:lol:
Dairy Farmer. John Deere. Dairydeere!
FS 17 on PS4; FS 19 on Epic Games

Current Saves:
Hazzard County
Geiselsberg
Sandy Bay Coming Soon
YT Channel- The Carpet Farmer

If you never ask, the answer is always no.
Have fun with the farmin’!

FarmCatJenkins

Re: Things you see on real farms that aren't in the game yet

Post by FarmCatJenkins » Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:32 pm

You want some straw cows? Straw bombs!
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15
Facebook Page
Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins

Currently Playing:
Hazzard County: 110 hours
Year 1, 9 day seasons
-310 Arable Acres
-112 Holsteins (Dairy)
-10 Yorkshire (Breeders)
-1,022 Cornish Cross (Rotating)
-John Deere, Case, and Ford

Daredevil_USA

Post by Daredevil_USA » Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:16 pm

It would have to be a bale of weed lol
Krd1749 wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:19 pm
Daredevil_USA wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:00 pm
delivery via helicopter

Image lol
Trying to think how it would be cost-effective to carry bales by helicopter

SimulatedFarmer

Post by SimulatedFarmer » Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:44 pm

Maybe they’re having a return to war horses and need the straw. Or, maybe the military base has a riding stable. MacDill AFB in the USA used to. Or, Halloween hayrides. Military pickup or delivery. Hmmmmm. LOL COOL PHOTO, though.
Daredevil_USA wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:16 pm
It would have to be a bale of weed lol
Krd1749 wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:19 pm
Daredevil_USA wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:00 pm
delivery via helicopter

Image lol
Trying to think how it would be cost-effective to carry bales by helicopter

Noraf

Post by Noraf » Wed Mar 04, 2020 12:12 am

Ballast? Or, in this case balelast :P
:hi:
Stop in and check out the FS community traiding forum
For all your dynamic sales and roleplaying needs @ FS Comunity Trader
:gamer:

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...

adammac5858

Post by adammac5858 » Wed Mar 04, 2020 12:35 am

Makes me think of how they dropped food to animals during Australian wildfires. Hope none of them animals looked up. I donno what terminal velocity of a carrot is, but it won't feel good.
FS17 on PS4
FS 19 on the XBox 1X (No more PS here!)
Xbox: Macdizzle58
MODDERS: You are the reason I play. Without you, I would never had gotten hooked on FS17. THANK YOU

Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 » Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:22 am

adammac5858 wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 12:35 am
Makes me think of how they dropped food to animals during Australian wildfires. Hope none of them animals looked up. I donno what terminal velocity of a carrot is, but it won't feel good.
A little research and math puts it around 65.87 meters per second. That'll leave a mark.
Join us on the FS Community Trader. Mention this ad for a special discount on select purchases from me.

adammac5858

Post by adammac5858 » Wed Mar 04, 2020 4:00 am

Bryan83 wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:22 am
adammac5858 wrote:
A little research and math puts it around 65.87 meters per second. That'll leave a mark.
That's 147 mph......or 237 kmh. Whoa!

Wonder how many animals died from blunt force trauma from veggies.
FS17 on PS4
FS 19 on the XBox 1X (No more PS here!)
Xbox: Macdizzle58
MODDERS: You are the reason I play. Without you, I would never had gotten hooked on FS17. THANK YOU

fishzlot

Post by fishzlot » Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:25 am

Krd1749 wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:34 pm
I'm sure farms all over the world are as different as their cultures, so I was wondering what things you guys see at your local farms that aren't in the game yet.

Cannabis. Lots of Cannabis. Just ask Jorge. He's wandering around here somewhere in a daze.

Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 » Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:07 am

adammac5858 wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 4:00 am
Bryan83 wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:22 am
adammac5858 wrote:
That's 147 mph......or 237 kmh. Whoa!

Wonder how many animals died from blunt force trauma from veggies.
Mom: Veggies won't kill you, you know.
Son: Oh mother, please permit me to disagree.
Join us on the FS Community Trader. Mention this ad for a special discount on select purchases from me.

Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere » Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:42 am

When your livestock is dying of hunger, then they look to the skies: It’s a bird, it’s a plane, it’s a... high velocity killer carrot!!! Run!

And now they are dying from having food

Current Saves:
Hazzard County
Geiselsberg
Sandy Bay Coming Soon

TheCanadianJD

Post by TheCanadianJD » Wed Mar 04, 2020 12:00 pm

Grain bins and augers to store and move grain. Both traditional and conveyor augers, traditional being cheaper but slower while conveyors are more expensive and have a higher maintenance cost but are faster at loading/unloading. Being able to use said augers to fill seeders and planters that don't have their own augers as well as being able to open the hatches on ones that do have augers without being forced to use that auger (Seed Hawk and I assume the Bourgault drills). Having grain qualities that vary and determine how valuable it is; crops like soybeans have a chance at being damaged and lowering the quality if used with a regular auger rather than a conveyor auger. Different quality/types of seeds based on whether the crop is being raised to be sold or fed to cattle. Having seeds and multiple fertilizer types specific to grain types and therefore having to empty and fill seeders when switching between types (could be an easily toggled option for those who don't wish to be that realistic) and utilizing more tanks on seeders based on what crop you are seeding (canola requires less seed storage space than wheat on the drill so there's a different ratio of seed to fertilizer based on what you are seeding and changes whether the seed or fertilizer is the limiting factor on what empties and needs to be filled first). Each bin has a limited capacity and only holds one crop. No more being able to hold X amount of each type of grain in a single structure. Also being able to build custom grain legs with those bins with grain dryers and overhead bins. Being able to modify bins in increments, ie. being able to simply add a few rings rather than build a whole new bin kind of like modifying equipment except with structures. That could also be expanded for use on other custom structures, a modular system to build custom buildings. Then you could dictate exactly how long or wide a building would be, it's shape, where the doors would be, option to add a shop to modify your vehicles. Back to grain bins, the option to build flat bottom or hopper bottom bins, putting those bins on cement pads or with the case of hopper bottoms being able to just put cement blocks where the legs would be rather than forking out the extra cash for a whole pad (IRL this is to help offset the extra cost of a hopper bottom, could be similar financial incentive in the game). An option/location for bulk purchase of seed, fertilizer, and chemicals as well as structures (bins and tanks) for bulk storage on the farm. Also would like to see a grain bagger and de-bagger for shorter term storage when bin space runs out. More variable/less predictable yields and capacities of vehicles and bins (there was a mod that did something like that in FS 15 that made it a bit more realistic in that every load was slightly different from the last. I would also like to see transport trailers for headers and equipment like custom harvesters would use now that you can use your own equipment for contract work; you can simulate a custom farming business (there were the Trail Tech trailer mods for FS 2013, 15, and 17 that were quite nice but I haven't seen them for 19). Having to haul and mix chemical with water for spraying rather than simply filing the sprayer up with straight chemical. This could also lead to the introduction of flatbeds that you can deck out with different types of water tanks and chemical mixers to use with your sprayers. Some semi flatbeds/drop decks could even have the option to have water tanks and a special frame to haul large self propelled sprayers together. Would be useful for large farms or custom spraying outfits. In regards to animals being able to choose to raise them for their products (milk, wool, eggs) or for their meats. With horses being able to selectively breed them to get better quality and more valuable horses. Also having animals take a while to mature rather than being born fully matured and added right to the herd.

Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere » Wed Mar 04, 2020 4:17 pm

😳

Ok, give me a minute to read this essay, everyone...

That is a jam packed wonder of features that definitely would be a true gift to have in the game

Current Saves:
Hazzard County
Geiselsberg
Sandy Bay Coming Soon