New T6 removed from modhub

Dales_farmer

Re: New T6 removed from modhub

Post by Dales_farmer » Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:46 pm

Evening all,

I would just like to clear up why this mod has been removed from Mod Hub.

When this mod first appeared I was very interested to see what someone else could produce from the in game New Holland T6, however it soon became apparent that the authors of this mod had decided to use my 2WD T6. Some of you may be wondering what's the problem is with that and the simple answer is that in order to create the 2WD version I had to split the base game model so the moving part would still work (I don't have access to Maya).

This took a lot of time to do as it was the first time I had used Blender and the mod went backwards and forwards to Giants many times till it was released. So you can only imagine how annoying it was to have another modder using my mod without consent and crediting me with "some parts from Dales_farmer"!! Some parts works out to be about 75 - 80% of the entire mod with them putting a different axel on and adding a few other bits.

I have also read within this thread that the front pto attaches incorrectly, this is further proof that they have used my mod as the indices for attaching the all pto's were changed and the front pto was removed.

I would like to add that Giant's were brilliant in dealing with this issue and only decided to permanently remove this mod when full proof was provided too them. If by any chance the authors of this mod read this then feel free to PM me, anyone else leave a reply and I will respond *thumbsup*

CrashhawkCE

Post by CrashhawkCE » Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:59 pm

@ Dales_Farmer

That's unfortunate that they didn't ask for your permission. You do great work and I look forward whatever you release! (T5? :))
XB1 - Streaming daily on Twitch!
https://twitch.tv/CrashHawkCE

J & M Farms, Illinois
CJ Farms, On the Welsh Marches, Shropshire, UK

juf.de

Post by juf.de » Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:39 pm

@Dales_Farmer: thanks for the info and as unfortunate the removed mod for us players is, it's good to hear, that the system works as itended and keeps the modhub clean, so honest modders are encouraged to release their mods here.
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC

Mwal

Post by Mwal » Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:03 pm

vondeylenfarms wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:49 pm
Probably more of someone claiming it's copied. I follow alot of modders on Facebook and I see other modders bashing other modders on their pages. I feel like it's getting out of control...I mean anyone can make the claim a mod is copied and giants pulls it down and we never see it again. I hope this stops... especially for the console community (myself) as I rely on these modders to make the game good.
I think the part you are missing is they are bashing them for legitimate reasons and if all you are worried about is losing a rip-off mod from the mod hub you will quickly find no mods on the mod hub. All the stuff in during 17 and 19 that I’m sure you are talking about (with the exception of steenkamp modding because there is a lot of grey area there) the modders who have been upset have poured months into the projects or money into buying models and then have them ripped off and quickly edited and spun back out by someone else for financial gain have every right to be upset. If the community, console players especially, continue to defend this behavior in the name of more mods you will find that very quickly the modders who do the heavy lifting and make the great mods will quit and you will be left with the mod editors who can give you new colors 1000 meter headers and geos that require you to seed wheat directly into a volcano for germination.