Filling the Bucket with Water

Old McGlenno

Filling the Bucket with Water

Post by Old McGlenno »

So I am trying to fill the new modded bucket with water to give to the animals. I want to fill it from a placeable well I am using which has a water trigger. Can't get it to work. Is water not an accepted material for the bucket or am I missing something?

If I cannot fill the bucket with water, does anyone know of any other options for giving the animals water without using large machinery? I'd rather not use the water pump which does it automatically.
FarmCatJenkins

Re: Filling the Bucket with Water

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

I believe there’s a small water tank with a three point hitch that goes on your tractor fairly new on the Modhub. There’s also under animals a smaller water and milk trailer.
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
Phigo

Post by Phigo »

Do you want to fill the water trough of a cow pen with a 500 l bucket? I think the bucket will only take loose material.
PS4 und PC
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

Old McGlenno wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:42 pm So I am trying to fill the new modded bucket with water to give to the animals. I want to fill it from a placeable well I am using which has a water trigger. Can't get it to work. Is water not an accepted material for the bucket or am I missing something?

If I cannot fill the bucket with water, does anyone know of any other options for giving the animals water without using large machinery? I'd rather not use the water pump which does it automatically.
I've never heard of a bucket being able to accept water. Can you provide a mod link? Like someone else mentioned there are a couple small water tankers on the modhub.
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
MrSquealypig

Post by MrSquealypig »

I never even thought to try that. Now I am disappointed that it doesn't!
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

Old McGlenno wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:42 pm So I am trying to fill the new modded bucket with water to give to the animals. I want to fill it from a placeable well I am using which has a water trigger. Can't get it to work. Is water not an accepted material for the bucket or am I missing something?

There should be a list of icons in the shop of different fill types that this thing accepts. If the water icon is there it accepts water, if not, your out of luck.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
Old McGlenno

Post by Old McGlenno »

it is this bucket

https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2019

And yeah, I know about the trailers but I don't want to use machinery if possible. Can't check the icons at the moment, but I can give that a try tonight. I'm guessing the bucket does not accept water.
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

I guess you don't have many animals then 😁
I don't think it can accept both bulk and liquid content
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
Old McGlenno

Post by Old McGlenno »

Noraf wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:29 pm I guess you don't have many animals then 😁
I don't think it can accept both bulk and liquid content
Haha no, I'm not trying to do this with my large scale animal operation. Just the tiny pens I have near my farmhouse. Plus I LOVE doing tedious things...weird, I know.
Perbjorkhem

Post by Perbjorkhem »

Think of it in real life.
As soon as you start to drive the tractor, half of the bucket's content will have spilled to the ground.
JensChrDK

Post by JensChrDK »

Perbjorkhem wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:50 am Think of it in real life.
As soon as you start to drive the tractor, half of the bucket's content will have spilled to the ground.
It ain't a frontloader bucket, it's just a bucket - see his link :search:
Been playing WAAAAY to many hours - PC with Logitech G27 and Thrustmaster Simtask Farmstick