Equipment Icons in Upper Left

Crysis19

Equipment Icons in Upper Left

Post by Crysis19 »

So I recently got this on the PS4. We have the little white icons above the control info for our tractor and any attached equipment.

Is there some kind of mod, or anything, to get these colored differently? Or a more noticeable way to know just what you are using.

I know at times one part will be an orange color, but that's only rarely and doesn't seem consistent. So it can be a bit hard to tell what exactly you have selected at a given time. Since for the most part the options seem to only be white and a slightly darker gray, but it's a very slim difference.

It would be nice if the currently selected item were always a bright orange. Especially with certain tools. I have noticed in testing around, a front loader and pallet fork, for example. It's hard to know which is which, without a quick Detach/Attach if it's the wrong tool.
FarmCatJenkins

Re: Equipment Icons in Upper Left

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

Would be nice but unfortunately no different colors. When it’s orange it means the implement is powered on.
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
Crysis19

Post by Crysis19 »

Wish they could put a patch in or something. Would probably be a great QoL addition.
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

For now, it is a logic puzzle, especially for people running front loafers and front 3-point weights lol. I did that and it took me 15 minutes to leave the still loader in the shed
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
Crysis19

Post by Crysis19 »

Yeah, really. The fact that the icon can turn orange if the equipment is running proves they have an option for different colors there. And there is a slight change when you have something selected. So it shouldn't be that difficult to simply make it a bright purple if it is selected.

It's just something they have to do for us.
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

The problem I foresee is what color would it be? The orange is because of the “19” logo, so what would you label different vehicle types? You would have to designate each thing a color 🤕
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Happy farming!
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

Hope for a change in the next iteration. Best you can hope for
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
Crysis19

Post by Crysis19 »

Dairydeere wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:16 pm The problem I foresee is what color would it be? The orange is because of the “19” logo, so what would you label different vehicle types? You would have to designate each thing a color 🤕
Well, I can get the logo bit for the running equipment. But surely they could do better than generic white?

Even if it was a neutral black, it would still be a highly different and visible alteration from what there is now.
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

I see what you’re saying. It is definitely an improvement worth having

Discord Server
Facebook page

Happy farming!
CowsGoMoo

Post by CowsGoMoo »

FarmCatJenkins wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:32 pm Would be nice but unfortunately no different colors. When it’s orange it means the implement is powered on.
White is unselected and what I call brighter white, or gray if you will, is when something is selected. I like the new graphic look of the interface but wish it was still at the bottom with the speedometer like on 17.
Let's get some cows!
FS17 a few hundred hours on pc, 920 ps4
FS19 2660 hrs ps4/ps5
FS 22 [ps5] 1070 hrs [pc] 60 hrs
Crysis19

Post by Crysis19 »

Yeah, it's just honestly very difficult to distinguish between two very similar shades of white.
hpmc13

Post by hpmc13 »

What I wish they would do (sorry to hijack the thread) is allow you to lock/unlock an implement so that I wouldn't detach the front weight every time I'm trying to detach whatever is on the back. Or have separate keybindings for the the front and rear.
Playing on PC
JensChrDK

Post by JensChrDK »

Crysis19 wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:20 am Yeah, it's just honestly very difficult to distinguish between two very similar shades of white.
Could you, until they react un this, play a little around with the lighting and colour saturation on your screen? Maybe it could make a difference. Maybe your tv has a "GAME" setting?
Been playing WAAAAY to many hours - PC with Logitech G27 and Thrustmaster Simtask Farmstick
Crysis19

Post by Crysis19 »

Well, I don't wanna mess up other games for this one.

The best I managed last night while playing around with the Syn Trac and writing the guide I posted up, was tapping Triangle and staring at the icons. You can occasionally see a tiny motion as the color changes, to figure out which implement you are on.

But it's still really difficult.
Phigo

Post by Phigo »

Well not a small amount of Players are Managing that Icon for over a year. I never read anything near that on here. That should not mean it can be difficult to see what is selected, but it is not impossible. If you are more familiar with the game and the implements that you are using you will look at that Icon less. Some implements work even if they are not selected. Some don't. If one does not work press triangle and try again. You don't have that much implements to go through. Over a Million other Players have done it - you will do it, too.
PS4 und PC