Couple of rules I apply.
- Only buying equipment from the store, I can look it up on the website or app, but buying from the store.
- If I buy equipment from the website/app, I can pick it up the next day after 12:00 as it had to be ordered. (I sometimes forget my own buying rule, so this works as a penalty)
- No trucks on the field, only tractors and harvesters
- Can take a loan, but with a max of €100.000,-. On smaller farms the cap is at €50.000,- as the equipment is cheaper
- Playing with seasons I can buy 4 hay bales to start with for the cows. The rest of all the food must be harvested/mowed etc.
- All animals (except chickens) must be bought at the animal dealership.
- Slurry is mainly used for the grass fields. If there is enough, I will do (part of) other fields as well.
- Playing on small farms I have to do all by myself, no hired workers as there is no money for hired helpers. Harvesting I do have a helper for a small fee, because my (in-game) son likes to ride the harvester.
- Bigger farms, I will have hired workers.
- Only driving on the roads.
- Every morning the animals will get their feed.
- Seed/(liquid)fertilizer/lime must be bought at the store and transported to the farm. This can be on the pallets, but also in a designated trailer if I have the appropriate storage facilities.
- Fuel must be bought at the fuel station in town. As for the rule above, I can transport the fuel to a storage facility on the farm if I have one. No barrels or tankers on the farm to fuel up from.
Think this is about it for me and my rules.