medicine creek - bale wrapper?

ilovetrains

medicine creek - bale wrapper?

Post by ilovetrains »

Is there a bale wrapper that works with medicine creek? One of the map features is the ability to bale corn stalks, which apparently changes the in game bales. The in game bale wrapper does not recognize the bales and will not allow you to wrap them.

Does anyone know of a bale wrapper that will work with Medicine creek?
Dairydeere

Re: medicine creek - bale wrapper?

Post by Dairydeere »

I don’t think you’re supposed to wrap those bales. They are just bales and then fed or sold
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
Azfoor

Post by Azfoor »

Dairydeere wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:35 pm I don’t think you’re supposed to wrap those bales. They are just bales and then fed or sold
He is talking about the grassbales
ilovetrains

Post by ilovetrains »

Azfoor wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:46 pm
Dairydeere wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:35 pm I don’t think you’re supposed to wrap those bales. They are just bales and then fed or sold
He is talking about the grassbales
Exactly.

The default bale size for the map is 1.8 which forces balers to create that size regardless of what size the baler was setup to create.

Perhaps the better question, is there a bale wrapper for 1.8 meter bales?
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

I though he said corn stalk bales?
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Happy farming!
Eische

Post by Eische »

Depending on which wrapper you want to use, you can try to edit the xml file.
Search for a section like this:

Code: Select all

<baleTypes>
      <baleType fillType="grass_windrow" wrapperBaleFilename="$data/objects/roundbales/kuhnSW4014/roundbaleSilage_w112_d130.i3d" minBaleDiameter="1.1" maxBaleDiameter="1.3" minBaleWidth="1.1" maxBaleWidth="1.3" />
</baleTypes>
I guess those parameters are pretty self-explanatory.
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Please report bugs for FS22 using the bugtracker
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

ilovetrains wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:09 pm Is there a bale wrapper that works with medicine creek? One of the map features is the ability to bale corn stalks, which apparently changes the in game bales. The in game bale wrapper does not recognize the bales and will not allow you to wrap them.

Referring to this part of the quote, I am pretty sure you can't have wrapped corn stalks

Discord Server
Facebook page

Happy farming!
Mr.Smoke

Post by Mr.Smoke »

You would need to add the Medicine Creek bales as accepted types to the bale wrapper as mentioned. That should work.

The map also has files for standard 1.3 sized bales and you could edit one of the map xml files (I forget which one but could find it for you) and point it to the 1.3 sized bales. Then the wrapper would surely work.
ilovetrains

Post by ilovetrains »

Eische wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:32 am Depending on which wrapper you want to use, you can try to edit the xml file.
Search for a section like this:

Code: Select all

<baleTypes>
      <baleType fillType="grass_windrow" wrapperBaleFilename="$data/objects/roundbales/kuhnSW4014/roundbaleSilage_w112_d130.i3d" minBaleDiameter="1.1" maxBaleDiameter="1.3" minBaleWidth="1.1" maxBaleWidth="1.3" />
</baleTypes>
I guess those parameters are pretty self-explanatory.
That looked so simple, and I hoped it would work, but unfortunately no. I am guessing the post below about remapping the i3d file for the bale itself is the right route.
I think it is interesting the game engine cannot support two different round bale sizes.
ilovetrains

Post by ilovetrains »

Mr.Smoke wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:46 pm You would need to add the Medicine Creek bales as accepted types to the bale wrapper as mentioned. That should work.

The map also has files for standard 1.3 sized bales and you could edit one of the map xml files (I forget which one but could find it for you) and point it to the 1.3 sized bales. Then the wrapper would surely work.
I want to make sure I understand what you are saying. The map default appears to be the 1.8 meter size bales, and it makes all balers generate that default. So the rol-belt 150 suddenly produces bales larger than itself. Are you saying that it is possible to revert the map to 1.3 bales....
Or in the alternative add the 1.8 bale to the baler/wrapper?

I am very curious about this. Seems straight forward, but beyond my capabilities. Would like to learn how to do this.
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Drmattymd wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:32 pm
Dairydeere wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:12 am
ilovetrains wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:09 pm Is there a bale wrapper that works with medicine creek? One of the map features is the ability to bale corn stalks, which apparently changes the in game bales. The in game bale wrapper does not recognize the bales and will not allow you to wrap them.

Referring to this part of the quote, I am pretty sure you can't have wrapped corn stalks
which apparently changes the in game bales. The in game bale wrapper does not recognize the bales

This is what he was asking. The addition of the cornstalk bales overrides the ingame bale size just like the JD568 Baler mod does. It makes ALL the bales bigger and then you cant wrap any of them
Ah, sorry about that. I didn’t read that right. :blushnew:

Edit-I realize why I misread that. I did square baking on Medicine Creek, so I never had a problem with bale size, didn’t realize he meant round bales only
Last edited by Dairydeere on Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Discord Server
Facebook page

Happy farming!
Mr.Smoke

Post by Mr.Smoke »

ilovetrains wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:11 pm I want to make sure I understand what you are saying. The map default appears to be the 1.8 meter size bales, and it makes all balers generate that default. So the rol-belt 150 suddenly produces bales larger than itself. Are you saying that it is possible to revert the map to 1.3 bales....

I am very curious about this. Seems straight forward, but beyond my capabilities. Would like to learn how to do this.
Yes, you can revert the map to the original sized bales. When I poked around in the bale files (I mamaged to get the map default 1.8 bales to work with autoloader trailers) I noticed it had files inside for multiple sizes of round bales. There is an XML somewhere in the map files, which I can find for you if need be, that points the map to the 1.8 size XML/i3d files for creating them. It should simply require pointing it to the files for the 1.3 size bale files within the map files.

Now, I can't remember if there was 1.3 size files for the additional bale types like corn stalks, soy bean straw or alfalfa. If not, you would only be able to make silage bales out of grass. Personally, I edited the XML for the fermenting silo placeables that are on the prebuilt farms to accept alfalfa so I can make silage that way.

Also, you can completely remove all of his added bale types/textures and revert to the default bales. It would also be possible to just remove his changed bales for grass/hay so the wrappers would work, but it would also remove the nicer bale textures he added.

Multiple ways to try correct this issue.
ilovetrains

Post by ilovetrains »

Mr.Smoke wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:26 pm
ilovetrains wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:11 pm I want to make sure I understand what you are saying. The map default appears to be the 1.8 meter size bales, and it makes all balers generate that default. So the rol-belt 150 suddenly produces bales larger than itself. Are you saying that it is possible to revert the map to 1.3 bales....

Yes, you can revert the map to the original sized bales. When I poked around in the bale files (I mamaged to get the map default 1.8 bales to work with autoloader trailers) I noticed it had files inside for multiple sizes of round bales. There is an XML somewhere in the map files, which I can find for you if need be, that points the map to the 1.8 size XML/i3d files for creating them. It should simply require pointing it to the files for the 1.3 size bale files within the map files.

Now, I can't remember if there was 1.3 size files for the additional bale types like corn stalks, soy bean straw or alfalfa. If not, you would only be able to make silage bales out of grass. Personally, I edited the XML for the fermenting silo placeables that are on the prebuilt farms to accept alfalfa so I can make silage that way.

Also, you can completely remove all of his added bale types/textures and revert to the default bales. It would also be possible to just remove his changed bales for grass/hay so the wrappers would work, but it would also remove the nicer bale textures he added.

Multiple ways to try correct this issue.
I do like the custom bale textures. I am guessing there is simply no way to have both bales sizes in game. It is either 1.3 Giants bales of the 1.8 custom bales. I like to bale grass clippings to make silage bales. Looking around and I have not found a bale wrapper that will wrap the 1.8 bales. That is probably my ideal scenario.

After some experimentation I found I can edit a bale wrapper (though not the combo baler/wrapper units) but what it does is convert the 1.8 bale to a 1.3 bale. SO I am guessing the real problem is there is no wrapped 1.8 bale texture available. It is a work around, but not a very good one.
Mr.Smoke

Post by Mr.Smoke »

ilovetrains wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:09 am I do like the custom bale textures. I am guessing there is simply no way to have both bales sizes in game. It is either 1.3 Giants bales of the 1.8 custom bales. I like to bale grass clippings to make silage bales. Looking around and I have not found a bale wrapper that will wrap the 1.8 bales. That is probably my ideal scenario.

After some experimentation I found I can edit a bale wrapper (though not the combo baler/wrapper units) but what it does is convert the 1.8 bale to a 1.3 bale. SO I am guessing the real problem is there is no wrapped 1.8 bale texture available. It is a work around, but not a very good one.
That is interesting......

You are likely right about the wrapped bale texture not being there. An easy explanation for sure and solves the issue so long as you are making 4000L bales. I use the 568 baler at 8000L so I would lose half my volume which is not acceptable. That"s why I just changed the fermenting silo included with the map to accept alfalfa as a fill type for fermenting. Then I grabbed the NH pull type forager and chopper box to compliment the map nicely.

I also wanted to keep the changed bale textures and sizing so I figured out how to have them work on 1.8 sizing with autoload trailers instead of 1.3 sizing. That took me a while to figure out and still couldn't get the hay bale made from grass. It registers as a cotton bale with autoload for some strange reason.

I'm rambling now....... glad to hear you figured out a solution!
ilovetrains

Post by ilovetrains »

sounds like we are chasing some of the same ideas on this map. I was looking at the fermenting silo numbers. First - i guess there is no way to see what's inside it. I tried placing a silo board next to it, but it does not register the chaff or silage. the only way to see how much is to maneuver a trailer into place....which the fill spout is at a weird angle. I digress.

The fermentng silo capacity appears to be tied something, but I have no idea what. Number of cattle? The i3d registers it as a floating point value.