9RX on consoles

this_is_gav

Re: 9RX on consoles

Post by this_is_gav »

Krd1749 wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:56 pm So I guess this means Bourgalt + Straw Harvest + Kverneland are the 3 Dlcs then.
Straw Harvest won't be a GIANTS DLC, won't count towards Seasons Pass and probably isn't even a DLC at all (in that it's not expected to be a commercial DLC, more a mod).

So there's probably still at least two more DLCs to be announced.
Ravenblade86

Post by Ravenblade86 »

Krd1749 wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:56 pm Making good overtime money right now, so I will probably buy it even though I haven't been doing any large scale farming since FS17.

So I guess this means Bourgalt + Straw Harvest + Kverneland are the 3 Dlcs then.
Straw Harvest is being released as a mod for FS19 as far as I'm aware, it's just undergoing the same sort of testing as Seasons got because of the new features it adds. In FS17 is a third party dlc which Giants allowed as the team won the mod contest if I understand things correctly?

Edit: Gav was slightly faster at typing than me apparently :lol:
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

7.99 euro/dollar is a nice deal for all this as well. Heck, I'd pay 5 bucks for the 9RX alone.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Sweet. I wonder if this JDwill have USA config
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
Thedebe48

Post by Thedebe48 »

redglasses wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:19 pm Well I guess this eliminates any chance of getting an American 9rx? That's a shame because I was really looking forward to getting an American version.
I'm right there with you! I know we ask a lot of Giants fairly often, but I feel like this really isn't a large request. With all of the models that they've already made, they should be able to put the caution triangles on this thing in one version instead of the EU red stripes. And while they're at it, maybe a version with row crop tracks??

Overall though, very grateful we're even getting the 9RX at all! This has been the one tractor I've wanted on my farm since FS19 was released.
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

Ravenblade86 wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:06 pm Straw Harvest is being released as a mod for FS19 as far as I'm aware, it's just undergoing the same sort of testing as Seasons got because of the new features it adds. In FS17 is a third party dlc which Giants allowed as the team won the mod contest if I understand things correctly?
The last part isn't true. They never took part in the FS17 Mod Contest nor were they in the proposals or voting for third party DLCs and it wasn't released through GIANTS either (it was published through AeroSoft).

The only ones chosen were MattXJS who created the Modern Classics DLC released by GIANTS, and Team FSI who still haven't created their proposed DLC.
juf.de

Post by juf.de »

The straw addon is created by creative mesh, which is the business name of bm-modding, who won two contests if i remember correctly with their MB Unimog and the Krone Ultima. Besides those they seem to have a close tie to Giants so maybe that's the reason, that they are allowed to publish an addon for FS19.
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
vondeylenfarms

Post by vondeylenfarms »

Thedebe48 wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:14 pm
redglasses wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:19 pm Well I guess this eliminates any chance of getting an American 9rx? That's a shame because I was really looking forward to getting an American version.
I'm right there with you! I know we ask a lot of Giants fairly often, but I feel like this really isn't a large request. With all of the models that they've already made, they should be able to put the caution triangles on this thing in one version instead of the EU red stripes. And while they're at it, maybe a version with row crop tracks??

Overall though, very grateful we're even getting the 9RX at all! This has been the one tractor I've wanted on my farm since FS19 was released.
We do ask alot of them...but that's why we pay for the game and season pass. I don't feel bad asking for this since modders are doing it with ease lately. Simple toggle in the options screen from EU to US...
Vondeylen Farms Ohio, U.S.
1000 acres, family farm, huge Case IH guy(however mostly John Deere now)

Platform-PS5
Welker Farms over 1000hrs
Onto FS22!
Large JD Farm with corn and soybeans always looking for multiplayer
https://www.youtube.com/user/vondeylen22
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

No!
This opens the door to an American version!

Now modders can take Giants’ 9RX, give it 12 color options and opening back window and door. AND add the American stats.
Ignorance is bliss
juf.de

Post by juf.de »

You can't take Giants 9RX, it will be encrypted like every other DLC aswell. Only basegame vehicles are open for modification.
Last edited by juf.de on Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

Oh damn

Guess the Americans will have to deal with the red/white plates
Ignorance is bliss
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

vondeylenfarms wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:40 pm We do ask alot of them...but that's why we pay for the game and season pass. I don't feel bad asking for this since modders are doing it with ease lately. Simple toggle in the options screen from EU to US...
It's not an EU vs US thing. Different countries (including different EU countries) have different specifications and regulations, different warnings, warnings in different places, shapes, wheels and so on. If GIANTS make German and US versions then they'll be ignoring a host of other regional specifications.

Might be best to simply have warning signs as an option (as they're the most obvious difference) but leave other local differences. I suspect that would go a long way to please all.
garyst

Post by garyst »

If there is no option to remove the Euro placards I will just stick to the New Holland t9 smarttrax mod we have for console. Will probably still buy the dlc just for the cultivator. Don't have any interest in anything else in the dlc unless the harrow adds a layer of fertilizer then I could use it before planting.
Deereslayer

Post by Deereslayer »

Wonder what the slot count will be on console, I'm going to guess 60 minimum. It will be replacing the 9570RT though.
RunsLikeADeere

Post by RunsLikeADeere »

i really hope Giants will hear our prayers and adds the US option for the 9RX. Also engine options. Don’t think we can expected track size options or options for 3 point hitch yes/no.

Anyway. I will buy the DLC. My Cultivator and double crop seeder will be replaced for sure!
FS17
FS19
FS22
all on PS4

Nothing runs like a Deere!