Logging maps on console

Jonny3355

Logging maps on console

Post by Jonny3355 »

I miss the maps for logging that already have areas cleared like the one now there isnt enough space to move multiple peaces of equipment around like the fdr maps from fs 17 that type of style of layout
Xbox one
Ravenblade86

Re: Logging maps on console

Post by Ravenblade86 »

Doubt you will ever see anymore FDR on Modhub, for pc or console. Doesn't seem like they exactly have the best relationship with Giants...

NLA Gaming though currently has a logging map in testing for console called Switchback Canyon which looks like it has some very challenging terrain, but he has left a bunch of cleared landings for yarder operations and stuff like that so you might want to keep an eye out for that one.
Jonny3355

Post by Jonny3355 »

Ravenblade86 wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:02 pm Doubt you will ever see anymore FDR on Modhub, for pc or console. Doesn't seem like they exactly have the best relationship with Giants...

NLA Gaming though currently has a logging map in testing for console called Switchback Canyon which looks like it has some very challenging terrain, but he has left a bunch of cleared landings for yarder operations and stuff like that so you might want to keep an eye out for that one.
Thanks for the heads up
Xbox one
Ravenblade86

Post by Ravenblade86 »

No worries :) You might also want to look at Geiselsberg if you haven't already? It's not specifically a logging map, but it can't be far of 50% of the map that is covered in forest and while it doesn't really have pre-cleared logging sites, you do have fields along side the forests that you could use.
Crazof

Post by Crazof »

I'm trying to get going on Holmakra, but I'm not making much progress. I heard Alien Jim is making a new map, one with a lot of the pioneer feel to it, clearing trees for fields etc... so I'm having a hard time putting time into holmakra
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

Crazof wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:02 pm I'm trying to get going on Holmakra, but I'm not making much progress. I heard Alien Jim is making a new map, one with a lot of the pioneer feel to it, clearing trees for fields etc... so I'm having a hard time putting time into holmakra
Yeah I saw MrSealyP talking about that in his Sussex Lets Play. No Man's Land I think he said it's going to be called? Sounded kind of interesting. I like how he implements ways of removing certain aspects of the map.
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Alien Jim posted a new video of it on YouTube today.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Ravenblade86

Post by Ravenblade86 »

From his little in progress video he posted this evening it doesn't look like Alien Jim's new map is that much of a forestry map. Seems like it has a lot of little pockets of trees scattered about, but a lot of what he showed just looked like fairly open rolling terrain that just doesn't have fields on it. It was just a teaser though, so perhaps things will change or he just didn't show parts of the map that are more heavily forested.
mcatalyst

Post by mcatalyst »

If your talking about pre-made landings. Rogue River (by Catalyzer Gaming) has those but it is a logging only map with extreme terrain.

A new map I'm finishing up called Crater Lake will also have pre-made roads & landings with full DIY support for the farm side.
Myrithis - Catalyzer Industries
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

Jonny3355 wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:40 pm I miss the maps for logging that already have areas cleared like the one now there isnt enough space to move multiple peaces of equipment around like the fdr maps from fs 17 that type of style of layout
Maybe try grizzly mountain? It’s a fun map.
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
SJ_Sathanas

Post by SJ_Sathanas »

I had a great time on Holmakra v1, but I can see why people may not like it.
Jonny3355

Post by Jonny3355 »

mcatalyst wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:22 am If your talking about pre-made landings. Rogue River (by Catalyzer Gaming) has those but it is a logging only map with extreme terrain.

A new map I'm finishing up called Crater Lake will also have pre-made roads & landings with full DIY support for the farm side.
U a modder
Xbox one
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

Ravenblade86 wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:40 pm From his little in progress video he posted this evening it doesn't look like Alien Jim's new map is that much of a forestry map. Seems like it has a lot of little pockets of trees scattered about, but a lot of what he showed just looked like fairly open rolling terrain that just doesn't have fields on it. It was just a teaser though, so perhaps things will change or he just didn't show parts of the map that are more heavily forested.
I'm pretty sure he said it's going to be a map that you start by just logging but you will have an option like he always includes in his maps, like removing the hedges in Sussex or fence posts in Mercury, but to remove trees. Might not have been No Mans Land, and could have been another map he was saying for further on down the line. I was half asleep when I was watching it lol.
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Ravenblade86 wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:02 pm Doubt you will ever see anymore FDR on Modhub, for pc or console. Doesn't seem like they exactly have the best relationship with Giants...

They announced today that they don’t have the time or motivation to make the changes and fixes to get it on console so it will be pc only.
Kruelkamo

Post by Kruelkamo »

@Jonny3355 yes. His signature says he is Catalyzer Gaming. He used to be a part of the FDR team and he helped FDR bring Pacific Inlet Logging to 17 as well as a few others. On 19, he’s brought out I believe 4-5 maps for console players. He’s one of the 2 main console logging modders in the community with the other being NMC. So if you’re wanting FDR maps, Catalyzer is the closest thing you’ll get since he’s worked with FDR and converted quite a few of his maps to console for us.
Legion Hills Logging on PC