LS-Modcompany and Global Market

FarmCatJenkins

Re: LS-Modcompany and Global Market

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

So it only shows up when other people are running the client at the same time correct? Because I got it set up and when I went to the menu there were like three things in there to buy lol
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

OlavEmil wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:18 pm Agree. Especially for that kind of use, where you actually want to buy stuff. I find it much more interesting to actually buy bales etc now with Global Market, knowing that someone actually grew the crops and grass to make them available for sale. While I have earlier always waited to buy animals until I had the needed bales and crops stored, I now feel like it makes sense to get them straight away and pay for someone else's real life work to feed them until I am self-sustained. Once I have enough to provide for myself, I can then sell the surplus myself so that others who are short can make use of it.
:this: *thumbsup*
the big print giveth the small print taketh
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

FarmCatJenkins wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:22 pm So it only shows up when other people are running the client at the same time correct? Because I got it set up and when I went to the menu there were like three things in there to buy lol
You have to synchronize it, as it's always being updated. *thumbsup*
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

BreadedVirus wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:10 am
FarmCatJenkins wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:22 pm So it only shows up when other people are running the client at the same time correct? Because I got it set up and when I went to the menu there were like three things in there to buy lol
I know. I was wondering if it only shows up when people have the client running.

BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

FarmCatJenkins wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:40 am
BreadedVirus wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:10 am
I know. I was wondering if it only shows up when people have the client running.
I have no idea :neutralnew:
FarmerLee73

Post by FarmerLee73 »

Just had a look at this after a couple of months break from farming, I expected to see lots of different items I could buy but there was only about 6, and yes I did synchronise, is this because people have not taken to this mod?
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

FarmerLee73 wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:33 pm Just had a look at this after a couple of months break from farming, I expected to see lots of different items I could buy but there was only about 6, and yes I did synchronise, is this because people have not taken to this mod?
I would imagine it would depend on the time of day you're on. Primetime in Europe would probably be the best, as it only shows what people have for sell when they have their client running.

FarmerLee73

Post by FarmerLee73 »

Makes sense
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

And I wonder if everyone knows about it yet. Only reason I have it is I follow yesmods.com constantly
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
FarmerLee73

Post by FarmerLee73 »

Admittedly I have only loaded this up into the game to have a "look" so not really used it, first impression is great idea but why would I buy from the market when I can buy product much cheaper from the in game store. I think the economy needs to be looked at. But like I said I have literally only had it in game for 5 mins.
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

Makes it more realistic to me instead of just pulling up to a tiny silo and buying anything I want. I needed soybeans for TMR and had to wait until someone had them for sell in the market. Got excited when I saw them.

VonArens

Post by VonArens »

FarmerLee73 wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:45 am Admittedly I have only loaded this up into the game to have a "look" so not really used it, first impression is great idea but why would I buy from the market when I can buy product much cheaper from the in game store. I think the economy needs to be looked at. But like I said I have literally only had it in game for 5 mins.
While I agree that certain aspects of the economy probably needs some tuning, its a great tool for those who want a more immersive gameplay overall. Say you're a player who is focused on animals with seasons and your feed crop fails for whatever reason (so much rain), I bet they would rather buy from a player driven market than some magic silo that has infinite amounts of everything. :)