Things you see on real farms that aren't in the game yet

Dairydeere

Re: Things you see on real farms that aren't in the game yet

Post by Dairydeere »

For PC on most of those, but even still, better to have some of those in base game. I think the big reason more features aren't base game are A)Giants doesn't have enough time in a 2 year span to add infinite features into the game, and the mods allow for not too much of a basic download to get the game, but then they include mods so they are optional to add and not taking up unwanted file space. I understand this may be counterproductive to console because of limited space and slot count, however
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
TheCanadianJD

Post by TheCanadianJD »

Noraf wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 5:07 pm Let's see... there's a mod for that, and that, and that, there was a mod for that in '15 (different seed/fert), there's a mod for that sprayer op, and finaly, seasons fixes that 😂
The majority of what was mentioned there don't have mods and the ones that there are mods could be much more refined. And just because a mod does something doesn't mean I wouldn't want it in the base game which could then allow it to be built upon further by other modders. This thread was about what could be in the game that real farms do and that's what my post was about.

Also, just because there was one mod in one game that did a certain thing does not negate the fact that we currently don't have it in the base game or mod form.
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

There are definitely a lot that could be added to the base game, but what we need to keep in mind are the broad audience the game have, and if they 'sim' it to mutch we'll probably end up with it being cancelled when the sales plummets because of it turning geek-niche.

That means we have to rely on mods to add advanced features for us.

And, my post was ment humorous; )
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
MacCLovin

Post by MacCLovin »

Just watched MN Farmers latest video and they passed a sod farm.

We have grass for silage & hay...

Why not a turf grass farm?
Daredevil_USA

Post by Daredevil_USA »

why on earth would we need a sod farm on FS?
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

I just laugh because to our cohorts across the pond, telling someone to sod off means something completely different.
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

Yeah across here it's most commonly used as an insult, often lightheartedly. However it's also a term for soil in general (usually a clump of soil). What you would often call "sod" we usually refer to as "turf".
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

To me turf is artificial and sod is real.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

this_is_gav wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:39 pm Yeah across here it's most commonly used as an insult, often lightheartedly. However it's also a term for soil in general (usually a clump of soil). What you would often call "sod" we usually refer to as "turf".
...The foreman wasn't very pleased / He is an awkward sod / He said I'd have to cart them down the ladders in me hod...

Song lyric, for those wondering what I'm on about.
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)
Mrjamessmith1985

Post by Mrjamessmith1985 »

Where I'm from in the USA there are a lot of dairy farms and like some earlier post's I have never went to a farm that didn't have Barn cats. And another thing that keeps coming up is the need for older equipment and stuff with rust and equipment that brakes down. How about different pastures for your animals and actually being able to milk the cows or shear the sheep. Another thing we don't have babies in the game. More interaction with the animals is needed. What about your cows getting out and having to repair fences
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Mrjamessmith1985 wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 5:04 am Another thing we don't have babies in the game.
I know it isn't American, but Sandy Bay 19 will have a calf operation as a new husbandry on it, and you feed them milk. Similar, part of the reason I will be playing this map, and another being the addition of more fruits
Mrjamessmith1985 wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 5:04 am More interaction with the animals is needed.
This is a big thing I think should be in. Like you said, it has been mentioned before in this thread, but it doesn't hurt to hear more opinions.
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Happy farming!
Mrjamessmith1985

I forget about mud and getting equipment stuck. What about ice and frozen water troughs and frozen pipes. I love winter here in upstate New York.
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Lol and then there's the modders who replicate that mud, and you can't drive through the track because the mud is too realistic :lol:

Discord Server
Facebook page

Happy farming!
Mrjamessmith1985

Dairydeere wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 5:22 am Lol and then there's the modders who replicate that mud, and you can't drive through the track because the mud is too realistic :lol:
It's all part of the fun. You find ways around it. If it's to wet wait for it to dry or find a different path or fill it in with stone or if your stuck have someone pull you out. Where there's a will there's a way
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Yeah, I do like it when they do that

Discord Server
Facebook page

Happy farming!