LS-Modcompany and Global Market

User avatar
FarmCatJenkins
Posts: 1482
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:27 pm
Location: Pennsylvania, USA

Re: LS-Modcompany and Global Market

Post by FarmCatJenkins » Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:22 pm

So it only shows up when other people are running the client at the same time correct? Because I got it set up and when I went to the menu there were like three things in there to buy lol
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15
Facebook Page
Facebook Group
Join our Discord!

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins

BreadedVirus
Posts: 1422
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2016 6:10 am
Location: here, there everywhere

Re: LS-Modcompany and Global Market

Post by BreadedVirus » Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:03 am

OlavEmil wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:18 pm
Agree. Especially for that kind of use, where you actually want to buy stuff. I find it much more interesting to actually buy bales etc now with Global Market, knowing that someone actually grew the crops and grass to make them available for sale. While I have earlier always waited to buy animals until I had the needed bales and crops stored, I now feel like it makes sense to get them straight away and pay for someone else's real life work to feed them until I am self-sustained. Once I have enough to provide for myself, I can then sell the surplus myself so that others who are short can make use of it.
:this: *thumbsup*
MasterBox MB500 ATX Mid Tower Case, Asus - PRIME Z390-A ATX LGA1151 Motherboard, Core i5-9600K 3.7 GHz 6-Core Processor , GEFORCE RTX 2070 SUPER 8GB , 24GB RAM, CRYORIG - M9i 48.4 CFM CPU Cooler, 5 Cool Master Jetflo case fans, Samsung 970 Evo plus SSD, 1TB HDD, Win 10, PLAYSTATION 4, T150, T3PA Pro Pedal set, TH8A Shifter
the big print giveth the small print taketh

BreadedVirus
Posts: 1422
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2016 6:10 am
Location: here, there everywhere

Re: LS-Modcompany and Global Market

Post by BreadedVirus » Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:10 am

FarmCatJenkins wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:22 pm
So it only shows up when other people are running the client at the same time correct? Because I got it set up and when I went to the menu there were like three things in there to buy lol
You have to synchronize it, as it's always being updated. *thumbsup*
MasterBox MB500 ATX Mid Tower Case, Asus - PRIME Z390-A ATX LGA1151 Motherboard, Core i5-9600K 3.7 GHz 6-Core Processor , GEFORCE RTX 2070 SUPER 8GB , 24GB RAM, CRYORIG - M9i 48.4 CFM CPU Cooler, 5 Cool Master Jetflo case fans, Samsung 970 Evo plus SSD, 1TB HDD, Win 10, PLAYSTATION 4, T150, T3PA Pro Pedal set, TH8A Shifter
the big print giveth the small print taketh

User avatar
FarmCatJenkins
Posts: 1482
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:27 pm
Location: Pennsylvania, USA

Re: LS-Modcompany and Global Market

Post by FarmCatJenkins » Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:40 am

BreadedVirus wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:10 am
FarmCatJenkins wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:22 pm
So it only shows up when other people are running the client at the same time correct? Because I got it set up and when I went to the menu there were like three things in there to buy lol
You have to synchronize it, as it's always being updated. *thumbsup*
I know. I was wondering if it only shows up when people have the client running.
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15
Facebook Page
Facebook Group
Join our Discord!

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins

BreadedVirus
Posts: 1422
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2016 6:10 am
Location: here, there everywhere

Re: LS-Modcompany and Global Market

Post by BreadedVirus » Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:54 pm

FarmCatJenkins wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:40 am
BreadedVirus wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:10 am
FarmCatJenkins wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:22 pm
So it only shows up when other people are running the client at the same time correct? Because I got it set up and when I went to the menu there were like three things in there to buy lol
You have to synchronize it, as it's always being updated. *thumbsup*
I know. I was wondering if it only shows up when people have the client running.
I have no idea :neutralnew:
MasterBox MB500 ATX Mid Tower Case, Asus - PRIME Z390-A ATX LGA1151 Motherboard, Core i5-9600K 3.7 GHz 6-Core Processor , GEFORCE RTX 2070 SUPER 8GB , 24GB RAM, CRYORIG - M9i 48.4 CFM CPU Cooler, 5 Cool Master Jetflo case fans, Samsung 970 Evo plus SSD, 1TB HDD, Win 10, PLAYSTATION 4, T150, T3PA Pro Pedal set, TH8A Shifter
the big print giveth the small print taketh

User avatar
FarmerLee73
Posts: 295
Joined: Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:48 pm

Re: LS-Modcompany and Global Market

Post by FarmerLee73 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:33 pm

Just had a look at this after a couple of months break from farming, I expected to see lots of different items I could buy but there was only about 6, and yes I did synchronise, is this because people have not taken to this mod?

User avatar
FarmCatJenkins
Posts: 1482
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:27 pm
Location: Pennsylvania, USA

Re: LS-Modcompany and Global Market

Post by FarmCatJenkins » Mon Mar 16, 2020 4:00 pm

FarmerLee73 wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:33 pm
Just had a look at this after a couple of months break from farming, I expected to see lots of different items I could buy but there was only about 6, and yes I did synchronise, is this because people have not taken to this mod?
I would imagine it would depend on the time of day you're on. Primetime in Europe would probably be the best, as it only shows what people have for sell when they have their client running.
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15
Facebook Page
Facebook Group
Join our Discord!

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins

User avatar
FarmerLee73
Posts: 295
Joined: Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:48 pm

Re: LS-Modcompany and Global Market

Post by FarmerLee73 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:11 pm

Makes sense

User avatar
Dairydeere
Posts: 2036
Joined: Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:11 pm
Location: Eastern Washington, United States
Contact:

Re: LS-Modcompany and Global Market

Post by Dairydeere » Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:49 pm

And I wonder if everyone knows about it yet. Only reason I have it is I follow yesmods.com constantly
Dairy Farmer. John Deere. Dairydeere!
FS19 and ATS
Discord - Dairydeere#2509
Member of Farm Simulator Network
Moderator for Kederk Farms
FS19 Community Trader, the place to go for roleplay

West Texas - 29 hours

If you never ask, the answer is always no.
Have fun with the farmin’!

User avatar
FarmerLee73
Posts: 295
Joined: Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:48 pm

Re: LS-Modcompany and Global Market

Post by FarmerLee73 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:45 am

Admittedly I have only loaded this up into the game to have a "look" so not really used it, first impression is great idea but why would I buy from the market when I can buy product much cheaper from the in game store. I think the economy needs to be looked at. But like I said I have literally only had it in game for 5 mins.

User avatar
FarmCatJenkins
Posts: 1482
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:27 pm
Location: Pennsylvania, USA

Re: LS-Modcompany and Global Market

Post by FarmCatJenkins » Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:57 am

Makes it more realistic to me instead of just pulling up to a tiny silo and buying anything I want. I needed soybeans for TMR and had to wait until someone had them for sell in the market. Got excited when I saw them.
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15
Facebook Page
Facebook Group
Join our Discord!

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins

VonArens
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:00 pm

Re: LS-Modcompany and Global Market

Post by VonArens » Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:18 pm

FarmerLee73 wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:45 am
Admittedly I have only loaded this up into the game to have a "look" so not really used it, first impression is great idea but why would I buy from the market when I can buy product much cheaper from the in game store. I think the economy needs to be looked at. But like I said I have literally only had it in game for 5 mins.
While I agree that certain aspects of the economy probably needs some tuning, its a great tool for those who want a more immersive gameplay overall. Say you're a player who is focused on animals with seasons and your feed crop fails for whatever reason (so much rain), I bet they would rather buy from a player driven market than some magic silo that has infinite amounts of everything. :)

Post Reply