Seasons - weather is killing me

Perbjorkhem

Seasons - weather is killing me

Post by Perbjorkhem »

This is far to real...
Now I have had 9 months without a drop of rain!
Every morning I hope for rain, but nada...

Playing original seasons without geo mod, so it's supposed to be Britain. I thought they only had rain there, always 😀

Maybe it has something to do with brexit? 😉

Ok. Have a nice day at your farms people.
Bryan83

Re: Seasons - weather is killing me

Post by Bryan83 »

Perbjorkhem wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:03 am This is far to real...
Now I have had 9 months without a drop of rain!
Every morning I hope for rain, but nada...

Playing original seasons without geo mod, so it's supposed to be Britain. I thought they only had rain there, always 😀

Maybe it has something to do with brexit? 😉

Ok. Have a nice day at your farms people.
Yeah, Brussels was pretty cheesed at Boris Johnson, so they had the Irish build something that steals all the Brits rain.
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)
humbe

Post by humbe »

Is rain needed for anything in game? All I know is that it prevents harvesting..
Perbjorkhem

Post by Perbjorkhem »

humbe wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:48 am Is rain needed for anything in game? All I know is that it prevents harvesting..
Yes. In the mod seasons. Not in the normal game.
In seasons, the fields dry out, grass won't grow.
Phigo

Post by Phigo »

Plus some seeds Need water to germinate. Without parts of the field can fail in Germination.

Grass doesn't grow without rain? Wow - that explains why I don't have any grass field in growing state.
PS4 und PC
SJ_Sathanas

Post by SJ_Sathanas »

Maybe a map/geo conflict? Never suffered a lack of rain myself, but the loading screen does suggest a drought is a possibility.
juf.de

Post by juf.de »

@OP: maybe increase the days per seasons, on short seasons the weather tends to be a bit unpredictable.
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
girlie100

Post by girlie100 »

I had this problem with the original seasons geo, running 6 day seasons I would get a little bit of snow and then nothing for a whole year :(

I use the Wales geo any time I'm playing a British map now
PC & Xbox One
MrSquealypig

Post by MrSquealypig »

Just curious if there are real farmers on here, how often has weather ruined your crops in real life?
frankfarmer

Post by frankfarmer »

Yes, I agree. I never had so long without rain but seasons without a GEO does not get much rain through summer and autumn, making it far to easy to get crops in and it kind of takes a way the challenge. I have made my own GEO mod now for when Sandy Bay is released - all weather is taken from Weatherspark, so is hopefully as real to life as possible. I am considering releasing it. But if you wanted to make your own or edit one, it is quite simple - I am entirely self taught!
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Krd1749 wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:28 pm Just curious if there are real farmers on here, how often has weather ruined your crops in real life?
Seems like every year brings a new challenge. Two years ago was really bad winds here that laid all the corn over. This year was super wet spring, summer, and fall that made planting late and made harvest go super long and was always muddy. I remember in 2012 was a bad drought that killed the yields.
Last edited by Illinois Farmer on Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
ThatCanadianGuy

Post by ThatCanadianGuy »

Krd1749 wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:28 pm Just curious if there are real farmers on here, how often has weather ruined your crops in real life?
We would always loose 10-80% of the crop due to weather, either drought, flooding, snow or hail. Where we farmed it would typically be 10 years when it rained regularly and things were ok followed by 10 years of drought and tough times.
Former real life farmer of lentils, mustard, and wheat on the Canadian prairies.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Last year was awful super wet. Looking back it’s easier to count good years than bad ones.
MrSquealypig

Post by MrSquealypig »

I don't know how real farmers survive!
aklein

Post by aklein »

First, what map are you on with the no rain. Just because you have not added a geo it does not mean the map itself does not have its own geo which would take precedence over the seasons built in one.

Second, a trick that worked before the latest seasons update is to go in and change the duration of the season to another number of days. So if your on 9 days set it to 12. then count to 5 slowly and change it back. This has an affect of resetting the weather system which may kick start some rain cycles.