GE Force Now- A PC answer for Console Players FS 19?

Airborne82nd

GE Force Now- A PC answer for Console Players FS 19?

Post by Airborne82nd »

I just found out about this streaming service, that supports FS 19.

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce-now/games/

Apparently, it's not our PCs that matter (you can have a weak pc, and even play on phones apparently), or it's makeup. It's our internet that matters. If we have good internet, we seem good to go.

If we just own, or buy these PC Games, including FS 19, from Steam, or other services, we apparently can run it on GE Force. It's like a Google Stadia, for PC.

And for those of us who been longing for the PC mods on FS, maybe this is hope for us. Its 5 us dollars a month, and even offers a free service.

Anyone used or heard of this service, or if it supports FS 19 mods ?
Airborne82nd

Re: GE Force Now- A PC answer for Console Players FS 19?

Post by Airborne82nd »

And even PC players, if you're not happy with your CPU, or other issues on your current PC, maybe if you have good internet, this service may be for you in the meanwhile, if you're in the process of building a PC, or want to play at a higher resolution and settings than your current PC offers.
Airborne82nd

Post by Airborne82nd »

Airborne82nd wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:04 am I just found out about this streaming service, that supports FS 19.

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce-now/

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce-now/games/

Apparently, it's not our PCs that matter (you can have a weak pc, and even play on phones apparently), or it's makeup. It's our internet that matters. If we have good internet, we seem good to go.

If we just own, or buy these PC Games, including FS 19, from Steam, or other services, we apparently can run it on GE Force. It's like a Google Stadia, for PC.

And for those of us who been longing for the PC mods on FS, maybe this is hope for us. Its 5 us dollars a month, and even offers a free service.

Anyone used or heard of this service, or if it supports FS 19 mods ?
Airborne82nd

Post by Airborne82nd »

Anyhow, any answers appreciated.
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

Not worth 4.99 a month to me. But still looks like a decent idea.
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
Airborne82nd

Post by Airborne82nd »

FarmCatJenkins wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:16 am Not worth 4.99 a month to me. But still looks like a decent idea.
Yeah i may try the free service. I own some games on Steam they say they support. I'll try ATS that i usually play at 15ps lol. If that works FS should. The thing is i need the mods, and don't know if they support them over there.
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

Yeah bad thing is you only get an hour session for free.
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

Does this work if you own the game on disk?
iw_shawn

Post by iw_shawn »

I don’t see myself getting this now, my computer can still run the game alright.

For the next version of FS $5/month (even double or triple that) is a lot cheaper then building a new gaming PC.
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

iw_shawn wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:20 am For the next version of FS $5/month (even double or triple that) is a lot cheaper then building a new gaming PC.
Indeed, but if you can't use mods (not checked, but it seems only Steam Workshop is supported) then you're missing an awful lot of what makes FS what it is.
Boost_GLR

Post by Boost_GLR »

Messed with it last night. Currently only uses steam but that is suppose to change. I fired up ats and it picked up where I last left off. So it uses your steam account fully. Worked really well. It was still on the graphic settings I used when I played normally. But it looked way better and was running well above 30fps. The hour session is the only bad part if you play with people. I play PC games alone so I just save and then reload and keep going for another hour.

I could not try fs19 because the copy I have is from the epic store. When you load up GeForce now, it has you logging into your steam account. I like it, worked well for me.
FS22 on Xbox Series X. But play the older titles on PC.
aklein

Post by aklein »

Whats the bandwidth need on this? latency? if your using internet GPU's for processing there has to be latency. You got a 30FPS increase or your saying the best you can muster with out this was around 30FPS in ATS? What are your overall system specs and what do you run ATS at?
Boost_GLR

Post by Boost_GLR »

I don't know what the bandwidth is. I know I was on a 5g wifi through my router. I may end up going wired. But I did not experience any lag or delay in controls. I was using my Xbox one controller.

My laptop normally ran the game lower than 30 fps and the graphics were on par of an early xbox 360 game (before HDMI, lol) I have an Acer laptop with an i5 rated at 3.1, 4gb ram, and an invidia gt630 GPU.
Boost_GLR

Post by Boost_GLR »

Sorry, I'm at work and forgot to answer that I was running at medium to low because thats what I had it at before I played it through GeForce now. It was running at what looked like 60fps. I didn't have the overlay on so I don't know for sure. It looked pretty good and ran really well though.
Boost_GLR

Post by Boost_GLR »

I also am not sure about 3rd party mods. But I think because it runs off your steam files, it should pull up all mods. I know it had the mods I installed for ats loaded up.