What do ya guys think of the dlc?

Mwal

What do ya guys think of the dlc?

Post by Mwal »

Wondering what folks think of the dlc. I’m really happy with the drills they look good and will fit right in with my operation. For all the bad things that can be said about 19 I feel like the dlc has been pretty good (if you toss out the cotton dlc).
livesea72

Re: What do ya guys think of the dlc?

Post by livesea72 »

I will let you know what in 8 hours once it unlocks for me. I have a 80 hour westbridge hills save I'm going to use most of it on.
FS13 xbox360/ FS15 ps4/xbox one/ FS17 xbox one/ps4pro platinum trophy /FS19 ps4pro platinum trophy/ FS 22 PC
Tylercheesey1986

Post by Tylercheesey1986 »

I like it, however the big drill and cart is insanely long when folded and reversing is near impossible so i prob won't use it much. The JD is cool too
Aussie who loves himself a 7790 JD cotton picker, 100ac was most i got off in one day. (22.5hrs)
Currently a 300 ac irrigated beef farmer with Hereford Angus x.
50-120 head.
Gear-MF i148, 7 disc offset plow, fert/seed broadcaster, harrow bars.
Only crop for improving grazing capacity so don't need much.
Aussie farmer who thinks FS 19 rulz :gamer:
Xbox gamer tag- TopCheesey420
MrSquealypig

Post by MrSquealypig »

I know a lot of people like the big equipment but with this and the big bud equipment, I really wish they could make a small farming DLC.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Anderson dlc is a small one, but back on topic this is a nice pack
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

MrSquealypig wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:39 am I know a lot of people like the big equipment but with this and the big bud equipment, I really wish they could make a small farming DLC.
Very interested in what you would like to see in this small farming dlc
bossmanslim

Post by bossmanslim »

If you play on console, it's probably ok.

If you play on PC, it's a waste of money; equipment is too wide for European maps and mods exist for the 9RX that allow NA configurations.
MrSquealypig

Post by MrSquealypig »

Mwal wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:32 pm
MrSquealypig wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:39 am I know a lot of people like the big equipment but with this and the big bud equipment, I really wish they could make a small farming DLC.
Very interested in what you would like to see in this small farming dlc

And some more hand tools maybe
aklein

Post by aklein »

I was disappointing from the date of announcement when we saw how the equipment was broken down and what was included. This is another DLC introducing just a brand and nothing new functionality wise. No new game play elements to speak of.

The Anderson DLC not only brought us a new brand it brought us new functionality in the bale movers, the in line bale wrappers and the poplar baler. The DLCs in 17 with the exception of the ROPA DLC all brought some new level of functionality. The Kuhn brought the combo seeder, power harrow, subsoiler setup and the square bale wrapper, the platinum edition brought sugar cane (albeit not alot of people do that crop it was a whole new area of farming possibilities) The big bud brought new brands and huge equipment that previously wasn't in game. The ROPA was just a dud IMO bringing nothing really new just slightly different looking root crop equipment.

So far in 19 we have had the Anderson DLC with new functionality. The "JD" cotton pack which included 5 McCormick implements and tools and 1 JD vehicle gave us round cotton bales vs square modules. Seems to me to be a preplanned delayed release of the JD cotton harvester for the sake of cash flow IMO. The huge Claas expansion introduced a whole new brand for sure but nothing truly new just more vehicles and tools of a different brand within the same HP ranges of existing stuff. Then we have this DLC which once again has a JD seemingly tossed in as a extra. Could we have had the 9RX from day one of the game release, was this held back deliberately from day one for inclusion in a DLC later?

Now that I have had a chance to look at the equipment its won me over a little. the models aside form the JD are amazing with the details and the clarity of the labels and such. Its a big disappointment that the crane arm does not work on the air carts and the smaller seeder unit. It would have been a fun interactive element to load the seeder with big bags using the crane controls. During my own live stream first look the comment in chat around the hitch behind the air carts for pulling an anhydrous tank same goes for the cultivator has gotten me to think that had the DLC included anhydrous functionality the DLC would have been a home run. Drop the JD token tractor which I think was just there to sell a few more copies of the DLC. Give us a few anhydrous tank trailer options, a placeable anhydrous fill station and maybe a storage tank and allowed the usage of this new filltype on the cultivator and seeders. Combine that with a functional boom and it would have been well worth the $7.99, $9.99 or maybe even $12.99.

As it stands I would say wait till its on sale and if you can buy it from steam at a discount.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Some of that wouldn’t be to bad. Be nice to see most of the fleet of bobcat brands make it in. That little round baler is adorable.
Derplodactyl

Post by Derplodactyl »

aklein wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 1:48 pm I was disappointing from the date of announcement when we saw how the equipment was broken down and what was included. This is another DLC introducing just a brand and nothing new functionality wise. No new game play elements to speak of.

The Anderson DLC not only brought us a new brand it brought us new functionality in the bale movers, the in line bale wrappers and the poplar baler. The DLCs in 17 with the exception of the ROPA DLC all brought some new level of functionality. The Kuhn brought the combo seeder, power harrow, subsoiler setup and the square bale wrapper, the platinum edition brought sugar cane (albeit not alot of people do that crop it was a whole new area of farming possibilities) The big bud brought new brands and huge equipment that previously wasn't in game. The ROPA was just a dud IMO bringing nothing really new just slightly different looking root crop equipment.

So far in 19 we have had the Anderson DLC with new functionality. The "JD" cotton pack which included 5 McCormick implements and tools and 1 JD vehicle gave us round cotton bales vs square modules. Seems to me to be a preplanned delayed release of the JD cotton harvester for the sake of cash flow IMO. The huge Claas expansion introduced a whole new brand for sure but nothing truly new just more vehicles and tools of a different brand within the same HP ranges of existing stuff. Then we have this DLC which once again has a JD seemingly tossed in as a extra. Could we have had the 9RX from day one of the game release, was this held back deliberately from day one for inclusion in a DLC later?

Now that I have had a chance to look at the equipment its won me over a little. the models aside form the JD are amazing with the details and the clarity of the labels and such. Its a big disappointment that the crane arm does not work on the air carts and the smaller seeder unit. It would have been a fun interactive element to load the seeder with big bags using the crane controls. During my own live stream first look the comment in chat around the hitch behind the air carts for pulling an anhydrous tank same goes for the cultivator has gotten me to think that had the DLC included anhydrous functionality the DLC would have been a home run. Drop the JD token tractor which I think was just there to sell a few more copies of the DLC. Give us a few anhydrous tank trailer options, a placeable anhydrous fill station and maybe a storage tank and allowed the usage of this new filltype on the cultivator and seeders. Combine that with a functional boom and it would have been well worth the $7.99, $9.99 or maybe even $12.99.

As it stands I would say wait till its on sale and if you can buy it from steam at a discount.
This.

It doesn't appeal to me at all as soneone who lives between the 100-250hp range and the 3-5metre range - but that's a personal note.

From my standpoint, the only real new thing is the 9RX, without that, I don't think it adds a great deal of value - there's only so many maps where this equipment is useful, and unless you have huge open land, it's more inconvenient.

Don't get me wrong, it's a nice add on if you like big stuff, and it's great to see the move towards more US equipment for US players (coming from a UK player), but it feels like it was lacking something, and like you said, I think that new functionality that makes you go "ooo, that's nifty", just isn't there.
- James G | Derplodactyl (The Jaggler)
- Giants Ambassador 🇬🇧
- PC & Xbox One

PC Specs:
-AsRock B550M Extreme4 Steel Legend
-AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
-EVGA RTX 3080Ti XC3 Ultra
-Corsair 32GB DDR4 @3600MHz
-1TB Samsung 970 Evo Pro M.2 + 256gb NVMe Storage
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

aklein wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 1:48 pm I was disappointing from the date of announcement when we saw how the equipment was broken down and what was included. This is another DLC introducing just a brand and nothing new functionality wise. No new game play elements to speak of.

Interesting idea on the anhydrous except there are no hoses to take the nh3 from the tank to the draw bar and doesn the shanks that goes into there ground. Maybe irl it can be outfitted that way, but the game design is missing the hoses for it. I still believe that weeder is actually a drag. It folds up and down exactly like our drag irl. Also it has the same spikes and bars going across it.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

I have to say I'm in agreement with everything Farmer Klein said above. I've had over a month off playing FS19 as got burnt out on it, playing it everyday for over a year for my work. I've fired it up today to look at this new DLC pack, because I bought the Season Pass and it got automatically downloaded. It's just another DLC filled with Vehicles and Tools that could have been mods, and in the case of the 9RX have been mods for many months now for PC Players. I'm getting frustrated that the DLCs are never bringing new functionality and no new game play elements to speak of. I'd have thought once Giants made the decision not to release FS21 this year, there focus would then have been to see what they can add and update in this game to keep people playing it for another year or two until the next game comes out. Right now I'm not seeing how people are going to be compelled to keep playing FS19 throughout 2020 and 2021 without some big changes.

We know there are at least two more DLCs coming this year, and from the Agritechnica show last year we know what at least one of those DLCs is going to include. So that just leaves one we don't know the content of. Is that the one where Giants are going to to pull out and implement new gameplay?
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
bossmanslim

Post by bossmanslim »

cwattyeso wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:20 pm I have to say I'm in agreement with everything Farmer Klein said above. I've had over a month off playing FS19 as got burnt out on it, playing it everyday for over a year for my work. I've fired it up today to look at this new DLC pack, because I bought the Season Pass and it got automatically downloaded. It's just another DLC filled with Vehicles and Tools that could have been mods, and in the case of the 9RX have been mods for many months now for PC Players. I'm getting frustrated that the DLCs are never bringing new functionality and no new game play elements to speak of. I'd have thought once Giants made the decision not to release FS21 this year, there focus would then have been to see what they can add and update in this game to keep people playing it for another year or two until the next game comes out. Right now I'm not seeing how people are going to be compelled to keep playing FS19 throughout 2020 and 2021 without some big changes.

We know there are at least two more DLCs coming this year, and from the Agritechnica show last year we know what at least one of those DLCs is going to include. So that just leaves one we don't know the content of. Is that the one where Giants are going to to pull out and implement new gameplay?
I find it getting on the verge of shocking that Giants spent all this effort to put a placable system in the game and yet still hasn't released a DLC using that system.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Hehe people complain about the dlc before even downloading it, knew what it was about and still after downloading it, complain about it