Farming in US - realistic Equipment?

Atomixx

Farming in US - realistic Equipment?

Post by Atomixx »

Hi guys,

as I am farning on Lone Oak I'm thinking about using realistic Vehicles. Are US Farmers Patriots and buy usually only Stuff made in USA (e.g. Case IH) or is it also possible to see other companies like Fendt, Deutz, Claas etc.? I know that some Challengers are quite the same than Fendt and produced for the US market, but what about the others? Reslistic or not?

Personally I'm currently using two Case 7250 Pro Tractors for working on my 145 acres of fields and I am quite happy with this. Almost 260 hp for less than 150k USD is cool! Unfortunately there is no front PTO, then it would be perfect.

So what is realistic for farming in US? Let me know, please! :-)
Viele Grüße,

TOM

------------------
LS22 (PC) (i9-13900KF, RTX 4090 Gigabyte OC, 64 GB DDR5, 3 TB m2.SSD, Samsung G9 Odyssey 49")
LS19 (PS5)
Bryan83

Re: Farming in US - realistic Equipment?

Post by Bryan83 »

Here in Washington State, I have seen exactly 1 Claas Jaguar forage harvester, and 1 Fendt that looked like it was parked so long that it was more yard decor than functioning tractor. What I do see a bit up here is JD, then Case, New Holland and MF.
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

I live in the other side of WA from Bryan, and we run a Claas Jaguar, they are surprising popular, almost more common than John Deere foragers. The Pro series you are using are the European version of the Case Magnum 7200 series, which is also a mod on ModHub for an US edition. Masseys are popular because of the NA market, and Claas is becoming a big brand in the US. I have only seen two Fendts in America , and they were pictures of 5 year old Varios that were imported. If you want, I could give you a couple basic mod links. Make sure to check out Custom Moddings mods if you are looking for American equipment.
Last edited by Dairydeere on Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
L2K Perma

Post by L2K Perma »

To go along with with the above posts, I live in the middle of a field, the farmer that owns the field usually works with Case and I do recall him using a challenger during the planting season this past year. But John Deere is also pretty popular.
FS13 - Xbox 360
FS15 - Xbox 360/Xbox One
FS17 - Xbox One
FS19 - PC

PC specs: i5-8600k, M22 Kraken AIO cooler, 16GB ddr4 ram, RTX 2070 Super, 256 GB SSD, 1 TB HDD
Bobbydj1980

Post by Bobbydj1980 »

Here in Alabama all you see are case John Deere kobota and some new Holland equipment
Love farming simulator I play on the Xbox series x orangebeach Alabama
Deereslayer

Post by Deereslayer »

In Wisconsin where I live there are some Claas forage harvesters, a few fendt tractors and about 2 Deutz tractors. It is mostly Deere, Case, and new Holland. The big reason around here Deere is king is you can get any part overnight if it's ordered by 5 PM the day before. Can't beat that. The foreign companies I've heard horror stories about waiting weeks for parts.
Wiggs75!

Post by Wiggs75! »

Here in the mid-west US, of course lots of John Deere, New Holland, Case IH and a sprinkle of Massey. I’ve seen that in the northern states (even more so closer to the Canadian border) Fendt and Claas get more prominent.
Fendt/Challenger (AGCO), Deutz-Fahr, Claas have dealerships here in the US.
But this is only what I’ve seen in my travels.
PS4 user
Simulating Farming since FS13 (PS3)
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

Western Pa chiming in. I got a Massey, CaseIH, New Holland, John Deere, and Mahindra dealer all within about a 25 minute drive of me. The CaseIH dealer always has at least one or two used Claas Jaguars on the lot. In the fields we got everything around here, more older stuff than new. And more Kinze planters than others. Back home, just outside of Pittsburgh, growing up was a lot of antique Deere’s running fields including the one I worked on. But that was more than twenty years ago.

To the the modder that decides to make a 2cylinder Poppin’ Johnny, and releases it in console...I will make sure you will be forever known as the greatest modder of all time.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
Atomixx

Post by Atomixx »

Thank you guys for all the replies! Very appreciated!
Dairydeere wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:31 amIf you want, I could give you a couple basic mod links. Make sure to check out Custom Moddings mods if you are looking for American equipment.
I'm using a PS4pro for farming, so the amount of mods is not as big as for PC, I guess?

I also don't know anything about US farming equipment companies. Are there big ones or is this all imported stuff from europe? Seems quite strange. Sry for all the poor questions, but in real life I work sth. complete different. ;-)
Viele Grüße,

TOM

------------------
LS22 (PC) (i9-13900KF, RTX 4090 Gigabyte OC, 64 GB DDR5, 3 TB m2.SSD, Samsung G9 Odyssey 49")
LS19 (PS5)
garyst

Post by garyst »

Over here in central Louisiana it is all John Deere and case IH for the most part but every once in a while you will see a new holland, versatile, or challenger, but not very often though. There are alot of Kubota equipment too but don't really see any used for farming much mostly small contractors who do landscaping work. There are alot of different short line brand implements used over here but really don't have any of those brands in fs19 except for great plains and kinze. Hardly any of the types of implements used on farms here are in fs19 either in the base game or mods. Pretty much impossible for me to farm like they do over here with what is available even if I had a pc I don't see much more equipment on the other mod sites that are used here either.
Farmercaseih

Post by Farmercaseih »

Dairydeere wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:31 am The Pro series you are using are the European version of the Case Magnum 7200 series, which is also a mod on ModHub for an US edition.
The 7200 Pro is actually the 8900 series in the US
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Here in northern Illinois, I gave a jd, case, and new Holland stores all 10 mins from the farm in a different direction. If you expand the radius to 20 miles you can go to a cat dealership. About an hr drive is fendt or agco. Most towns have some type of dealership with the majority is John Deere. I have seen the new claas lexion and jaguar in fields, but no tractors yet.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Farmercaseih

Post by Farmercaseih »

I have cousins that run Horsch corn planters. They also have a Claas Xerion and yellow Claas combines.
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

That cat dealer has the black abs yellow claa combines. A Farmer next to us ran the new white, green, and red one this year with three European warning lights and everything.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Wiggs75!

Post by Wiggs75! »

I definitely know we have the Fendt Vario 800, 900 and 1000 series here.

From what I understand a lot if not all of AGCO tractor chassis, engine, drivetrain, parts, etc are made overseas and imported here to be assembled.

Massey has a plant in Duluth, Georgia.
Fendt/Challenger has a plant somewhere in Minnesota.

Correct me if I’m wrong guys.
PS4 user
Simulating Farming since FS13 (PS3)