DLC to big?????

Illinois Farmer

Re: DLC to big?????

Post by Illinois Farmer »

There is a smaller one in the dlc.

Edit: there are 3 seeders in total.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Beanbrother

Post by Beanbrother »

Ya isn’t the other one a 12m???? I’m just trying to relive my childhood, we had Bourgault seeder and Cart. But was only about 25feet
Illinois Farmer

It is 8m so roughly 26 ft. That's pretty close to your 25 ft.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
livesea72

Post by livesea72 »

It will work out on my westbridge hills save. Im using 9RT atm with 18 meter seeder and cart . I will use 9RX if we dont get the RT update from custom modding first otherwise i will keep 9RT and possibly add RX once i get enough in game money (doing contracts and turning bales into biogas plant.)
FS13 xbox360/ FS15 ps4/xbox one/ FS17 xbox one/ps4pro platinum trophy /FS19 ps4pro platinum trophy/ FS 22 PC
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

I've actually used the seed hawk on my woodshire save, it was difficult to transport, and some of the odd shapes needed to be done manually. BUT the size of that machine in action was just awesome, there is a certain power you feel when you run one of those, when this dlc drops I might just have to go back to that save.
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
ThatCanadianGuy

Post by ThatCanadianGuy »

redglasses wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:21 pm I've actually used the seed hawk on my woodshire save, it was difficult to transport, and some of the odd shapes needed to be done manually. BUT the size of that machine in action was just awesome, there is a certain power you feel when you run one of those, when this dlc drops I might just have to go back to that save.
The Bourgault 3420-100 should, in theory, be easier to transport than the Seedhawk. Those Seedhawk designers don't seem to worried about transport size. If you've ever been on a dealer lot with Seedhawks and other machines they are always the biggest. That new Bourgault folds up tighter but it is longer so it would go down roads easier but could be harder to make corners with.
It will be interesting to put them side by side on maps and experiment with stuff like that.
Former real life farmer of lentils, mustard, and wheat on the Canadian prairies.
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

That seedhawk and it's cultivator are impossible to move around on the map, without cutting through hedges en fields
Ignorance is bliss
ThatCanadianGuy

Post by ThatCanadianGuy »

Well... they aren't designed for countryside with hedges.
This is where they are intended to work

Former real life farmer of lentils, mustard, and wheat on the Canadian prairies.
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

Works fine on fields 1 & 2 on Sussex! :D

The other big fields as well I suppose. But then I would have to move them around which I don't like :)
Ignorance is bliss
somethingonmyshoe2

Post by somethingonmyshoe2 »

DLC to big . yes for most maps out there . more to the point will I use it ( yes and no ) a 4x map and big fields . yes . a lot of the maps I use . no .
now a full set of interactive placeables ( say like a working interactive flour mill and more ) . that i'd buy with out thinking do i need it.
Illinois Farmer

That would be cool too. Yes, the dlc doesn't fit everyone's needs, but it is still useable and really cool to get a 9rx on console. Plus, there is a small 8m seeder to use on the smaller maps.
Crazof

Post by Crazof »

maybe the name should change, JD 9RX DLC

afterall we got a JD cotton DLC and only 1 item in it was JD
bossmanslim

Post by bossmanslim »

I would have rather seen no-till planters and larger subsoilers rather than more seeders.
wiseguy49

Post by wiseguy49 »

Don't worry for anyone that thinks this DLC is too big... I'm sure Giants next 2 DLCs will be 3m implements.

BTW I farm big. So I'm loving this DLC and might actually buy it.
IceUul

Post by IceUul »

Not too big for PC, PC has lot of maps where you have feeling that you really need a bigger equipment.

How about this 800ha field on Wild West map? It needs a week to cultivate it with 3M cultivator. Now i can cultivate it ten times faster.