Cruise speed frustration

FarmBoss
Posts: 343
Joined: Sat May 04, 2019 11:45 am

Re: Cruise speed frustration

Post by FarmBoss » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:04 pm

It'd be nice to imagine the difference in speed is related to the environment. For example, the dirt mounds and such that each vehicle are navigating are different, which would cause the cruise control to correct as needed. Each vehicle cruise control would react/correct to it's own terrain, and thus probably never be really in sync with the other vehicle.
But, this is just a game, so, you'll have to pretend that is the issue.

Dairydeere
Posts: 469
Joined: Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:11 pm
Location: Eastern Washington, United States

Re: Cruise speed frustration

Post by Dairydeere » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:21 pm

I almost think that is this is truly accuracy at its finest in a simulation, then we got the right amount of perfectionism because it tailors to real-life scenarios. When I run an old JD 8410 or similar hauling wagons, I can never get truly matched with the chopper because I am using a powershift transmission, even when the chopper guy is holding his joystick steady, so I think that the accuracy on Giants' part is perfectly tailored to some of the more realistic players in the game. It brings a slightly unnoticeable aspect of transmissions and terrain difficulty in that almost nobody would have noticed had they not read this thread.
Dairy Farmer. John Deere. Dairydeere!
FS 17 on PS4; FS 19 on Epic Games

Current Saves:
Medicine Creek
Geiselsberg
Multiplayer Maps are awesome too, mainly Daggerwin Fun4All

YouTube Channel- Check it out
The Carpet Farmer

If you never ask, the answer is always no.
Have fun with the farmin’!

squerble
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:54 pm

Re: Cruise speed frustration

Post by squerble » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:32 pm

Except it's not, it's literally caused by the game engine running in km/h, while the player is using mph. Nothing more, nothing less.

adammac5858
Posts: 275
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:35 pm

Re: Cruise speed frustration

Post by adammac5858 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:49 pm

When I am chasing at 6mph it does run a little faster than combine. I barely flick the stick down on Xbox and it matches perfect. It always happens when I chase, everytime. Little fast, flick the stick on the cruise and it matches perfect. It has become 2nd nature to me!
FS17 on PS4
FS 19 on the XBox 1X (No more PS here!)
Xbox: Macdizzle58
MODDERS: You are the reason I play. Without you, I would never had gotten hooked on FS17. THANK YOU

User avatar
FarmCatJenkins
Posts: 507
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:27 pm
Location: Pennsylvania, USA

Re: Cruise speed frustration

Post by FarmCatJenkins » Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:18 pm

adammac5858 wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:49 pm
When I am chasing at 6mph it does run a little faster than combine. I barely flick the stick down on Xbox and it matches perfect. It always happens when I chase, everytime. Little fast, flick the stick on the cruise and it matches perfect. It has become 2nd nature to me!
+1
Never had a problem running along side a harvester in MPH unless the harvester/header needed repaired.
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15
Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins

Currently Playing:
Lone Oak: 486 hours
Hazzard County: 47 hours

Dairydeere
Posts: 469
Joined: Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:11 pm
Location: Eastern Washington, United States

Re: Cruise speed frustration

Post by Dairydeere » Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:05 pm

FarmCatJenkins wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:18 pm
adammac5858 wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:49 pm
When I am chasing at 6mph it does run a little faster than combine. I barely flick the stick down on Xbox and it matches perfect. It always happens when I chase, everytime. Little fast, flick the stick on the cruise and it matches perfect. It has become 2nd nature to me!
+1
Never had a problem running along side a harvester in MPH unless the harvester/header needed repaired.
+2
Dairy Farmer. John Deere. Dairydeere!
FS 17 on PS4; FS 19 on Epic Games

Current Saves:
Medicine Creek
Geiselsberg
Multiplayer Maps are awesome too, mainly Daggerwin Fun4All

YouTube Channel- Check it out
The Carpet Farmer

If you never ask, the answer is always no.
Have fun with the farmin’!

Illinois Farmer
Posts: 1250
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:34 pm

Re: Cruise speed frustration

Post by Illinois Farmer » Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:06 pm

+3
1280 acre farm, 3000 hogs, 200 cattle, 16 ewes,1 ram, 30 lambs, and xbox one user

Jalars86
Posts: 71
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:24 pm
Location: Kansas

Re: Cruise speed frustration

Post by Jalars86 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:36 pm

I'm glad I read this thread. I've always wondered why there was two 6 mph settings on the cruise. Makes sense that the game is just converting from KPH.
FS19 on PC

Farmercaseih
Posts: 225
Joined: Thu May 02, 2019 11:14 pm
Location: Midwest

Re: Cruise speed frustration

Post by Farmercaseih » Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:12 am

I know this isn't on console but on pc if you have the mod that adds a real transmission (I forgot the name) the 3rd power shift gear is perfect to match the combine

User avatar
this_is_gav
Posts: 711
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:36 pm

Re: Cruise speed frustration

Post by this_is_gav » Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:02 pm

squerble wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:32 pm
Except it's not, it's literally caused by the game engine running in km/h, while the player is using mph. Nothing more, nothing less.
It's not that at all. The physical speed between km/h and MPH is exactly the same. The only issue is that the game is only showing you whole numbers rather than decimal places as I showed above.

Believe it or not, even when running a vehicle with little load at top speed, even km/h isn't running at a constant exact speed, but hovering around values up to three decimal places, but only the whole number is shown in the HUD. You can see this if you enable the dev console and look at vehicle debugging.

Post Reply