Farmcon 2020 cancelation

Sinclaircool

Farmcon 2020 cancelation

Post by Sinclaircool »

Will there be an update closer to the time with farmcon and the coronavirus outbreak because it looks like it is getting bad all around the world
Don't leak mods
Ritchie

Re: Farmcon 2020 cancelation

Post by Ritchie »

Shouldn't you be out panic buying toilet roll instead of posting on the forum.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

😂 toilet paper Forts are the only known cure for Coronavirus
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Haha. It is in July, 4 months away. Once it warms up the virus will stop.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

@Illinois Farmer exactly correct
Mwal wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:26 pm 😂 toilet paper Forts are the only known cure for Coronavirus
Do you have yours built yet? I know I’m going to challenge my siblings to a TP war, no potty talk allowed though...
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 7:21 pm Haha. It is in July, 4 months away. Once it warms up the virus will stop.
Huh? It's not exactly cold in Spain and Italy right now.
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

50 plus degrees isn't warming up. It needs to be 70 to 80. There is a reason flu season is never in the summer. The coronavirus has been around awhile. This is just a different strain.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
vondeylenfarms

Post by vondeylenfarms »

Here in Ohio it terrible...hardly any cases and our governor already closed all schools, banned all gatherings of 100 or more people and just today closed all restaurants and bars until further notice. This stuff is ridiculous
Vondeylen Farms Ohio, U.S.
1000 acres, family farm, huge Case IH guy(however mostly John Deere now)

Platform-PS5
Welker Farms over 1000hrs
Onto FS22!
Large JD Farm with corn and soybeans always looking for multiplayer
https://www.youtube.com/user/vondeylen22
george.earlslight

Post by george.earlslight »

vondeylenfarms wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:22 am Here in Ohio it terrible...hardly any cases and our governor already closed all schools, banned all gatherings of 100 or more people and just today closed all restaurants and bars until further notice. This stuff is ridiculous
It's not ridiculous, it's prudent and the right way to control the pandemic.
We, in Europe, were thinking like that and now it's uncontrollable.
IceUul

Post by IceUul »

Happening or not, my plans about going there this year are cancelled.
I only wish we had done these "stuff ridiculous" restrictions more early in our country, so we would have also less infected people.
Chaki
GIANTS Software | Community Coordinator

Post by Chaki »

Hey folks, we understand the concern and are keeping an eye on it ourselves together with Deutz-Fahr. Should we have to cancel, we'll let you know ASAP.
aka Chris - Community Coordinator - Professional Wolf - Typer of Keys

Technical Help [EN/DE] - Bug Reports - Support
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

I'm not sure temperature rises are as effective as people think. I've seen a lot of conflicting reports but little solid evidence that temperature rises kill the virus. Look at the middle east and Australia for example - they've got cases just like everywhere else but are much warmer than some other places affected.

I think where temperature will help is common cold and seasonal flu cases are generally reduced in summer months, so the general spreading of all viruses will decrease simply due to fewer coughing and sneezing bouts. That said spring and summer also brings more hay fever cases, so sneezing will still be an issue for some.

IceUul wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:55 am Happening or not, my plans about going there this year are cancelled.
I only wish we had done these "stuff ridiculous" restrictions more early in our country, so we would have also less infected people.
UK is taking a much more risky but potentially better long-term approach of basically waiting for more people to get infected, they then get immunity from the virus and are less likely infect others, namely the most vulnerable.

Still things like most sport has been postponed (mainly due to staff and players having to self-isolate). The government advice was for football matches to go ahead with the usual crowd, but the league themselves changed their stance after the Arsenal manager was diagnosed as well as a few players.

Businesses all around will probably be struggling for some time to come due to general caution and uncertainty. Look at the air industry, having to ground flights all over, but still pay staff.

At least GIANTS shouldn't be badly affected - might even get more sales from people having to stay indoors or off work. Farmcon is unlikely given it's hardly essential and other game/tech gatherings scheduled months after Farmcon are already cancelled. The fact most attendees will be from Germany means there's no harm in waiting it out for a little while, but if it is cancelled hopefully GIANTS will still be able to stream/do whatever was intended anyway.
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

I suggest this thread now gets locked before it gets out of hand. The original question has been answered, there's no need for any more discussion.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

george.earlslight wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:52 am
vondeylenfarms wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:22 am Here in Ohio it terrible...hardly any cases and our governor already closed all schools, banned all gatherings of 100 or more people and just today closed all restaurants and bars until further notice. This stuff is ridiculous
It's not ridiculous, it's prudent and the right way to control the pandemic.
We, in Europe, were thinking like that and now it's uncontrollable.
It’s ridiculous in the sense that something that effects 90% of the population with mild cold like symptoms and were throwing the pandemic word around like it’s killing 90% of the population. I understand it can be deadly to some groups of people but so are many other diseases that we have lived with for centuries. The worst part of all of it is the best way to fight it is doing what you are supposed to do when you are sick anyway and the fact that this somehow is revolutionary to people and shutting the world down as a result seems excessive.
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

The part that is worrying about this strain is how easily it spreads.
That being said, i'm 100% sure temperature rising will kill of the virus (and all other life on earth). Just have to be high anough :P
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...