A look ahead to FS21/22 - What platform?

chedly_farms

A look ahead to FS21/22 - What platform?

Post by chedly_farms »

So, I play FS 19 on the xbox, out of sheer convenience of sitting on a recliner and am able to nap my 2 1/2 year old while I play. A co-worker also plays on the Xbox as well. And when the Epic games freebie came out, the last co-worker is playing it on PC. So we were just talking and the subject came up of the new Xbox. I'm thinking the new xbox will probably rival in not surpass a decent PC in price, that is able to run FS pretty efficiently.

With that said, or at least a good point of conversation, what will you play FS 21,22,23 (whatever it will be called) on?

If most of us console players will have to buy a new console to run the new game anyways, how many of you can see yourself making the switch over to PC? Has anyone else considered this? I mean we don't know price yet, unless I have completely buried my head in the sand, so it's speculation, but the price of technology just skyrockets year after year. But can you play an PC from your recliner or couch? Obviously a plethora of mods on PC is a huge pro.

Discuss?
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
Alagos

Re: A look ahead to FS21/22 - What platform?

Post by Alagos »

It's technically possible to use a PC while sitting on your couch. Hook up the PC to your TV, add a controller besides the standard keyboard/mouse and have fun.
Only thing I'm not 100% sure about is wireless support for xbox controllers used with a PC, as example.
I assume people don't use Seasons, unless they say otherwise.

How to upload your >> log<<
How to upload >>images << to the forum
How to get your gamekey's activation limit >>reset<<
How to report a >> bug <<

>>Rules<<
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Well I need a new computer for my wife and I, but haven't decided on the kind or how much i want to spend yet. Might not buy the new console just because I don't game that much anymore.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Old McGlenno

Post by Old McGlenno »

As a fellow console user, I can say that I will be getting the new console (PS5) when it comes out regardless. So, for me anyway, it is not an either/or situation. Buying a new PC will still be an added expense either way. I will continue playing FS on console.
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

I initially bought 19 on my console and after seeing my laptop had the required specs figured I’d give it a try. I’m up and down on the next console as I don’t play much anymore, beside Apex Legends and waiting on Cyberpunk to come out, so I am going to start building a PC this year
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

Seriously thinking of the pc option myself, I’ll play through the tv as I don’t have space for a separate set up. Cost for me isn’t a problem but don’t want to upset the wife by spending too much,£500 for a new ps or an extra £200 on top for a decent pc which could play flight sim to a reasonable standard would be ideal
Goose66

Post by Goose66 »

Alagos wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:13 pm It's technically possible to use a PC while sitting on your couch. Hook up the PC to your TV, add a controller besides the standard keyboard/mouse and have fun.
Only thing I'm not 100% sure about is wireless support for xbox controllers used with a PC, as example.
Yep,PC has full xbox controller wireless support
Playing on PC....Hollandscheveld maizeplus map
Suffolk, England
Discord ...Goose66
Alagos

Post by Alagos »

Something else I'll be adding to my forgetful database :biggrin2:
I assume people don't use Seasons, unless they say otherwise.

How to upload your >> log<<
How to upload >>images << to the forum
How to get your gamekey's activation limit >>reset<<
How to report a >> bug <<

>>Rules<<
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

Well my wife is bent on buying me the new xbox when it comes out, so that's pretty much a foregone conclusion.
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Damn your lucky. My wife wants new carpets, furniture, flooring, n countertops eventually ha
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

I just have it on a laptop 💻, won’t really be getting the new one. I just got 19 a week ago because it was free. I’m content for now. Will see what the new one looks like
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

I can't imagine ever playing on a device that wouldn't allow me to make minor changes to maps or slight tweaks to equipment. I did find that the wireless XBOX controller had a small lag, or so it seemed, so I just bought a clone-wired controller and I'm much happier.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

I’ll be sticking to the PC version. *thumbsup*
the big print giveth the small print taketh
livesea72

Post by livesea72 »

I finally got a ps 4 in 2016 as a Christmas present and was gifted a xbox one in 2017. I will hopefully get a ps 5 in 2022 if everything goes well.
FS13 xbox360/ FS15 ps4/xbox one/ FS17 xbox one/ps4pro platinum trophy /FS19 ps4pro platinum trophy/ FS 22 PC
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:34 pm Damn your lucky. My wife wants new carpets, furniture, flooring, n countertops eventually ha
The secret is, I bring flowers or little gifts for her, but anytime I need something I get it myself so she tries to figure out what to get a guy, because she doesn't want to get me flowers because, as she says, that's not really a guy gift. So it builds and builds until a new xbox comes out and, voila.
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)