what do you consider cheating

Illinois Farmer

Re: what do you consider cheating

Post by Illinois Farmer »

jasonbarron wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:40 pm Serious question of a non farmer: is it common for farmers to do contracts for other farmers, as it's presented in this game?
I would say not necessary for other farmers, unless like a company or co-op. It is common for farmers to have custom work for people. That is they just pay us for our time and equipment use, while they pay the taxes, seeds, fertilizer, anhydrous and they ferry the money from ther crops. If we rent a farm, then we pay for everything but taxes and we pay these people that own the land a fee per month or biannual.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
SimpleFarmer

Post by SimpleFarmer »

MacCLovin wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:36 pm I'm having a hard time with this right now...playing on Westbridge Hills. I started as Farm Manager - and have been grinding out contracts. Problem is that I have small implements. 4M-6M at most. It's making things pretty difficult and a GRIIIIIIND.

I'm contemplating giving myself a little subsidy, but I keep going back and forth to get a bigger tractor with some bigger implements.
If you have a system that seems to be netting a certain amount every year just "fast-foward" a few years. Look how much you make in about one year and multiply that by like 3 or 4 and then cheat that money in in late winter. Simulate lol, that's what the directions say to do. maybe stand up and spin a round a bunch and sit back down. make sure you say "wow those 4 years felt like a whirlwind" when you do.
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

When I roleplay, cheating is stuff that isn’t IRL, besides when I add money or lift a vehicle with mega strength because I am simulating a crane :lol: . Normal chill saves, nothing is cheating unless I complete the game too quick (example, I starts a new savegame, cheats 10 million to start off on a tiny British map, then feel too accomplished and delete save. Time efficiently wasted :lol:)
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

jasonbarron wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:35 pm I'm lazy that way; I can't resist the low hanging fruit :lol:
Just stay away from my low hanging fruit! 🍒
Ignorance is bliss
jasonbarron

Post by jasonbarron »

:search:
Yn0z

Post by Yn0z »

Well, if you are married and sleeping with the neighbors wife or husband, I consider that cheating...however, if you ever read that news article of that wife who used a knife to make her husband a eunuch...yeah not worth the risk :P

On the other matter, it is interesting to see everyone's views. I like working to a point, but I agree with cheddy I stopped playing new woodshire because I placed a biogas plant and used it and I got like 2 mill over night and then I bought all the land I wanted and I felt boxed in...

I see that people are divided on the autoload aspect, my view on this is that I do not have the time to stack and restack bales because one clipped and created a mushroom cloud of bales....

I dont like autoload bale forks...I feel that is pointless. whenever I search for new mods I check if they exist in real life like a 55ft header for a harvester...low and behold it exists as such I will use it. :) I also found a mod for the tribine harvester, I used it once and hated the skinning and felt it made it too easy.

So basically it is subjective :P
REDSTER-85

Post by REDSTER-85 »

Bragging about having a billion dollars a few days after money mod is released. If you feel you need it by all means. But there's nothing to brag about less you spent enough time and effort to earn it. It's farming sim, there's probably not many that care that you modded in a bunch of money.
Playing games because they are fun. Watching movies because they are entertaining.
Long live plug n play.
Yn0z

Post by Yn0z »

REDSTER-85 wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:58 am Bragging about having a billion dollars a few days after money mod is released. If you feel you need it by all means. But there's nothing to brag about less you spent enough time and effort to earn it. It's farming sim, there's probably not many that care that you modded in a bunch of money.
I agree, its about your parameters, however where is the fun in starting with billions of dollars...seems boring
SimpleFarmer

Post by SimpleFarmer »

Luckily for this thread, I created Financial statements where ratios like return on assets can be compared. If you own the Biogas plant and just do a huge field of potatoes you will be notified. Also, if you start with a huge farm and don't do anything with all the equipment, dont worry, it shows. In short, ROA separates the men from the boys; the neighbors wife from the neighbor's cow.
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

SimpleFarmer wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:51 pm Luckily for this thread, I created Financial statements where ratios like return on assets can be compared. If you own the Biogas plant and just do a huge field of potatoes you will be notified. Also, if you start with a huge farm and don't do anything with all the equipment, dont worry, it shows. In short, ROA separates the men from the boys; the neighbors wife from the neighbor's cow.
But my neighbor only has sheep. :!: :shock:
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)
Yn0z

Post by Yn0z »

Bryan83 wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:20 pm
SimpleFarmer wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:51 pm Luckily for this thread, I created Financial statements where ratios like return on assets can be compared. If you own the Biogas plant and just do a huge field of potatoes you will be notified. Also, if you start with a huge farm and don't do anything with all the equipment, dont worry, it shows. In short, ROA separates the men from the boys; the neighbors wife from the neighbor's cow.
But my neighbor only has sheep. :!: :shock:
:lol: well im sure you're in it for the wool :zunge:
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

I'm similar to most I've read here: I try to play reasonably realistically, but sometimes will cut corners if the FS physics are being difficult or if the worker does something no real (competent) person would do
Frustrated Farmer from Australia
SimulatedFarmer

Post by SimulatedFarmer »

I’m not sure why anyone cares what anyone else thinks is “cheating.” Personally, I decide what I want a map to do and play it that way. I’ve played straight, no mods, all mods, seasons or not. I’ve used money mods and not. If I use a money mod, I “inherit” x $$$ and the farm and then disable the money mods. I’m map picky and only play a few. Hey! I’m an old lady. If you know Beverly Hillbillies (If you don’t, you should look it up), I’m Granny. LOL You can only “cheat” if you’re competing and trying to win by using devious methods. Now, go play nicely and I’ll make you some ‘possum stew. :D
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Field Flipping - This has been my big "No No" with the game since it came out. I think letting some poor individual graft away for hours to prepare a field, plant a crop and then you come in and steal it from them is a very strange mechanic in the game.

Using Equipment or Machinery which operates at ridiculous widths when it clearly doesn't look like it should work that way. You've probably seen this from some YouTubers or Streamers who have a Harvester with a regular 12m Header on the front yet the thing drives across the field harvesting 100m wide strips. Can't stand that. If they actually had took the time in Giants Editor to make a Header Model that was 100m Wide, I'd have no issue. As unrealistic as that would be in real life, in a video game all is fair, but it needs to look believable. So yeah someone with a 3m Plough on the back of their tractor doing 50m wide strips of their field is cheating. Someone using a Flexi-Coil that has been changed in the editor to function like a Plough and is ploughing 24m wide strips, I don't mind that because it looks correct in game.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

As said above, field flipping.

And if on a 'competitive ' mp game, money cheats, price editing.

And generally stuff that takes the fun out of the game.
I play on saves where I add on what I need to set up, and others where I'll grind my way
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...