is the log pincer requires a lot more practice to become proficient with. The main advantage to using the telehandler is even though it isn't as quick you can also use it for a bazillion other things around the farm, and it cuts out the need for 180k+ loader that's good for only one thing.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

^^This, I got comfortable with the cranes and it became really efficient. Give it a go for a couple days and you will become very good at it. A skid steer is another good option if you’re short on money.
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
Tylercheesey1986

Post by Tylercheesey1986 »

Man truck with crane, attach the movable double bunk trailer. With some practice you can get all 3 bunks loaded in under 30minutes
Aussie who loves himself a 7790 JD cotton picker, 100ac was most i got off in one day. (22.5hrs)
Currently a 300 ac irrigated beef farmer with Hereford Angus x.
50-120 head.
Gear-MF i148, 7 disc offset plow, fert/seed broadcaster, harrow bars.
Only crop for improving grazing capacity so don't need much.
Aussie farmer who thinks FS 19 rulz :gamer:
Xbox gamer tag- TopCheesey420
jasonbarron

Post by jasonbarron »

Assuming you have a map with enough trees it's easily the most profitable enterprise I've seen in the game so far. Plus, getting good with that crane makes you feel like a Jedi Knight with a lightsaber.
Perbjorkhem

Post by Perbjorkhem »

Yes thanks.
I tried many times with the cranes and it wont work for me. To complicated controls and I end up getting frustrated. So I gave that up. For me it is much quicker just loading the timber runner with a tractor and a log fork.

Btw... I bought the Liebherr to try that, but I can't attach the fork/gripper to the machine. What is the secret?
Charcoaler81

Post by Charcoaler81 »

Perbjorkhem wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:18 am Btw... I bought the Liebherr to try that, but I can't attach the fork/gripper to the machine. What is the secret?
There is no secret, i use the Liebherr on 3 maps and it works really fine. Which of the two grippers do you use? Swinging one or fix mounted?
At the fix mounted you need to have the arm in the right position to attach.
LS19 auf XB1.
LS22 auf PC.
Minibrunn forever :mrgreen:
Freund kleiner Landtechnik, gross kann jeder :zunge:
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

Perbjorkhem wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:18 am Btw... I bought the Liebherr to try that, but I can't attach the fork/gripper to the machine. What is the secret?
Make sure you have the telehandler attachment, not the front loader or wheel loader one.

Perbjorkhem

Post by Perbjorkhem »

SJ_Sathanas wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:21 am A Telelift with the manure fork will consistently lift 3-5 all day. The default wheel loader forks are the worst in game IMO.
Hello again.
I tried the telehandler and manure fork. I got 2 logs in, but how on earth do you get 3-5 in?
Are you gripping from above or along the ground?
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

I go from above straight down. Not sure if that’s realistic but that works best for me. I only do two logs.

SJ_Sathanas

Post by SJ_Sathanas »

You can grapple from above but I like to wedge a stack of logs up against something like a silage blade, the Biobeltz stump grinder (attached to a tractor) or the lizard T-Rex. Basically anything flat and fairly wide. Having something to push against allows the teeth of the forks to slide under the stack. Also don't fully close the mouth of the manure fork, gently close it enough just to hold the logs otherwise it tends to just pay them away.
I prefer to use a Forwarder and play more rugged maps nowadays though. Feels more authentic.

I also filter out anything that can be carried by hand. Usually launch them into a chipper just to get rid.