Adub Modding Geos

Ritchie

Re: Adub Modding Geos

Post by Ritchie »

He has his on Youtube channel, might be a good place to start.
jah6575

Post by jah6575 »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:17 pm Yeah, it would, but there are tons of reason to change them. The planting and harvest schedules all off. For example, you can't plant corn, soybeans, cotton, sunflowers, potatoes, and sugar beets in the middle or late winter. Technically you can't plant wheat, oats, barely, or canola in most areas in the middle or late winter either because the ground would be too cold. We plant winter wheat in late fall to be ready by summer. He says he does. I don't know how to contact him except in the comments of DJGOHAM YouTube mod reivew.
The only reason I can think of to change a germination temperature for a crop is if you can’t get it to grow any other way. And he drastically changed them and well not bump up or down a degree or two. He changed the wheat germination temperature from 5C to over 20C! I’ve not looked at his crops Xmls, Xbox one, and honestly don’t want to give him more downloads. But with drastic changes in germination temperatures will make the calendar do exactly what his are doing.
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Yeah he usually messages back a couple times. And yea 90 F for the ground temp for wheat is really high. When I was in Hawaii, the ground temp wouldn't even be close to 90 still ha.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

@FarmCatJenkins, I know you are creating GEOs, but I would like to address everyone who has modding knowledge. What are the basics of making a GEO? I would like to try and make one, I just don’t know where to start and how to go about it
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

Jah6575 PMed me a really good guide
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Adub removed cotton on an update of his Maine GEO. Is that a good thing?
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Happy farming!
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

Dairydeere wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:40 pm Adub removed cotton on an update of his Maine GEO. Is that a good thing?
Doesn’t mean anything else is right lol. My first one is in testing today and now I feel bad because I messed a couple things up I didn’t realize, but I already have an update to it submitted. And I submitted one to go along with the Stone Valley map last night.

Illinois Farmer

Dairydeere wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:40 pm Adub removed cotton on an update of his Maine GEO. Is that a good thing?
That's a start because cotton can't be grown in the cold Maine weather.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

It's nice to be able to plant Canola...in the middle of winter...in MAINE

Illinois Farmer

Ha yeah, that part isn't good, but at least he improved in one area.
jah6575

Post by jah6575 »

Baby steps. I’ve reached out to sources I have available to see if I can help him and gotten no responses.
Illinois Farmer

At least you can say you tried.
jah6575

Post by jah6575 »

I really don’t care if they are realist or not. My complaint is that in my mind at least, a Geo is by default supposed to be realistic. If it’s not going to be then make sure that is clear to the user. Also, pick better names so that others who want to do a realistic one can still do that and take the more realistic name. Maine fantasy would be a good example.
Illinois Farmer

Yeah that is my thinking too. That's why I asked him that one time and he said he wants them as realistic as possible.
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Are there even any maps for all these states that Adub has GEOs for?

Discord Server
Facebook page

Happy farming!