What do ya guys think of the dlc?

Bryan83

Re: What do ya guys think of the dlc?

Post by Bryan83 »

eric21 wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:19 pm WhAtS lIgHt TiLlIaGe?
Same tillage, fewer calories.
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)
ThatCanadianGuy

Post by ThatCanadianGuy »

Bryan83 wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:15 pm
eric21 wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:19 pm WhAtS lIgHt TiLlIaGe?
Same tillage, fewer calories.
They claim it tastes the same but we all know better.
Former real life farmer of lentils, mustard, and wheat on the Canadian prairies.
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

I'm more a fan of Tillage Zero these days, no sugar, artificial sweeteners and still no calories. You can fill your boots with that stuff.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
SimpleFarmer

Post by SimpleFarmer »

aklein wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 1:48 pm This is another DLC introducing just a brand and nothing new functionality wise. No new game play elements to speak of.
I am on the fence about agreeing with you here. The reason I would is that I've been playing the game for awhile and am starting to look for more to do. On the other hand, farming is farming and unless the game starts simulating other industries, isn't there only so much farming they can simulate? I think you should have mentioned seasons which is basically a DLC being as Giants worked on it with a modder so kind of 50-50. Seasons added a lot of realism to the game - to the point that I would wonder how much more farming is left to be simulated. Sure there are obscure or uncommon farming techniques like rice or cranberries that could be added, but there needs to be a line somewhere about how many types of farming to put in one game - it just gets too big at some point. (Rice isn't uncommon, half the world grows rice, yeah well, not the western world)
One thing I think Giants should focus more on is the pieces of the game that need improved that modders can do nothing about such as the sky. But a DLC is just that - downloadable content, so extra equipment and more options just makes sense. Overall game improvements shouldn't be DLC.
There are a lot of things I would like to be added to the game, such as increased agricultural industry outside of the farming part - like production and crop treatments as they become foods or products - but I can understand why that is just too much out of a game and it may be time to look for another simulator instead of trying to get one to cover everything.
But as far as the OP goes - I think this is a great DLC. Should the 9RX have been released at launch - yes, I still don't really understand how it wasn't. But these new seeders would have been difficult for a modding team to get right - and Giants really got them right imo, no corners cut, (well except for EU placards and crane arm) but overall a good DLC - well worth the $8. For all the people looking for smaller farming equipment - larger equipment seems to be the way the majority of farming is done (youtube uni scholar here), so it shouldn't be a surprise when Giants covers that.
Last edited by SimpleFarmer on Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
livesea72

Post by livesea72 »

I do wish the digital display on the 9RX wasn't 99% static. No MPH/KPH, No fuel useage , just the time works.
FS13 xbox360/ FS15 ps4/xbox one/ FS17 xbox one/ps4pro platinum trophy /FS19 ps4pro platinum trophy/ FS 22 PC
hun3

Post by hun3 »

I assume they put a few guys to make this DLC to feed to vibe but the main team probably focusing on the next version of the game. I didnt expect miracles.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

I dontntheybare working on the next game not until the new consoles come out
Tomazius96

Post by Tomazius96 »

Its cheap and simple DLC. I dont get why do you all complain. Nothing special, but its a solid DLC for the money.
But as usual on this forum after every release of DLC people start shitting on Giants, because they are "disapointed".

FS19 is in the end phase and people expect some magic content with new features and stuff. Yea it would be cool, but not gonna happen.

Since this is more or less still EU focused game you guys should be happy that you got quite some of the "american" content. Giants could be like: meeh we are just gonna release a DLC with some Fendt machinery and stuff. But they went over and made a deal with a Bourgault to get you some cool american airseeders and yet all you do is complain. yeez.
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

Tomazius96 wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:51 pm
Spot on
Ignorance is bliss
Deereslayer

Post by Deereslayer »

I like it. I hated the John Deere 9RT. Love the RX. Will be using it on Welker map alot. Really look forward to using it for dragging trailers of silage over my pile to unload. I hope this will maybe open the door for more equipment from Deere and maybe case like tillage and planters. Without a new game coming for over a year, I'm going to bet we will keep getting smaller DLC like today's.
livesea72

Post by livesea72 »

Tomazius96 wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:51 pm Its cheap and simple DLC. I dont get why do you all complain. Nothing special, but its a solid DLC for the money.
But as usual on this forum after every release of DLC people start shitting on Giants, because they are "disapointed".

FS19 is in the end phase and people expect some magic content with new features and stuff. Yea it would be cool, but not gonna happen.

Since this is more or less still EU focused game you guys should be happy that you got quite some of the "american" content. Giants could be like: meeh we are just gonna release a DLC with some Fendt machinery and stuff. But they went over and made a deal with a Bourgault to get you some cool american airseeders and yet all you do is complain. yeez.
To be fair the CLAAS DLC had issues, moving implements, unable to refuel scorpion and several other issues. it took 5 months to fix.
FS13 xbox360/ FS15 ps4/xbox one/ FS17 xbox one/ps4pro platinum trophy /FS19 ps4pro platinum trophy/ FS 22 PC
jasonbarron

Post by jasonbarron »

Haven't had a chance to play it yet, but I can confidently say even so that for $7.99 I'm not expecting Earth shattering additions to the way the game plays. I've seen video and the details of the equipment are a wonder, and for those that like big ass fields (me) the big drill and cart are more than worth the money.
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

I’m liking it.

The 9RX is awesome.
In the store you can see that the headlights actually do have black rims around them.
For some reason you don’t see that in the game itself. Guess it’s the reflection of the glass
Ignorance is bliss
SimpleFarmer

Post by SimpleFarmer »

iwan073 wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:52 am
In the store you can see that the headlights actually do have black rims around them.
And for that reason, I'm in.
CowsGoMoo

Post by CowsGoMoo »

Tomazius96 wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:51 pm Its cheap and simple DLC. I dont get why do you all complain. Nothing special, but its a solid DLC for the money.

Bourgault is from Canada, and I don't see any 700hp tractors working 100 foot air seeders in my parts. Heck I don't even undertand why real farms still plant soybeans with same row planter as corn instead of using a seeder set on 7.5 inch rows and quadrupling their bean crop with the same acreage. Maybe it's just a farmer thing?

For my farming style the stuff is way to huge, I like medium fields best with 8-10 meter equipment and such, but I have season pass so I get already get it. I'll play around and try everything then most likely not use it again, like all the cotton and sugarcane stuff.
Maybe the small 8m seeder will see some regular use.
Let's get some cows!
FS17 a few hundred hours on pc, 920 ps4
FS19 2660 hrs ps4/ps5
FS 22 [ps5] 1070 hrs [pc] 60 hrs