9RX on consoles

Ravenblade86

Re: 9RX on consoles

Post by Ravenblade86 »

Thedebe48 wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:12 pm I'm going to assume they have the rights to the American versions. The in-game versions of the S790 combine and the 645FD draper header are North American units. red/orange triangles.
Ah, that probably answers that question then. I was trying to think if any of the JD equipment was the NA version off the top of my head but couldn't think of any, but I honestly never really pay that much attention to specific versions like that. I'm just happy if we have a good selection of equipment to pick from.
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

It is a Brent auger one just couldn't make out the exact number, but we do have a Brent auger in game.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Brent auger, or auger wagon?
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
Illinois Farmer

Grain cart ha.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Brent Avalanche 1596. Have it memorized because I use it so much lol
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
SimpleFarmer

Post by SimpleFarmer »

Thanks - looks like 2096 to me
Illinois Farmer

Yeah, just a bigger one.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

this_is_gav wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:37 pm
Mwal wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:15 pm What makes you think the American mod scene is tiny? Because their stuff doesn’t make the mod hub or even get sent there? There are tons of Facebook pages public and private groups you can join who pump out tons of great mods. Just cause you don’t see it, or more likely don’t look, doesn’t mean it’s not happening. Also I will challenge you on you accusing them of a poor strategy of long term growth and I will put it on really easy terms. The Chicago metro area alone is 1/4 the size of Poland, a fifth of the size of Ukraine, half the size of Romania, and bigger than Bulgaria and Slovakia, and the same size as Hungary and Belarus. I think it’s pretty easy to see where a huge potential market is and why they are making the decision to set up a new office in Chicago.
Because you can probably count the decent from-scratch American modders on one hand. There's no way to prove it, but if the ratio of modders to players in America is similar to that in Europe I would eat my hat (figuratively speaking, just in case GIANTS come in here to prove me wrong! :mrgreen:).

I won't count private mods as every country has those and you can't count relatively simple mod-edits or conversions. Most of the decent American mods are on YesMods, a site I regularly visit, which primarily focuses on American mods, though not exclusively.

I'm not arguing that the American market doesn't have strong growth potential, that would be folly, just that every game after FS2011 has focused on that market to a degree and that there's strong growth potential (possibly more so than America) in other areas too.

If you're going to compare figures then India and China alone account for 37% of the world's population, let alone the rest of Asia. Africa has about four times the population. Europe has twice as many residents than America, many areas of which haven't been explored. There's plenty of areas with potential elsewhere which hasn't had any attention yet.

But for the record, I didn't say it was a poor strategy to set up base in America, I said it was a poor long-term strategy to limit themselves to American and German content at the cost of everyone else.
Yes mods gets maybe half of the good mods that are out there if that’s what you are basing your assumptions on you are wrong( I’m not bashing yes mods I like them and use them on occasion but with the amount of mods and the site they put together and the testing they do it would be a full time job for multiple people to keep up with everything). They get the big stuff sometime after it becomes popular in the community from modders who are already popular in the community. When you say American style you also need to understand your talking North and South America (per giants stating they would be reaching building a new office to work with these groups) and they account for a billion people which is about 300 million more than Europe. You saying this game has anything American other than a couple small dlc and cotton equipment and a map that doesn’t really look like anywhere, is just like me saying there is a bunch of Asian equipment in it because of a mahindra telahandler and an Chinese restaurant in the map. Point being your level of ignorance on what is and isn’t North American farming is equal to or greater than how you try to portray anyone who brings up topics like this level is about the places you are passionate about seeing added. So why not start a thread about Bulgarian or Nigerian farming needs instead of stuff on someone else’s all the time?
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

Wow, I hit quite a nerve there!

In FS history we've had eleven GIANTS made maps and by my reckoning nine of them were set in Germany/Switzerland/Austria or America, and one of those which wasn't was set in South America.

All I'm saying is that there are plenty of other areas of the world to try to appeal to, especially if they've got two (or three in FS19's case) maps coming out for each game from now on.

As for "crapping on the thread" I was responding directly to another post. It wasn't inflammatory or incendiary - quite the opposite as I suggested what I feel would be reasonable compromise. It's not my fault that others took issue with it.
jasonbarron

Post by jasonbarron »

Don't you think Giant's would be working on Indian/Asian content if they thought that's where their best growth markets lay? As an aside, I wonder how many people seriously and with a straight face lobby SCS to focus more on India/Asia Truck Simulator as opposed to Europe or America?
Guil

Post by Guil »

Ravenblade86 wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:04 pm
this_is_gav wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:23 pm
Ravenblade86 wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:06 pm Straw Harvest is being released as a mod for FS19 as far as I'm aware, it's just undergoing the same sort of testing as Seasons got because of the new features it adds. In FS17 is a third party dlc which Giants allowed as the team won the mod contest if I understand things correctly?
The last part isn't true. They never took part in the FS17 Mod Contest nor were they in the proposals or voting for third party DLCs and it wasn't released through GIANTS either (it was published through AeroSoft).

The only ones chosen were MattXJS who created the Modern Classics DLC released by GIANTS, and Team FSI who still haven't created their proposed DLC.
I stand corrected then if that is the case, but either way they have some sort of connection with Giants that allowed them to release a 3rd party dlc in FS17, but it's coming out as a free mod this time.

I think you could be mistaken, as far as I know it is going to be a third party DLC again which means it won't be free.