I have a sinkhole in my field

Bryan83

Re: I have a sinkhole in my field

Post by Bryan83 »

Doesn't look bad at all. Of course, I wonder if selling that pond would fix the hole?
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)
CowsGoMoo

Post by CowsGoMoo »

Bryan83 wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:19 am Doesn't look bad at all. Of course, I wonder if selling that pond would fix the hole?
Only one way to find out. Turn off auto save, you know the rest.
Is there a small log cabin and out house mod to use? Turn into a little camping spot. My in laws property has that, at the back is a small pond there is actually enough room for a good size tent to set up and already has a picnic table.
Let's get some cows!
FS17 a few hundred hours on pc, 920 ps4
FS19 2660 hrs ps4/ps5
FS 22 [ps5] 1070 hrs [pc] 60 hrs
UP_conductor

Post by UP_conductor »

Jonhinkerton wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:17 pm Good news everyone!

So, the hole is still there, and stuff still falls in it, but I finally tried the lake a couple of you suggested and it does work and looks way better than a huge pit. Thanks for the tip.

Just think you got something that Nick and leg-arms don't have, A NICE BEAUTIFUL "POND" !!!! Yeah sure they might get those every now and then, but yours you could lose a whole entire tractor, combine, or anything you want. And never see it ever again!!!!! Just imagine the possibilites.
Hoss1

Post by Hoss1 »

I just discovered the same sinkhole! I'm not sure how long it's been there, but it's in the same place as the OP (Welker, Field 3). I have two Welker save games and (so far) the hole is only on one of them. Is there any harm in leaving it? I was originally going to use that field for putting up some hay, but I've got other fields I can use so I don't mind ignoring it... out of sight, out of mind!

As far as troubleshooting goes, (pretty limited as I'm on XBox AND I'm not the sharpest tool in the barn) I've removed some unused mods but it didn't have any effect. I've also tried the landscaping tool and got an error message saying the terrain "can't be modified here". I recently added a new (to me) placeable mod and that's about the time I discovered the hole. I went to my other save game and put the same mod in (roughly the same area) and had no sinkhole appear... yet.

As I stated earlier, I don't mind leaving it, as long as it won't cause any other issues. I'd prefer to not start this particular save over again (it's full of beautiful red equipment) but will if the hole has the potential to cause more issues.

Thank you in advance for any advice, suggestions or help. I sincerely appreciate it. :hi:
Playing on Xbox since FS15
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

I believe it will cause issues with hired helpers. What happens if you sell the land and repurchase it?
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

With that Bourgault DLC, that hole shouldn’t be anything more than a casual speed bump :lol:
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

UP_conductor wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:33 pm
Jonhinkerton wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:17 pm Good news everyone!

So, the hole is still there, and stuff still falls in it, but I finally tried the lake a couple of you suggested and it does work and looks way better than a huge pit. Thanks for the tip.

Just think you got something that Nick and leg-arms don't have, A NICE BEAUTIFUL "POND" !!!! Yeah sure they might get those every now and then, but yours you could lose a whole entire tractor, combine, or anything you want. And never see it ever again!!!!! Just imagine the possibilites.
Just don’t bury anything I did that once and it was bad. The stack of trees equipment and like 30 9rxs trying to reappear at the shop ruined my save a few weeks after I did it hahaha.
Max4hdmatt77

Post by Max4hdmatt77 »

After I read this thread i ended up putting the huge dairy barn mod up over where the hole was found to appear on other peoples maps. Im curious to see if this dairy barn will "block" the hole or not. Im also still only in the first year and not sure when it usually happens so we will see. I also built the bga mod farther down on the same side of the field. Gonna keep at least half the field grass and just maybe put some more buildings or something next to the barn
Hoss1

Post by Hoss1 »

I’m thinking that as long as the hole doesn’t cause any problems with the game (other than my not-so-smart hired help :biggrin2: ) I’ll turn it into a pond or something like that.
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

The AI isn’t smart? A new development!
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Happy farming!
Hoss1

Post by Hoss1 »

Yes Dairydeere, I believe I suffer from the same ailment as my hired help: "artificial" intelligence! Just ask my wife. She is certain my intelligence isn't real and is a figment of my overactive imagination! :lol:
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Hmm, must be a side effect of fretting over the ridiculous attempts of the mighty Giants engine!

Discord Server
Facebook page

Happy farming!
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Haha must be a thing with wives. I thought I was fairly smart with straight A's through high school and should have been through college except I drank too much Haha. Now since getting married it is like I know nothing Haha.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Hoss1

Post by Hoss1 »

Here’s my sinkhole update... (that didn’t sound right :shock: )

I tried all sorts of “cover-ups” but none really fit my style. I thought I could just not use the field (or just the deformed portion), but again, my OCD said otherwise. The final solution was (after more than 120 hours on this particular save) to delete it. :frown: Fortunately, I had another Welker save that I had dedicated to the green machines that had around 60 hours on it. My apologies to the hard core Deere fans, but I sold all the green stuff and got all my Case stuff and set to work.

Thanks again for all the comments and suggestions. :hi:
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

This Deere fan just got excited because of all that shiny green that came up cheap on the market :biggrin2:

Discord Server
Facebook page

Happy farming!