Storing Manure

Old McGlenno

Storing Manure

Post by Old McGlenno »

I've never had cows before and I'm trying to figure out what my initial investment is going to be. One of the things I need to factor in will be what I'm going to do with the manure so i can figure in the cost of equipment. How do you all store your manure? I play on console (so no pc mods) and am running seasons. Thanks.
Missyb

Re: Storing Manure

Post by Missyb »

best to store manure will be to leave it in the manure bunker (where it spawn's). you do two things with manure use it as fertilizer of sell to the BGA make some money back and you will make dieigstate as a by product from that. Either you can sell it map dependent or use as fertilizer on the fields.
!Warning I am dislayxic I will type how i think, if you don't understand any of it then please say!

Mods by Missyb FS22
Mods by MissyB Modding
Twitch Missyb Modding
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

I leave it pile in the pens holding area until I can apply it
Max4hdmatt77

Post by Max4hdmatt77 »

Or use a multifruit silo or place a multifruit silo extension next to youre existing silo and now you can dump the manure in the silo. Although this isnt a very realistic way, if thats what youre trying to achieve.
Old McGlenno

Post by Old McGlenno »

Yeah I didn't want to store it in a silo, but I am also not sure how realistic it is to just leave it in the pen area
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

One of the manure trading mods, I think can store it for you.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

On Marwell you have to muck the barn out yourself, so I muck it out into tippers and dump in fields that I need to put manure down in. Usually in spring before planting and cultivating, or in fall after harvest. And then when I spread, I don’t have to make 15 trips to the barn. So, tractor, tipper, spreader, some type of loader.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

And that is a quite realistic way, to haul it to the fields for storage. After harvest, and before planting that is.
I tend to haul it to a grass field close to other fields, if I don't have a compact farm with everything gathered around in one place. That way I can store for a longer period of time.
Just don't put it up against houses, as not everyone loves the smell of poo. 😂
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
Old McGlenno

Post by Old McGlenno »

chedly_farms wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:34 pm On Marwell you have to muck the barn out yourself, so I muck it out into tippers and dump in fields that I need to put manure down in. Usually in spring before planting and cultivating, or in fall after harvest. And then when I spread, I don’t have to make 15 trips to the barn. So, tractor, tipper, spreader, some type of loader.
Thanks. Is Marwell the only such map? I've always found it kind of troubling that the manure just shows up outside the pen.

On console, by the way.
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

Old McGlenno wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 2:39 am
chedly_farms wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:34 pm On Marwell you have to muck the barn out yourself, so I muck it out into tippers and dump in fields that I need to put manure down in. Usually in spring before planting and cultivating, or in fall after harvest. And then when I spread, I don’t have to make 15 trips to the barn. So, tractor, tipper, spreader, some type of loader.
Thanks. Is Marwell the only such map? I've always found it kind of troubling that the manure just shows up outside the pen.

On console, by the way.
Lone Oak it spawns inside also
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

No. Lone oak, peterville, oakfield, growers, and more.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

Hollandskesomething got it indoors too, though in a pile at the end

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

redglasses

Post by redglasses »

This is probably the most realistic way of doing it, I know around here that is what they do in the spring, they'll haul it out to the grass fields and spread it when the ground dries up a bit.
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
george.earlslight

Post by george.earlslight »

Noraf wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:48 am And that is a quite realistic way, to haul it to the fields for storage. After harvest, and before planting that is.
redglasses wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 2:20 pm This is probably the most realistic way of doing it, I know around here that is what they do in the spring, they'll haul it out to the grass fields and spread it when the ground dries up a bit.
So, what happens to manure produced during winter?
Also, if there's a big pile of manure on a field and it rains, wouldn't it get carried away?
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

You need a really heavy shower for that to happend.
And manure from the cattle during winter can be hauled to fields, so it's ready for spreading as soon as possible, so you can work it in before planting.

Witch means, you don't spread manure afther cultivating, though you can do it before plowing. Usually though, you plow in the fall, and spread and cultivate in the spring.
At least in this part of the world

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to