Self implied rules

EyesJoshuaMF

Re: Self implied rules

Post by EyesJoshuaMF »

Regarding the loan situation....

I treat loans in a different way, more like Financing on new purchases.
For example, I bought a new Kramer KL30.8 loader last autumn on my West Coast save, however I had not sold all of my winter wheat from that year yet. So, when I ordered the machine, I took out a loan from the bank of about 90% of the machine’s cost, so I could repay it over the next few months.....
The same process tends to apply to most of my purchases and supplies costs to keep the farm afloat.

When it comes to hiring workers, my West Coast farm can not justify a combine for the area I work, so I pay a contractor to harvest my Winter wheat/barley and potatoes for me. I do this by ‘buying’ (without affecting my bank balance) the machine and treating the maintenance costs and worker fees as the contracting fee.
Player since fs2013

👍Massey Ferguson
👍Valtra
humbe

Post by humbe »

I loan seldom as Im on hard economy with season I have to pay rent 12 times between each harvest. Interest thus is high at 15+%

Loaning itself is fine but in default game a year has 1.5 days interest is just ridiculously low..
dunnjob

Post by dunnjob »

I generally determine my rules at the start of a map. Mostly the same rules as that people have posted above but here a couple I haven't read:

No autoload. I don't do this every map but have in the past.

Only (fill in the blank) equipment. Currently all Deere on Hazzard County. Did all yellow tractors (JCB small, Challenger large) on Pacific northwest.
We are all ignorant, we are all just ignorant about different things.

Recent convert to PC on FS19
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

Grain elevator is only open 0800-1700, except harvest season, then open 0700-2100.

Store/Shop hours are M-F 0900-1800, Sat 1000-1630, Sun closed.

Winter (snow) driving is 35 MPH MAX, but try to keep to 25-30.

Teleporting between vehicles only allowed during planting and harvest, and vehicles must be working on same field. Only because I play SP.

More will come as I get further into business with the seasons mod.
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)