Moving your head in cabin view.... future

JWE75

Moving your head in cabin view.... future

Post by JWE75 »

FS19 it's great and it will be for a long time..... But when we do get the next version of FS I really hope they could add peek/moving your head side to side function in the game. This would be great and very practical element for the game, especially for us who play ONLY with cabin view. Ability to peek on the side in different situations like you can do with Headtrack camera...
Doc3d

Re: Moving your head in cabin view.... future

Post by Doc3d »

If you’re on pc there are a few mods that give you that option. I think quick camera as well as VCA(umm..vehicle control add on? I might be wrong there, not on my puter atm) but I know it adds both follow the steering wheels as well as a quick snap to for instance 45 degrees as well as backwards by keybinding.
michaelr

Post by michaelr »

Yes, completely agree. I use cabin view/first person the majority of the time too and miss this feature tremendously. Simply having a peek left/right and look behind control you could assign to joystick buttons/POV hat improves the gameplay a lot.

On pc the mod QuickCamera does this for single player, but very few multiplayer games have this crucial mod installed. This is why it should really be in the base game for all to enjoy.

I hope we’ll see more feature updates to FS19 where small things like this could be added. If FS21 is more than a year away, it should not only be DLCs that improve the current game.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

Ya this would be really nice to have, I can never see the bloody scale read out when I’m in my puma.
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

Just got to love track-ir 😁

That being said, should jou replicate that, you need 6 axes free....
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

what Noraf said ^^^ track-ir is nothing short of amazing.. being able to lean this way or that while in cab adds so much more to the in cab playing
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
gordon861

Post by gordon861 »

Only problem with TrackIR is that it's so expensive and still based on very old technology, version 5 is 10 years old.

Considering we are now in the era of 3D tracking VR headsets, isn't it about time a new system was developed that took advantage of this tech to track your head movements without including the screens? But NaturalPoint seem happy to just sit back and rely on what they produced all those years ago, rather than moving forward.
--------------
Hey Giants, when are you going to pull your head out of your backsides and actually talk to us?
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

idk about any tech debates gordon861.. but I do know that the trackir lets me play fs in a way that I cannot otherwise.. I personally have no complaints about mine
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

And the principle behind vr tracking is pretty similar to track-ir.
There are several options to track-ir too, a few of them utilize a webcam not sure if they can track in 6 ways though, as track-ir with a pro clip does.
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
michaelr

Post by michaelr »

Noraf wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:03 pm Just got to love track-ir 😁

That being said, should jou replicate that, you need 6 axes free....
Yes, but it wouldn’t need to replicate track-ir 100% for me. I’m happy with just 3 camera turns (left, right and behind). In fact the look behind is the one I use most with QuickCamera and it’s not even an axis, just a preset degree turn of the camera as response to pressing a button.

Basically just:
  • Hold down button1 = Peek 45° left
  • Hold down button2 = Peek 45° right
  • Hold and let go button3 = Flip camera 180° (to see behind tractor)
I’m guessing it could be done in 1 or 2 lines of code, so it probably takes longer to explain the feature here than it would take for someone at Giants to implement it.
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

I’m on PS4, not PC. But I find it hard to play when I turn my head around. Hard to see my tv that way.

Might try installing some mirrors on the couch. Not sure if the wife approves though
Ignorance is bliss
hpmc13

Post by hpmc13 »

You can build an IR-headtracker for around $25. There are tons of tutorials/build-guides out there.
Playing on PC
neverusedaweeder

Post by neverusedaweeder »

Track-hat is a very cheap alternative to track IR, I think it cost me around $50, having head tracking took this game to another level for me.
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

iwan073 wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:33 pm I’m on PS4, not PC. But I find it hard to play when I turn my head around. Hard to see my tv that way.

Might try installing some mirrors on the couch. Not sure if the wife approves though
When I had a TrackHat you adjust the sensitivity to mimic turning your head, so you't not rotating your vision 180 degrees to see 180 degrees, you might only be rotating your head 30 or 40 degrees left or right.