I have a sinkhole in my field

Dairydeere

Re: I have a sinkhole in my field

Post by Dairydeere »

Must be a glitch in that one spot. I guess you could make a little tree grove around it, just make sure you put enough trees your worker doesn’t go flying into the Earth’s crust 😆😂
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
brewcrewer

Post by brewcrewer »

This happened to me on the same field on xbox. I had just done some minor painting to some areas before it appeared so not sure if it was related. I quit the game and restarted without saving and it was gone.
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Welcome to the forum, brewcrewer *thumbsup*
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
CowsGoMoo

Post by CowsGoMoo »

Jonhinkerton wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:57 pm I can make it bigger using smoothing, but not smaller.

There’s never been anything there but field. I think it was a spot of ground with failed cultivation or weeds that just glitched.

I am on ps4 so options are limited. I might put a fence around it and charge admission.
Did you try flattening or raising the area? Smoothing isn't really a landscaping tool as much as it is a make it look pretty tool. It will alter terrain but only a small small amount. It really is just for smoothing.
Let's get some cows!
FS17 a few hundred hours on pc, 920 ps4
FS19 2660 hrs ps4/ps5
FS 22 [ps5] 1070 hrs [pc] 60 hrs
Jonhinkerton

Post by Jonhinkerton »

Tried flattening, raising, lowering, and smoothing. All I can do is make it bigger. I just put grass around it and try to not fall in. I need to add some kind of physical barrier though, a worker drove the planter into it last night. Here’s a pic of a close call.

Deadeye

Post by Deadeye »

This situation puts a hole new meaning to "Hired Worker X is blocked by an object." Only now it's "Hired worker X has disappeared into a sinkhole". I envy all you fellas dealing with this. I'd have deleted the save regardless of time spent. I've deleted saves for far more minor infractions.
"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately."- Benjamin Franklin
"Speak softly and carry a big stick; You will go far"- Theodore Roosevelt
“There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.” – Elie Wiesel
ThatCanadianGuy

Post by ThatCanadianGuy »

Former real life farmer of lentils, mustard, and wheat on the Canadian prairies.
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

Fences? might that be a solution?
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
Jonhinkerton

Post by Jonhinkerton »

Noraf wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:50 pm Fences? might that be a solution?
I tried downloading a fence mod but I can’t do placeables anywhere near the hole. To get them to place requires me to sacrifice a lot of field. I plan to just manually drive that corner from here on out.
brewcrewer

Post by brewcrewer »

Dairydeere wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:55 am Welcome to the forum, brewcrewer *thumbsup*
Thanks
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

Well, I have turned off auto save on my welker map, and you all have me checking field 3 before I save and quit now. I'd rather lose 1 day of work then have to axe the whole save.

Is there anything like landscaping, or a certain time that of the year that makes this occur, or has it been completely random?
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

I haven't had it happened to me either. Is it only after you buy that field?
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

How about planting some threes arround it ?
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
CowsGoMoo

Post by CowsGoMoo »

Jonhinkerton wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:20 pm Tried flattening, raising, lowering, and smoothing. All I can do is make it bigger. I just put grass around it and try to not fall in. I need to add some kind of physical barrier though, a worker drove the planter into it last night. Here’s a pic of a close call.

Well good news is same group that made this map is making Millenial Farmer map 😬😆 have fun.
Let's get some cows!
FS17 a few hundred hours on pc, 920 ps4
FS19 2660 hrs ps4/ps5
FS 22 [ps5] 1070 hrs [pc] 60 hrs
Crazof

Post by Crazof »

Like noraf mentioned a bunch of trees would block the workers once they grow a little, I put a row of them on marwell to stop the workers from jumping fields