what do you consider cheating

Farming_Steezus

Re: what do you consider cheating

Post by Farming_Steezus »

For me, I rank the overall “completion” of my farm in the stats section of the menu and the driving time on each tractor on the hud. With a sandbox like this, money isn’t the end game objective; completion of work is. So to cheat that I’d need to be able to hack into my xbox and edit save files to say I’ve worked more land, driven more distance and used more fuel & all my tractors would have ridiculous work times on them.

I feel a strange satisfaction from driving a tractor with over 10 hours, almost like I know effort has been put in with it. So even if I did cheat and change those stats, personally it would be pointless as i would know they’re juked.

Maybe I myself can’t cheat this game... I like a realistic approach so it doesn’t come into the way I play or how I enjoy to play.
Xbox one user
bossmanslim

Post by bossmanslim »

The fastest way to get me to turn a stream off is for the max speed and width of all the equipment to be 2x or more of the base game. Obscene capacity limits raise an eyebrow as well.

If someone is going to use a 50m combine going 40 kph with a million capacity grain tank, why not just cheat money into the game. Who cares if the person is playing a 16x map when they're doing it in a comical way.

Autoloaders is the one item I've flipped on mainly because the log and bale physics are so bad that autoloaders make a good case to prevent rage quiting.
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

For bales, i do auto stackers from time to time, they are definently a nice addition. Though with the latest Mejier and the Lizard Spino bale "forks" i have startet to use wheel loaders a bit for bale chasing. It's an interesting, and real life, way to collect square balles. I don't use eal equiptment.
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
Yn0z

Post by Yn0z »

I have to say I love watching those crazy videos because it means the streamers are able to edit and create mods which for me is cool.

However, I have to say money isn't my end goal either but once I have an established and profitable farm and I have millions in the bank I kinda go well done and start over.

However, autobale trailers are my drug as I am terrible at stacking bales and I dont have the anderson pack.

I hate tedding but don't want to use a modded mad one, Kuhn has a 17.2m one in real life so I guess I will have to learn how to mod...
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Yn0z wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:35 am However, autobale trailers are my drug as I am terrible at stacking bales and I dont have the Anderson pack
I’m with you there, I really wish I had the Anderson pack, only autostacker I’ve ever used is the Arcusin before I got autoloaders, I would totally use the Anderson one
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
RedJester

Post by RedJester »

Anything that alters the equipment out of proportion or loads of money is what defines it for me. Making a header 50m wide or a trailer with a capacity much, much greater than normal for its size.
I do not consider Contracts/Missions cheating as custom harvesting and fertilizing in the states is quite common nor do I consider field flipping cheating as there is no land lease option( on console). If leasing was an option for land I'd be doing that instead of field flipping in Start from Scratch mode. Auto loading trailers are a blessed convenience and very much welcome.
humbe

Post by humbe »

In a game with a competitive goal, where you can measure performance compared to others, cheating would be anything that gives you an unfair advantage that breaks with the intention of the game. Like editing a savegame, or taking advantage of a bug creating a loophole.

In this game there is no defined goal. It's a sandbox to play around in and nothing more. And defining a goal to be competitive about is pretty hopeless. I've been trying to have an economic goal, but with nothing really being balanced and lots of ways to get easy money, one would end up with a ton of rules as to what mods are ok, what features are ok to use and so on, and those rules would be far too extensive to actually get many in on it in a fair competitive challenge.

Thus it's natural for everyone to just do whatever makes it most fun for them. It's normal to want to automate or simplify what you've been already doing a lot of, and using workers, courseplay, follow me, higher capacitity, faster speed, wider working width, bigger fields and so on, is ways of doing that. Editing savegames, mods or the like can also be used to counter missing functionality for other stuff one wants to automate. In this game you're only cheating yourself, and you do that if you do something that makes the game less fun for yourself. Obviously that's a very subjective measure.
Last edited by humbe on Wed May 13, 2020 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EURO_FARMER

Post by EURO_FARMER »

I'll tell you my opinion and of course I never claim I am correct.

Each player has his/her own way of playing FS. The fact that this game is mod friendly, adds value !

For me one thing I concider cheating is Courseplay. Courseplay removes all the fun, removes the magic. Is better if you have a modify harvester with faster speed and bigger capacity, than use a robotic system where everything works in a kind of autopilot and you just babysitting !!

I know, some people will consider me as a Courseplay hater, others will tell me I know nothing about Courseplay.

" you should use Courseplay "
" you don't know how helpful is"
" I cannot live without Courseplay "
etc etc

Speaking for scripting, Courseplay is the most advance mod, its script is more advance than Global Company and Seasons scripts but Courseplay removes the ability from the player to work and this is what FS is all about ; work like a farmer, even with a modify tractor even with a modify harverster, but work not just set everything on a robotic autopilot and lay back.

As I said is just my personal opinion and I never claim I am correct :)

Happy Farming
humbe

Post by humbe »

EURO_FARMER wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 6:16 pm I'll tell you my opinion and of course I never claim I am correct.

Each player has his/her own way of playing FS. The fact that this game is mod friendly, adds value !

For me one thing I concider cheating is Courseplay. Courseplay removes all the fun, removes the magic. Is better if you have a modify harvester with faster speed and bigger capacity, than use a robotic system where everything works in a kind of autopilot and you just babysitting !!

I know, some people will consider me as a Courseplay hater, others will tell me I know nothing about Courseplay.

" you should use Courseplay "
" you don't know how helpful is"
" I cannot live without Courseplay "
etc etc

Speaking for scripting, Courseplay is the most advance mod, its script is more advance than Global Company and Seasons scripts but Courseplay removes the ability from the player to work and this is what FS is all about ; work like a farmer, even with a modify tractor even with a modify harverster, but work not just set everything on a robotic autopilot and lay back.

As I said is just my personal opinion and I never claim I am correct :)

Happy Farming
You said it yourself "... this is what FS is all about ; work like a farmer, ...". That is what FS is about for you, and then Courseplay may ruin it. If you're in it for a farm manager game, just wanting to do decisions about where to invest your assets, what to do to make the most profits etc, and don't want to do the tasks yourself, then Courseplay is a good option.. And if you're in between you may get permanently or temporarily tired of some task you can automate, Courseplay can help, though you have to watch it because it may be hard to go back.
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

I don't see why so many people get upset about Courseplay. If Giants actually made the AI Workers in the game actually able to do their jobs properly as well as do some tasks they currently can't do (i.e. be a grain cart drive for the player) then you wouldn't need it.

I have used Courseplay and yes I have used it in my YouTube Series, I have however tried to limit its usage, so that much of the real field work in the game I do myself, with Courseplay handling the stuff like grain cart duty and transporting crop from the farm to sellpoints, the boring stuff that people don't want to watch hours of. I will admit though playing on 4x Maps when you have bought lots of fields, it becomes impossible to manage and work all of them buy yourself as a single player, especially when using other mods like Seasons which add a time factor and urgency to get jobs done in time. Without Courseplay on my Fenton Forest 4x series, there would have been no way I could have done some things. One of the final harvests in the Series was a Cotton Harvest on the Field 22 of the Map. I had to use 6 Cotton Harvesters, no way I can drive each one of them myself at the same time.

Every game starts out the same with you as a Farmer, busting his ass to make money, upgrade his equipment and expand his farm. However there comes a point in every single player game where you expand past the point that you as an individual can manage and maintain everything. It's at that point your operation has changed from being struggling farmer/ambitious farmer, to successful farmer and farm manager. You've gone from being the lackey in the field to the guy running an entire operation. For a lot of people that end game management mode is just as much fun as the early days and starting out on a map. Mods like Courseplay enable that management mode to work much better.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

On the Courseplay theme ... for me it's more about making the gameplay more true to life for the farming I know - East Anglia, UK. So I use Courseplay to run my corn-carts, and to run the grain lorries picking my grain and taking it to the sale point, and to run the fuel delivery lorry who fills my farm diesel tank and (slightly less real-world) the milk tanker that takes my milk for sale. I sometimes use courseplay, or even a built-in hired worker, to run the plough while I try to stay ahead spreading manure ... but not often. Which all means that for my play-style, not using Courseplay would be less real-life and therefore possibly ... just possibly ... more cheating than not?
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
IowaFarmer34

Post by IowaFarmer34 »

It is not cheating when you put peanut butter on and let your dog lick it off.... cause it is your dog!!

Dumb movie quote, can’t for the life of me remember what movie though.

Road Trip... thanks Google
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

cwattyeso wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 11:38 pm I don't see why so many people get upset about Courseplay. If Giants actually made the AI Workers in the game actually able to do their jobs properly as well as do some tasks they currently can't do (i.e. be a grain cart drive for the player) then you wouldn't need it.

I have used Courseplay and yes I have used it in my YouTube Series, I have however tried to limit its usage, so that much of the real field work in the game I do myself, with Courseplay handling the stuff like grain cart duty and transporting crop from the farm to sellpoints, the boring stuff that people don't want to watch hours of. I will admit though playing on 4x Maps when you have bought lots of fields, it becomes impossible to manage and work all of them buy yourself as a single player, especially when using other mods like Seasons which add a time factor and urgency to get jobs done in time. Without Courseplay on my Fenton Forest 4x series, there would have been no way I could have done some things. One of the final harvests in the Series was a Cotton Harvest on the Field 22 of the Map. I had to use 6 Cotton Harvesters, no way I can drive each one of them myself at the same time.

Every game starts out the same with you as a Farmer, busting his ass to make money, upgrade his equipment and expand his farm. However there comes a point in every single player game where you expand past the point that you as an individual can manage and maintain everything. It's at that point your operation has changed from being struggling farmer/ambitious farmer, to successful farmer and farm manager. You've gone from being the lackey in the field to the guy running an entire operation. For a lot of people that end game management mode is just as much fun as the early days and starting out on a map. Mods like Courseplay enable that management mode to work much better.
Exactly, giants ai= you have to do the jobs best suited for the low man on the totem pole courseplay ai= you get to do any job you want.
Sinclaircool

Post by Sinclaircool »

FarmBoss wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 12:39 pm You're only cheating if you give yourself an advantage over somebody else.
Otherwise, you're just playing the game the way you want, and that is your choice.
That sounds like some relationships
Don't leak mods