The Greatest Thing I Ever Created

MrSquealypig

The Greatest Thing I Ever Created

Post by MrSquealypig »

In FS17, my main project was to use mods to create a farmer's market. This was a fairly simple task, with the hardest part being collecting all of the crops and materials you could make in the game, and the finished product is not really that impressive even though I was fairly proud of what I had made at the time:

With FS19, a forklift was introduced in the base game, which was improved via modding, and a lot of other mods have come out since that are suitable for warehousing, so I decided this would be my new project.

This was a much bigger undertaking for me because at the start I was not very skilled at using pallet forks. I always used round bales so I could grab them with the grappling attachment instead of the forks or bale spikes I struggled with.

As a result, I feel a lot more accomplished presenting the finished product, though it is certainly not perfect:

Fun facts about the project:

-It took 15 hours and 40 minutes to build (most of which was done while being home sick with a really bad cold from work over the last 2 days).
-Out of that time, 13 hours and 54 minutes was spent on the forklift.
-There are 256 objects in the warehouse
-I kept the house, barn, fences, and borders that came with the map, but sold everything else, including sheds/silos/equipment.
-With that said I have used 1,277 out of 1,299 slots available.
-The warehouse contains $459,981 worth of "vehicles", $37,720 worth of fertilizer, $23,910 worth of seed, and $76,250 worth of "other."
-I turned off auto-save and saved the game after every pallet that I successfully put on the shelf.
-I only knocked over racking 3 times, twice with the forklift.
-The other time was caused by putting pressure washers on the middle racking. When I used the pause game feature and came back to the game all of the pressure washers were glitched together on the bottom shelf causing my whole warehouse racking to implode (Luckily I could just boot from the most recent save and not put the pressure washers on the shelf again).
-I positioned the racking 100% by "eyeballing" it and somehow had enough space to keep all my racks pretty evenly spaced since I had no way to measure.

And most importantly, I couldn't have done ANY of this without the following mods and their amazing creators!!!!:

Minibrunn (map) by TopAce888
Kaercher HDS 9/18-4 M by DDModPassion
Hand Weeder by ar1g3
Pallets Pack by Sphinx
Container by Sphinx
Amazone Profihopper by GtX
Universal Porch Roof by no.naim (LSMC)
Self-Marketing by farmerfivetom
Fuel Safe by North Modding Company
Machinery Shed by [DMI]20mmNormandy
Shovel by Puszkap
Service Pickup Pack by Realistic Farmers
Bucket by DanioMods
Placeable Details Pack by Kamilos0397
Wheel Barrow by Vector Man
Naus Potato Storage and Turnable Pallet Fork by Dutch Modding Incorporated
Manure and TMR Pallet by MrHector
Portable Shelf by NicoPix's
Chicken Food Bag by MrHector
Manitou MC by Kyosho
One Seed Bag by Tarczi007
Traffic Warning Signs by ShabaFS
Fliegl Transport Box by Fabian/Gogobear
Pioneer Pallet by Agrartechnik Nordeifel
Pallets With Barrels by ShabaFS
Egg Pallet by MrHector
Man TGS Flatbed by TSModding
Bag'n'Lifter Pack by n0tr3adY
Government Subsidy by Realismus Modding

Let me know what you guys think of my warehouse and whether I should sell the machinery shed and make videos of me knocking everything to pieces with different kinds of machinery!
EnglishGent

Re: The Greatest Thing I Ever Created

Post by EnglishGent »

I am very impressed. You must have some patience though. I put a folding rack near one of my sheds just for seeds and I clipped it with the pallet and it wasn't pretty. I also have a set of fixed racks at my other farm but the liquid fertiliser have a habit of jumping off the top every so often.

Whilst we're here, I'll take some chicken feed, a pressure washer and maybe another IBC of herbicide.
Barrcott

Post by Barrcott »

Hats off to you sir. That's some project to undertake & finished perfectly . Absolutely brilliant how these mods not only enhance the farming aspect of the game but to also create a great deal of diversity of other aspects of player immersion.

Well done , real credit to you !
Swapped the tractor seat for a truck, 30 years later & still regretting it !

Last regular drive > FENDT 930 / 939 & Claas Xerion 3800
Play time > Ford TW20
Bottomless money pit > David Brown 880
Should never of sold the MF168 !
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

That sounds like an amazing project, very well done!
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

Are you opening anywhere near Shelby, MT anytime soon? Been working at Welker and would really like to check out your store.

Seriously, nice work.
Last edited by Bryan83 on Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Hmm, what about McGregor, IA? Possibly?
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Happy farming!
MrSquealypig

Post by MrSquealypig »

EnglishGent wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:16 pm I am very impressed. You must have some patience though. I put a folding rack near one of my sheds just for seeds and I clipped it with the pallet and it wasn't pretty. I also have a set of fixed racks at my other farm but the liquid fertiliser have a habit of jumping off the top every so often.

Whilst we're here, I'll take some chicken feed, a pressure washer and maybe another IBC of herbicide.
Yeah the physics of racking can be a little squirrelly and I did have to do some occasional maintenance after some of the pallets settled. Adjusting the pallets is something I have become surprisingly good at through this. Thanks for the kind words and you'll always get a discount when ordering from me!
Barrcott wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 3:45 pm Hats off to you sir. That's some project to undertake & finished perfectly . Absolutely brilliant how these mods not only enhance the farming aspect of the game but to also create a great deal of diversity of other aspects of player immersion.

Well done , real credit to you !
There are so many games within this game, that it is almost a disservice to call it "Farming" simulator while it has many other career paths to choose from. Some of them (e.g. forestry) are even done better than games that are strictly dedicated to them!
Dairydeere wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 4:21 pm That sounds like an amazing project, very well done!
Thank you!
Tippwarrior

Post by Tippwarrior »

🤠 hats off to you sir. The time and dedication to make something like this a second time wow. This idea you've created would be a shame to see you destroy it. So instead of you didn't know already that a certain forum member had set up a farming community thread where people could roleplay buying and selling equipment and various supplies. So I ask you if you would be interested in maybe joining and setting up your business over there. You could charge for delivery and roleplay your Warehouse being constantly stocked to help other players go and buy the various commodities that you would stock. I may have rambled a little but hopefully you get the idea.

Here's the link https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
MrSquealypig

Post by MrSquealypig »

I may do that, if people would like!
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

MrSquealypig wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:41 pm I may do that, if people would like!
We're always welcoming new people over there. Come on over and check it out.
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

MrSquealypig wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:41 pm I may do that, if people would like!
+1 from me. I’m already setup on the trader forum, let me know when you’re up and goin and I’ll be the first to get some seed off of you *thumbsup* .

(I better check if my sprayer needs some fertilizer in it too...)

Discord Server
Facebook page

Happy farming!
MrSquealypig

Post by MrSquealypig »

With the minibrunn update freeing up slots, I made a bit of an expansion.

Flags from our biggest brands (lizard and pioneer), plus green energy:

Brooms:

Ladders:

New home/office:

Case billboard?????????

Case dealership!

Video update:

MrSquealypig

Post by MrSquealypig »

Mod credits:

Ladder Pack by Sphinx
Broom by no.naim
Tool Trolley by Kirjen
Case IH Vestrum Series by RedCat3D/Lukas2002
Self-Marketing by farmerfivetom
Case IH LB434R by MefiuFs
Case IH Farmlift 935 by Dales_farmer
Case IH Autonomous by SimulagriModding
Flags by Stoneway Design
Case IH Steiner Series by Steenkamp Modding
Case IH Axial-flow 240 Series by Steenkamp Modding
Billboards by Stoneway Design
Container House by gamerhzs
Lizard Carryall by MAS-Dev
Washing Station by WhiteBull Modding
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Very nice! I can’t imagine what you’d build if slots were not a limitation for you!

Discord Server
Facebook page

Happy farming!