Adub Modding Geos

jah6575

Adub Modding Geos

Post by jah6575 »

Not sure if you read the forums or not Adub. I hope you do. I appreciate what you are trying to do by making a bunch of US Geos from around the states.

That said, could you please stop pumping out Geos and fix the ones you have already made? I mean your growth calendars are a mess. The planting seasons jump all over the place, skip a month and then go back into season? Crops that wouldn’t survive the winter are set to be planted in the fall or winter?

Im not trying to troll you here, but here is a link to a site that has that data.

https://usda.library.cornell.edu/concer ... /vm40xr56k

It is a bit dated, but will give you a general working timeframe to work towards. Even if you keep the crops from the game in similar groups and leave them all the same I think you would get a better response from players. I watched the video where DJgoHam had you on and while I know that the data entry for weather and environment only takes about 10 minutes to do the crops file takes much longer. Especially the testing part.

I want to love your Geos, but I just can’t as they are. From someone who wants to play with some of them please fix them.
FarmCatJenkins

Re: Adub Modding Geos

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

This has been brought up several times. He doesn’t care. I even commented on one of his YouTube videos he’s doing something to a GEO, and he said he’s working on fixing them. That was like a month ago. I guy in early don’t understand how any of them have as high of a rating as they do.
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
jah6575

Post by jah6575 »

FarmCatJenkins wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:26 am This has been brought up several times. He doesn’t care. I even commented on one of his YouTube videos he’s doing something to a GEO, and he said he’s working on fixing them. That was like a month ago. I guy in early don’t understand how any of them have as high of a rating as they do.
It is because the rating system takes an average of all ratings. His have only a handful of ratings generally. Mine has 4x the number of votes and is still higher rated than his. I feel like I have more votes since mine is more downloaded, played and voted on. To even add perspective to that number, my Geo is a bit of an acquired taste as it can be winter for essentially 5-6 months of the year and has limitations on what you can plant (not all crop types are available), which turns people off and may cause poor ratings. That said, I also feel like I have done a good job of making potential users of my mod aware of exactly what it is and as such, if they choose to use it, they know what to expect.

As a last note if someone was to complain about my mod, I would try to help them understand that due to limitations of the game and Seasons itself, it will not be a perfect replica of reality. I would also explain why I made it the way I did, and offer support and fixes if things aren’t working the way they should.
vondeylenfarms

Post by vondeylenfarms »

Simple...don't download his Geo's! Yes it annoying as all get out, and I would love to have an Ohio one that works! Thankfully, Realimus just made one for Indiana which is close enough for what I want. His Geo's work and are actually realistic. As the OP mentioned...I'm all for modders and making stuff so thanks adub, but fix the ones you have. They are not even close to planting seasons correctly
Vondeylen Farms Ohio, U.S.
1000 acres, family farm, huge Case IH guy(however mostly John Deere now)

Platform-PS5
Welker Farms over 1000hrs
Onto FS22!
Large JD Farm with corn and soybeans always looking for multiplayer
https://www.youtube.com/user/vondeylen22
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

The thing is, if you look at Adub's other mods there are things like a telehandler bucket that holds 80,000 litres and unloads at 10,000 litres per second (I think it is per second), forage headers that run at 30 kph ... so I don't think this modder plays the game the way some/most/all of us here want to play, so realism from Adub's GEO mods probably isn't going to happen.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
Hallers

Post by Hallers »

Hello

As there is several unserious geos on the modhub i`m asking in this tread. Can anyone recommend a good american geo from a serious modder that can handle cotton?
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

Hallers wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:08 am Hello

As there is several unserious geos on the modhub i`m asking in this tread. Can anyone recommend a good american geo from a serious modder that can handle cotton?
From the seasons team.

https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2019
aklein

Post by aklein »

PIck any american geo with out Adub's name on it would be a good start. But also note some maps have geos built in to emulate the area so not all maps need a geo to be realistic to the location.
Alcarin75

Post by Alcarin75 »

aklein wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:32 pm

PIck any american geo with out Adub's name on it would be a good start. But also note some maps have geos built in to emulate the area so not all maps need a geo to be realistic to the location.
What you say should be reported by the creator of the map.

Tell:

- "The season-ready map doesn't need a Geo,

-With the original Geo of Seasons is enough ".
I like to learn from everyone.
PS4 Player
Griffin Indiana Best Map
Bobbydj1980

Post by Bobbydj1980 »

Midwest Geo is from realism modding and is a good one to use for cotton
Love farming simulator I play on the Xbox series x orangebeach Alabama
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

The Hazzard County Georgia GEO on nexxusmods is pretty much made for cotton.
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
jah6575

Post by jah6575 »

Not sure if Adub cares or not. He doesn’t seem to. Well we do have another way to send a message to him. We could all download all of his Geos and rate them all at 1 or whatever you feel is fair. Yes he will get the benefit of more downloads but if we can drop the rating of his mods he won’t get as much from Giants for them and maybe his pocketbook will get the hint.
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

I have rated them one. I has we talked to adub multiple times and he seems to care and wants feedback and says he will fix them with an update, but then the update has came on a few and are not fixed. Lot of talk and no action from him so far. Maybe it will change.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
bluecoller81

Post by bluecoller81 »

I'm not understanding how his Geo's are rated as high as they are now. Hopefully he leaves Iowa and Nebraska alone.
jah6575

Post by jah6575 »

It’s because he hasn’t had many ratings. If you want to know how many ratings a mod has had, simply check the parentheses behind the rating number. I suppose people downloaded and rated it before using it, then never changed it, or maybe they liked it. I don’t rate a lot of mods myself. The ones I do rate I have used enough that I felt like I could rate it. For example, the NMC snowblower. I downloaded and tried to use it and couldn’t make it work, so I rated it a 1 or 2. Later I saw a video showing how to use it and tried it again. I haven’t had any trouble since. This caused me to go back in and change my rating to a 5.