Seasons Update on Modhub

Old McGlenno

Re: Seasons Update on Modhub

Post by Old McGlenno »

Mwal wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:08 pm
RODHA wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:33 am I also got the update on my PS4. It seems to have improved the performance a bit but it might also be the reason why I didn't get any grass growth even though I'm on late spring now. I hope they didn't brake anything.
I think that happens when you cut grass in late fall. Mine didn’t grow back until mid summer when I fast forwarded to see so I replanted it all. Still trying to figure it out for sure as I’m still on the year following the fall harvest. If it is why I’m not sure if it’s a big or if it’s intentional to mimic damaging your crop from cutting to late before it goes dormant for winter.
Hm if this is true it would be good to know exactly what the cutoff is in fall. Will spring growth be affected if i cut in early or mid fall?
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

Old McGlenno wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:54 pm
Mwal wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:08 pm
RODHA wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:33 am I also got the update on my PS4. It seems to have improved the performance a bit but it might also be the reason why I didn't get any grass growth even though I'm on late spring now. I hope they didn't brake anything.
I think that happens when you cut grass in late fall. Mine didn’t grow back until mid summer when I fast forwarded to see so I replanted it all. Still trying to figure it out for sure as I’m still on the year following the fall harvest. If it is why I’m not sure if it’s a big or if it’s intentional to mimic damaging your crop from cutting to late before it goes dormant for winter.
Hm if this is true it would be good to know exactly what the cutoff is in fall. Will spring growth be affected if i cut in early or mid fall?
Depends on what GEO you're using and how the growth is set up.
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Midwest geo is the one I’m using if anyone is wondering, and the cutoff would be mowing after the first day of late fall whatever that is for you mine would be no more cutting after the ninth or that’s how I’m testing it.
Corstaad

Post by Corstaad »

I also have this problem with Midwest Geo. For me it was map grass that won't grow. I'm plowing it under soon so only missed a cutting. I did cut it last day of fall because that's when I purchased it.
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

Just looked at the XML for Midwest. It has the last day of grass growth at Early Autumn. So cutting after that there is no growth until Mid Spring.

Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

I'm excited for your geo farmcatjenkins
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:34 pm I'm excited for your geo farmcatjenkins
Thanks! Grass cutting for everyone then! And thanks a million for all the Illinois info. It helped out so much.

Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Anytime. You did all the work ha.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
ace54858

Post by ace54858 »

jah6575 wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:51 pm What version number is the update? I haven’t played in a few days and have not seen anything on it. Checked their website and the latest release version is the update to put on console. I know an update was in the works, but hadn’t heard it was ready.
version 1.1.0 is the update it just might of taken them awhile to update for console i know for another game update's after to go to micorsoft and sony then back to them before they can release it to update the game i would guess mod updates might be same way.
jah6575

Post by jah6575 »

I’m not sure what happened. There is no new documentation anywhere that I can find and just a fluke? I’ve not noticed any difference so far.