Cruise speed frustration

FarmBoss

Re: Cruise speed frustration

Post by FarmBoss »

It'd be nice to imagine the difference in speed is related to the environment. For example, the dirt mounds and such that each vehicle are navigating are different, which would cause the cruise control to correct as needed. Each vehicle cruise control would react/correct to it's own terrain, and thus probably never be really in sync with the other vehicle.
But, this is just a game, so, you'll have to pretend that is the issue.
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

I almost think that is this is truly accuracy at its finest in a simulation, then we got the right amount of perfectionism because it tailors to real-life scenarios. When I run an old JD 8410 or similar hauling wagons, I can never get truly matched with the chopper because I am using a powershift transmission, even when the chopper guy is holding his joystick steady, so I think that the accuracy on Giants' part is perfectly tailored to some of the more realistic players in the game. It brings a slightly unnoticeable aspect of transmissions and terrain difficulty in that almost nobody would have noticed had they not read this thread.
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
squerble

Post by squerble »

Except it's not, it's literally caused by the game engine running in km/h, while the player is using mph. Nothing more, nothing less.
adammac5858

Post by adammac5858 »

When I am chasing at 6mph it does run a little faster than combine. I barely flick the stick down on Xbox and it matches perfect. It always happens when I chase, everytime. Little fast, flick the stick on the cruise and it matches perfect. It has become 2nd nature to me!
FS17 on PS4
FS19 on Xbox Series X.
Xbox: Macdizzle58
Also logging some hours in Flight Simulator
Modders: THANK. YOU.
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

adammac5858 wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:49 pm When I am chasing at 6mph it does run a little faster than combine. I barely flick the stick down on Xbox and it matches perfect. It always happens when I chase, everytime. Little fast, flick the stick on the cruise and it matches perfect. It has become 2nd nature to me!
+1
Never had a problem running along side a harvester in MPH unless the harvester/header needed repaired.
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

FarmCatJenkins wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:18 pm
adammac5858 wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:49 pm When I am chasing at 6mph it does run a little faster than combine. I barely flick the stick down on Xbox and it matches perfect. It always happens when I chase, everytime. Little fast, flick the stick on the cruise and it matches perfect. It has become 2nd nature to me!
+1
Never had a problem running along side a harvester in MPH unless the harvester/header needed repaired.
+2
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

+3
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Jalars86

Post by Jalars86 »

I'm glad I read this thread. I've always wondered why there was two 6 mph settings on the cruise. Makes sense that the game is just converting from KPH.
FS22 on PC and Xbox One
Farmercaseih

Post by Farmercaseih »

I know this isn't on console but on pc if you have the mod that adds a real transmission (I forgot the name) the 3rd power shift gear is perfect to match the combine
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

squerble wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:32 pm Except it's not, it's literally caused by the game engine running in km/h, while the player is using mph. Nothing more, nothing less.
It's not that at all. The physical speed between km/h and MPH is exactly the same. The only issue is that the game is only showing you whole numbers rather than decimal places as I showed above.

Believe it or not, even when running a vehicle with little load at top speed, even km/h isn't running at a constant exact speed, but hovering around values up to three decimal places, but only the whole number is shown in the HUD. You can see this if you enable the dev console and look at vehicle debugging.