How to remove existing buildings

ozarkhippy

How to remove existing buildings

Post by ozarkhippy »

Hi everyone
So I installed Rolling Hills and bought one of the farms. Can I remove the existing buildings that are all ready there, on the farm that I bought?
Iv'e looked around and do not see how to get rid of them.

Thank's
Ozark
Ritchie

Re: How to remove existing buildings

Post by Ritchie »

If they aren't in your garage as placeables which can be sold then you'll have to open the map in GE and remove them that way.
Dixie Farmer

Post by Dixie Farmer »

How do you apply the changes you make in GE to your current game save? I deleted some of the piles of junk and the fence around the wool sell point on Marwell Manor but it doesn’t change anything in game.
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

Dixie Farmer wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:58 am How do you apply the changes you make in GE to your current game save? I deleted some of the piles of junk and the fence around the wool sell point on Marwell Manor but it doesn’t change anything in game.
There is a separate i3d file for the farm yard, since it is a placeable, open that one instead and make the changes and it should show up in game.

Edit: the file is saved in the "Sellpoints" folder "Marwellfarmmain.i3d"
Last edited by Ritchie on Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ozarkhippy

Post by ozarkhippy »

Thanks Ritchie
That's what I thought I would need to do.
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

No problem, happy to help.
Dixie Farmer

Post by Dixie Farmer »

Do you have to unzip and extract or any of that hi tech futuristic hacking activity? I’m not all that with a pc.
TheSpaceDad

Post by TheSpaceDad »

Dixie Farmer wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:40 pm Do you have to unzip and extract or any of that hi tech futuristic hacking activity? I’m not all that with a pc.
Haha I've never heard unzipping a file described as 'hi tech futuristic hacking activity'! :lol:

You can open up the zip file and edit the file inside and then when you save it should update the zip file with the changes. I use 7zip for zip files but Windows can natively open zip files in Explorer.
PC Specs: i7 4790k 4.0 GHz CPU // 32GB RAM // GTX 1080Ti GPU // 500GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

Yes best to extract the files first before opening in GE, make your changes then save the i3d. Then you need to zip the files up again before placing the updated file back in your mods folder. I have a mod editing file set up on my desktop to keep the working files separate from the mod folder.
SJ_Sathanas

Post by SJ_Sathanas »

Does the objects.xml need editing too? In the past I've tried to move/remove decorative objects with GE but in game, other than prompting a map update, it didn't make any difference.
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

Some items like the lime station can only be removed/moved within the XML document I've noticed. But with Marwell certainly, items are split between the main i3d file and the i3d files for the farm yard and sell points etc.
Dixie Farmer

Post by Dixie Farmer »

Did you manage to make any changes?

I gave up trying, I managed to make everything disappear but left yellow arches all over the place, had to delete the mod and download it again.
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

Yes I've modified quite a bit on Marwell, mainly cleaning up all the junk but also placing a few sheds on the farm yards and building a walled garden next the manor house for greenhouses to be placed etc.
Loads of little tweaks to get things how I want them.

I'm not sure what you mean by the yellow arches lol.
Dixie Farmer

Post by Dixie Farmer »

I went into GE after an attempt to clear some junk and the lovely view of the map disappeared and left a white screen with loads of yellow rainbows, loads of errors flashed up on the bottom bit too.
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

Not sure what would've caused that :hmm: .

I just try and concentrate on one thing at a time when modifying a map then save and check it out in game to make sure I haven't messed anything up before moving on to the next modification. I watch a lot of YouTube tutorial videos from shywizard and the like if I need to learn how to do anything.