what does multi terrain angle do?

HoridMatec

what does multi terrain angle do?

Post by HoridMatec »

what does multi terrain angle do?and does the original maps have this?
Noraf

Re: what does multi terrain angle do?

Post by Noraf »

No, they don't have it.
It let you work your fields in more than 45 degrees.
Take a plow, and drive in a circle on your field, and you'll see what it looks like
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
MrSquealypig

Post by MrSquealypig »

I never knew what that meant
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

It allows more than 45 degree increments in fields. By default maps only show ground textures (plough, cultivated, drilled etc) as angles of 0 (360) 45, 90, 135, 180, 225, 270 and 315 degrees.

Multi-Terrain Angle (always thought it should be Multi-Angle Terrain) allows you to increase that to 16, 32 or 64 different angles for ground textures. It also allows hired helpers to work in each of those additional angles.

The only issue is that it apparently has an impact on performance (I haven't tested how much, but there doesn't appear to be a drastic decrease on PC) and maps require an external script, so it's currently not possible on consoles.

The limited angles are pretty dire and I feel sorry for console users have to put up with ugly 45 degree increments and limited angles for hired helpers. It's an absolute necessity on any map I play.

Hopefully this is something GIANTS can address with the new consoles and have more angles as standard for all maps on FS2x.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

I cant play any map now without it as it just looks so wrong, i'm glad BB has given us 64 on The Western Shore.
humbe

Post by humbe »

So a worker can't move in angles not dividable by 45? I guess that explains why I haven't managed to get helper to follow a straight edge of a field. I thought I just wasn't driving straight enough when activating it :) If this is a mod that works on any map I'll definitively give it a go :).. The plowed angles sure looks strange when not driving in the same angle :)
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Well a straight line is 180 degrees which is divisible by 45 degrees, but it goes on how the field is created. If anyone is curious it follows the mathematical postulate of the unit circle and beyond.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

humbe wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:29 pm So a worker can't move in angles not dividable by 45?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the worker can still only work in 45 degree angles. It just makes that terrain look better when not working 45s.
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
aklein

Post by aklein »

With the way the game does it standard you just point a hired helper in the general direction you want the to go and hire them off they will go either true N, S, E, W or NE, NW, SE or SW in direction. With multi terrain angle if your off by a few degrees then the hired helper will also be off by a few degrees. This catches players out and they will claim that MTA does not work with hired helpers because there not working like they are used to.

Its so satisfying to seed a field that has curves to it and seeing the seed path behind you curve with the field vs suddenly shift in angle once the implement moves to far out of one of the limited directions in base game.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

aklein wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:25 pm

Its so satisfying to seed a field that has curves to it and seeing the seed path behind you curve with the field vs suddenly shift in angle once the implement moves to far out of one of the limited directions in base game.
Spot on especially if you are tramlining with proseed in 17 *thumbsup*
Atomixx

Post by Atomixx »

How possible is it to become multi terrain angle on PS4/XBox?
Viele Grüße,

TOM

------------------
LS22 (PC) (i9-13900KF, RTX 4090 Gigabyte OC, 64 GB DDR5, 3 TB m2.SSD, Samsung G9 Odyssey 49")
LS19 (PS5)
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

I would guess unlikely. Maybe in the next installment with the next gen consoles.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

humbe wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:29 pm So a worker can't move in angles not dividable by 45? I guess that explains why I haven't managed to get helper to follow a straight edge of a field. I thought I just wasn't driving straight enough when activating it :) If this is a mod that works on any map I'll definitively give it a go :).. The plowed angles sure looks strange when not driving in the same angle :)
It's not a mod. You have to use a map which is prepared for Multi-terrain Angle (eg Oakwell, Marwell Manor or Greenwich - there are others, but I've not tried them myself). You can add it yourself by following these instructions, but it's not a particularly quick task.

PS according to that video you need to use a FS17 map and editor to convert the cultivator_density.gdm file. You can skip that by copying the cultivator_density.gdm file from a map of the same size which has already been prepared with the same number of angles (so for the recommended 32 angles on a standard size map (not 4x) any of those I listed above are fine to use).

FarmCatJenkins wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:39 pm Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the worker can still only work in 45 degree angles. It just makes that terrain look better when not working 45s.
Helpers can definitely work at the extended angles with MTA, so every 11.25 degrees on a map with 32 angles (which is most of those with MTA).
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Yeah, the helpers follow MTA because it is hard to get a precise line on maps that have it. Almost have to make a GPS line and follow that, then hire worker
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
anakai

Post by anakai »

Sorry for hijacking, but how do I add multi terrain to let's say "Old stream farm". Is there some written tutorial, don't like Youtube videos?