John Deere 9RX bad sound quality in new DLC

Skunkworks

John Deere 9RX bad sound quality in new DLC

Post by Skunkworks »

I just got the Bourgault DLC and I love it. The John Deere 9RX is wonderfully modelled.

Just one thing, the sound of the 9RX is terrible...the sound is scratchy, there is no difference in sound between normal driving and it actually working with an implement, and the incremental sound steps when revving up sounds like 8 bit.

Is it just me or does anyone feel the same?
norfolk farmer

Re: John Deere 9RX bad sound quality in new DLC

Post by norfolk farmer »

I have not got the dlc or am I likely tooas it does not appeal to me, but if the sounds are not realistic i'd not be surprised given the sounds from the other non modded vehicles in 19
vondeylenfarms

Post by vondeylenfarms »

Yea it sounds bad... starting it up is terrible
Vondeylen Farms Ohio, U.S.
1000 acres, family farm, huge Case IH guy(however mostly John Deere now)

Platform-PS5
Welker Farms over 1000hrs
Onto FS22!
Large JD Farm with corn and soybeans always looking for multiplayer
https://www.youtube.com/user/vondeylen22
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

I don't mind it. But then again, there have really only been a small handful of machines' sounds I didn't like at first.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
vondeylenfarms

Post by vondeylenfarms »

I'm not saying don't get the dlc by any means...just was hoping for a good sounding tractor as they had plenty of time to change it up. The tractor alone is awesome, love the 3d tracks
Vondeylen Farms Ohio, U.S.
1000 acres, family farm, huge Case IH guy(however mostly John Deere now)

Platform-PS5
Welker Farms over 1000hrs
Onto FS22!
Large JD Farm with corn and soybeans always looking for multiplayer
https://www.youtube.com/user/vondeylen22
REDSTER-85

Post by REDSTER-85 »

In terms of bad sound, the horn is terrible. I miss the big horns from previous installments, especially schluter 1500s horn in 13.
Playing games because they are fun. Watching movies because they are entertaining.
Long live plug n play.
Skunkworks

Post by Skunkworks »

I tested this on console and it is not so much an issue as on pc. The sound was worse on pc. So decided to disable all mods and now console and pc sounds the same and is OK ish... There could still be work done on the engine sou d when under load which does not seem to exist.

Also, the headlights seem to have this film effect on it, similar to that of a custom Modding's 9RT. I may post a bug on this as the headlights should not appear so reflective.
SimpleFarmer

Post by SimpleFarmer »

I don't really care for the sound either - it sounds like going up a 5 note keyboard when you throttle up. So does the quadtrack though, I think they used the same sound file or something. Tractor sounds could really be improved across the game though, they are all pretty flat imo.
CowsGoMoo

Post by CowsGoMoo »

Skunkworks wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:09 am I just got the Bourgault DLC and I love it. The John Deere 9RX is wonderfully modelled.

Just one thing, the sound of the 9RX is terrible...the sound is scratchy, there is no difference in sound between normal driving and it actually working with an implement, and the incremental sound steps when revving up sounds like 8 bit.

It all sounds the same. Welcome to Farm Sim 19 😒
Let's get some cows!
FS17 a few hundred hours on pc, 920 ps4
FS19 2660 hrs ps4/ps5
FS 22 [ps5] 1070 hrs [pc] 60 hrs
SJ_Sathanas

Post by SJ_Sathanas »

I use to get that sound issue with a Case Puma on Xbox. Iirc it didn't do it all the time, just later when I had more vehicles and tools (but no where near slot limits).
Sinclaircool

Post by Sinclaircool »

Skunkworks wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:09 am I just got the Bourgault DLC and I love it. The John Deere 9RX is wonderfully modelled.

yeah and the pedals aren't animated but overall so pleased as being a console player
Don't leak mods
Jagtractor

Post by Jagtractor »

REDSTER-85 wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:47 am In terms of bad sound, the horn is terrible. I miss the big horns from previous installments, especially schluter 1500s horn in 13.
That's what horns sound like on tractors unfortunately. Big strong machines, Dinky little horn.
I have always wondered if it is industry standard or simply no manufacturer wants to bother putting in a big air horn.
PC and PS4 Pro
been playing on pc lately.
Farmercaseih

Post by Farmercaseih »

I can't say that I have ever actually needed to use the horn on a tractor/combine
Jagtractor

Post by Jagtractor »

I second that. Guess that's why theydont bother making it fun
PC and PS4 Pro
been playing on pc lately.
b101uk

Post by b101uk »

Jagtractor wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:03 am That's what horns sound like on tractors unfortunately. Big strong machines, Dinky little horn.
I have always wondered if it is industry standard or simply no manufacturer wants to bother putting in a big air horn.
vehicle regulations in many country's (the horn must work with the engine off and the ignition on).

airhorns that use electric compressor are far far less reliable than conventional electric horns, as they *censored*-in dust, even though they can conform to the above.

(censored is s u c k, as s u c k-in)

otherwise airhorns must use air directly from none braking related auxiliary tanks/consumer system, and due to being drawn from the auxiliary tanks/consumer system there is a pressure cut-off that stop them working once pressure drops too low, so they cannot meet many local regulation.

most tractors don't have air braking systems, and of the ones that do, most often they only have air braking for the trailer brakes and not the actual tractor brakes (though the odd one or two do have air over hydraulic brakes and auxiliary air systems for none brake consumers of air) thus most tractors don't have the capability to use airhorns within vehicle regulation, given manufactures are bound by type approvals and construction and usage regulations as manufactures, unlike for end-users for whom the law is more flexible.
plays FS15/FS17/FS19/FS22 on PC
:zunge: