What is the worst thing and best thing about FS19

jasonbarron

Re: What is the worst thing and best thing about FS19

Post by jasonbarron »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 4:05 pm He was a big modder in 17, just came out with a very nice map on 17. Bill you can correct me, but I don't think he has anything in 19, except maybe helping oxygendavid out. Lone oak was his creation on 17, but let oxygendavid convert it to 19.
Ah, that explains it. I've been a gamer for well over three decades now, and a cycle that I've seen over and over again almost without fail is the angry, disaffected modder of a previous generation of a franchise game.
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

He is very talented and wish he would have modded for fs19 because I know he would make the game even better.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
jasonbarron

Post by jasonbarron »

No doubt he is a good modder, I'm just saying "the angry modder of a previous generation who uses his influence to constantly grouse and complain about the new version" is a story as old as time itself. I've seen that repeated in literally every franchise game that's dared to change from version to version I've ever played, which is a lot. There are other modders who are generous with their time and good at what they do; there is nothing particularly special about him.
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Krd1749 wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:09 pm Just keep in mind that a few years ago we couldn't even dump materials on the ground
That's a big game-changer I always remind myself of when I go back to 15, that we have it pretty good in 19. The landscaping tool also, an ingame smidget of GE!
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

jasonbarron wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 4:29 pm No doubt he is a good modder, I'm just saying "the angry modder of a previous generation who uses his influence to constantly grouse and complain about the new version" is a story as old as time itself. I've seen that repeated in literally every franchise game that's dared to change from version to version I've ever played, which is a lot. There are other modders who are generous with their time and good at what they do; there is nothing particularly special about him.
I get that. I just wanted to clarify he is talented. I appreciate any modder that spends so much time to bring free stuff.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
ED209v2

Post by ED209v2 »

Krd1749 wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:09 pm Just keep in mind that a few years ago we couldn't even dump materials on the ground
That just shows how slow GIANTS is to add things.

It was a mod-contest mod for FS11. And was available as a mod since then.
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

jasonbarron wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 4:29 pm No doubt he is a good modder, I'm just saying "the angry modder of a previous generation who uses his influence to constantly grouse and complain about the new version" is a story as old as time itself. I've seen that repeated in literally every franchise game that's dared to change from version to version I've ever played, which is a lot. There are other modders who are generous with their time and good at what they do; there is nothing particularly special about him.
Thanks for the thinly veiled insults towards myself.

You know nothing about me, yet reckon you have me all figured out and stereotyped.

For the past 6 years and, 4 versions of the game I have played and modded for it. I have shared my creations and my time with many people. Feel free to ask around instead of jumping to wrong conclusions.

This is the first version I could not get onboard with, the majority of this is down to how much modders were able to improve Fs17.

Going from that to default Fs19 was a huge disappointment. However I had gone through the same process from 13 to 15, and 15 to 17.

But the difference this time was I quickly realised thanks to information from my own knowledge and other many other modders, that aspects of the game I felt were poor and needed improvement were hardcoded, with no way to alter them.

On top of that was seeing so many of the great improvements we had made to Fs17 were all missing from the default game, and redoing them for Fs19 was not a simple quick "auto convert". The thought of having to do all that all over again was too depressing to think about.

I do not care about influence, or attention, I care about 1 thing, trying to make the game better.

Your welcome to disagree with me, but don't stoop to insulting my character.
Join the "Frontier Design" Discord: https://discord.gg/7P8ePvU
jasonbarron

Post by jasonbarron »

Meh. Get over yourself, Bill. You're relying on your past contributions as a means to belittle a company and try to (with negative reinforcement) force change, and you shouldn't be surprised that someone would push back. If you want to influence Giants, I'll give you a little tip on the only thing that works: don't buy their products. That's the only language they care about.
Daredevil_USA

Post by Daredevil_USA »

This is not the direction I wanted this thread to go.

Mr. BulletBill, I apologize that this thread has become a complaint department.

That was not my intension.

The thread was in reference to the game it's self.

Not the mods or modder's community.
Rabbitbugs93

Post by Rabbitbugs93 »

jasonbarron wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:07 pm Meh. Get over yourself, Bill. You're relying on your past contributions as a means to belittle a company and try to (with negative reinforcement) force change, and you shouldn't be surprised that someone would push back. If you want to influence Giants, I'll give you a little tip on the only thing that works: don't buy their products. That's the only language they care about.
Couldn't have said it better
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Please forgive me if I did say anything that insulted you, BulletBill. I didn’t mean to offend you at all
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

Daredevil_USA wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:15 pm This is not the direction I wanted this thread to go.

Mr. BulletBill, I apologize that this thread has become a complaint department.

That was not my intension.

The thread was in reference to the game it's self.

Not the mods or modder's community.
No need to apologise bud.

I'm used to this attitude towards me, it always ends up the same way regardless of whether I'm releasing mods for the current version of the game or not.

Any player can express his opinion about the game and others as much as he wants, heaven forbid a modder does the same.

They always fall back on insults and trying to put ulterior motives behind your actions. Instead of reading what you actually wrote.
Join the "Frontier Design" Discord: https://discord.gg/7P8ePvU
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

I don't think you do yourself any favours at times though with some of the things you write. No one can argue with your view of the game, everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
Maybe leave out the condescending and sarcastic comments about anyone who doesn't share the same view of 19 as you though. I think that's what's getting folks backs up more than the fact you don't like the game in its current state.
We're all here for the love of the same game at the end of the day, let's try and show each other a little more respect folks.
Lexie

Post by Lexie »

Actually, on most if not everything, BullitBill is right. Sounds and environment graphics are not better then 17, different they are. I can live with some changes to the game, but sounds are annoying me to much as I can not use all the tractors I want. There are tractors who are ok, like the NH T6, Case 7200, Fendt 500, Fiat 1300, but JD's, bigger Fendt's, Case Puma, Steyr Profi do have really annoying sounds. The map borders are terrible and unrealistic too, in 17 you do have the feel the map is endless, in 19 you exactly knows where it ends. Shadows are terrible, trees in the distance are looking like some ball of wool and grass looks unrealistic too.

Then accusing BullitBill is not fair, if you not share his opinion, that's fine but it will not say you're right. Some people are saying, is there something wrong with your eyes en ears, for those people I will suggest: go to your nearest optician but better go nearest psychologist as there is something wrong between your ears ........
j_maybury

Post by j_maybury »

The worst thing is the sky, It is lifeless and deadly dull. They should evaluate the solar panels in this game to less than half the money you get from them just to show how bad the sky is!
The best thing is the ability to be able to set up your own farm, I wish this could be extended to all the items on the map so that we could move junk and rubble around and sell scrap to a scrapyard.