Vehicles carried over from previous versions.

CudoYT

Re: Vehicles carried over from previous versions.

Post by CudoYT »

Many people from the german community are trying to get this idea to Giants since FS15. But Giants won"t hear it, we have never had an answer.
Lernt Modden/Mappen.
Lädt unregelmäßig Videos auf seinem YT Kanal hoch. :confusednew:
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdXJ4G ... t5YyhWyPBg[/youtube]
Guil

Post by Guil »

What is the question or suggestion?
CudoYT

Post by CudoYT »

I am pretty sure i answered to a suggestion in this thread, now the suggestion is in the farming simulator sky and not here in the forum.
Lernt Modden/Mappen.
Guil

Post by Guil »

You created this thread though without any context as to what the suggestion is.
george.earlslight

Post by george.earlslight »

Guil wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:02 pm What is the question or suggestion?
Probably what's implied in the title; why aren't all vehicles from older versions carried over to FS19.
Guil

Post by Guil »

True, didn't look at it that way lol.
CudoYT

Post by CudoYT »

I haven"t created this thread... There were suggestions before me and i answered to it...
Lernt Modden/Mappen.
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

CudoYT wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:38 am I haven"t created this thread... There were suggestions before me and i answered to it...
Uh no, you created this thread...

I think you made a mistake somewhere 🙂
Ignorance is bliss
CudoYT

Post by CudoYT »

I have not created this thread 100% sure.
I can"t even remember that i wrote the title, the answer yes, but the title?
Lernt Modden/Mappen.
L2K Perma

Post by L2K Perma »

CudoYT wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:51 am I have not created this thread 100% sure.
I can"t even remember that i wrote the title, the answer yes, but the title?
I can actually vouch for this, I certainly recall seeing this thread a few days ago posted by another user that had replies to it but this is the only thread on here now.
FS13 - Xbox 360
FS15 - Xbox 360/Xbox One
FS17 - Xbox One
FS19 - PC

PC specs: i5-8600k, M22 Kraken AIO cooler, 16GB ddr4 ram, RTX 2070 Super, 256 GB SSD, 1 TB HDD
juf.de

Post by juf.de »

i remember that there was a large block of text as OP, somthing about a question of why the tractors from older Fs titles aren't in the game anymore.
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

Yeah the OP has been deleted for some reason, I've had posts deleted before too for no apparent reason. Perhaps the management didn't like the question lol.
Guil

Post by Guil »

Ah right, possibly it was someone that was banned and had their posts deleted or someone that had asked for their account to be deleted.
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

I think the big wall of text was about equipment carried over, but about them not being up to the standard of the current-gen tractors. Windscreen wipers and dynamic hoses and that sort of thing.

In that case, all of the tractors were upgraded for FS19 to a degree. You can export any of them and see additions such as the rails for pipes over and under the tractor. Even before the game was released a FS19 Lindtrac was on the ModHub (though hidden) which could be exported out of GIANTS Editor 7 and imported into Blender or Maya, showing you the new additions.

The issue with completely updating everything in game to take advantage of all the new features is simply a matter of time; there isn't enough. Given the level of detail of each piece of equipment in the game, to completely overhaul and redo a model to include every new feature simply isn't an efficient use of resources. New equipment goes a long way to sell games, while existing equipment is in for longer-term players who appreciate the variety. The alternative is to leave them out of the game, but you'd have a fairly empty list of equipment if you remove half of it.

Even for a full-time professional it requires a long time to (re)model and (re)texture any item in game. In a game where there was probably over a hundred new models (before even looking at creating thousands of map assets) it would quickly become overwhelming to bring existing equipment up to the same standard too, which is why some existing models are only given essential and blatantly obvious updates. Regular players would notice that hoses don't connect on every piece of existing equipment, but most casual gamers (which I expect is the majority of players) probably wouldn't notice such things.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

Ritchie wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:13 am Yeah the OP has been deleted for some reason, I've had posts deleted before too for no apparent reason. Perhaps the management didn't like the question lol.
I'm 99% sure one of my posts just vanished as well I'd guess for the same reason you mentioned.